Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Zhong Shubo from Pingjiang County in Hunan Province Dies as a Result of the Persecution

January 26, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) The family of practitioner Mr. Zhong Shubo from Meixian Town, Pingjiang County in Hunan Province has suffered the effects of the persecution of Falun Gong many times since it began on July 20, 1999. Mr. Zhong's health was devastated after he was illegally detained in a forced labor camp. He died on January 10, 2007.

Mr. Zhong, 63, started practicing Falun Dafa in 1998. Prior to that time, he was very weak and suffered from many diseases. He had been diagnosed with hypertension, hardening of the cerebral arteries, myocardial infarction, and so on. After practicing Falun Dafa for one year, all of his diseases were cured without treatment. Dafa's marvelous effects prompted his entire family of eight to take the path of cultivation. After July 20, 1999, three members of his family went to Beijing to appeal, speaking up for Falun Dafa.

The 610 Office of Pingjiang County and the National Security Brigade persecuted Mr. Zhong's family repeatedly by threatening the family, confiscating property, extorting and imposing fines, putting Mr. Zhong's house under surveillance, arresting and detaining his family members, detaining them in forced labor camps, etc. Mr. Zhong believed in Dafa and never submitted even slightly to the pressure to give up his practice. When the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials took him to the forced labor camp, he was sitting cross-legged on the ground, firmly resisting. Four police officers lifted him into a police vehicle.

At the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp in Changsha City, Hunan Province, Mr. Zhong firmly safeguarded Dafa, clarified the truth, and did not cooperate with those who persecuted him for his beliefs. However, under the strict monitoring, he could not study the Fa or do the exercises. Within half a year, he suffered a relapse of his old diseases and his life was in danger. The labor camp officials feared that he might die in their custody, so they informed his family members to come and get him.

After going home, as a result of the mighty virtue of Dafa, Mr. Zhong gradually restored his health. He went from house to house, clarifying the truth to the people, exposing the methods of those who persecute Falun Gong.

Several months ago, when a fellow practitioner was arrested by the 610 Office and the National Security Brigade, Mr. Zhong went to request his release. The police not only refused to accept his request, but also went into a rage, shoving Mr. Zhong out of the office, and closed the door in a hurry. Mr. Zhong was not able to move his hand in time and it was clamped between the door and the door frame. His hand was bruised and lacerated and blood immediately gushed out. He called and waited a long time before the police finally opened the door to let his hand go.

Mr. Zhong was trying to give kind advice to the officers who were treating Falun Gong practitioners unjustly, but in return received such a repayment from them. After he returned home, his hands and feet frequently felt numb and ached. He died on January 10, 2007 as a result of the incident.

According to incomplete statistics, 6 practitioners from Pingjiang County have been illegally sentenced to prison, 45 practitioners were sentenced to forced labor camps, 243 individuals were detained at detention centers, the family property of many practitioners was confiscated, and every practitioner has been fined. Chen Ouxiang from Sandun Township was beaten to death at Baimalong Forced Labor Camp. Since Li Zhibang from Yuping Township was arrested by the government officials of Yuping Township in 2000, his whereabouts have been unknown. Zou Ruxiang, Zhong Shubo, Wu Yinkui, and Zou Siying sustained devastating damage to their bodies after returning from labor camps, with their feet losing circulation. Zou Wenyu and Li Hongchun both lost their eyesight.