Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution of Qian Shiguang, a Senior Engineer from the Northwest Institute of Petroleum Exploration and Development in Gansu Province

January 26, 2007 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Qian Shiguang, a senior engineer from the Northwest Institute of Petroleum Exploration and Development of China resides in Chengguan District, Lanzhou City, Gansu Province.

After July 20, 1999, when the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong began, Mr. Qian was illegally detained in the Taoshuping Rehabilitation Center, where he went on a hunger strike to protest. He was only released when he was on the verge of death. He gradually recovered after studying the Fa and doing the exercises.

In May 2000, he was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor and served the term in Gansu Province No.1 Forced Labor Camp, also called the Ping’an’tai Forced Labor Camp. He went on a hunger strike again. He became very weak and his weight dropped to nearly eighty pounds. Therefore, he was taken to Dashaping Forced Labor Hospital, where he was diagnosed with multiple organ malfunctions. The camp authorities were afraid of his death, so he was released on medical parole.

When he got home in December 2001, he kept studying Teacher’s new articles and doing meditation when possible. Later on, his weight increased, but the newly grown flesh was yellow in color, and he developed hyposarca. Several days later, the skin cracked, and the yellowish liquid discharged. He did not pay much attention to that, and totally recovered one month later.

On June 2, 2002, he went to Beijing to validate Dafa and was subsequently arrested. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor and detained in Beijing’s Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp, where he was brutally tortured. The guards incited criminal inmates to beat his face with fly swatters and a wooden baton. The thugs forced Mr. Qian's head into the toilet bowl and made him drink the water, they pulled hair from his beard and eyebrows, and they occasionally threw him into the urinal area of the restroom, soaking him with urine and toilet water. In the winter, the perpetrators tied him up with a rope and put him under the bed (a space so narrow that he was unable to turn over), forcing him to urinate there. They then poured cold water over his body. The guards sometimes forced criminals to take Mr. Qian outside at night, stripping off his clothes and pouring cold water over him, and then covering his body with snow. The guards and the criminal inmates broke Mr. Qian's vertebrae and even incited two other criminals to drag Mr. Qian along on the run during the early morning exercise period in this condition.

On May 27, 2005, when Mr. Qian was just leaving his residential area, he was stopped and surrounded by eight police officers (seven men and a woman) from the 26th Division of the Lanzhou Police Department. They took away the key and entered his house, where they proceeded to search and then ransack his home. They recorded everything with a video camera and took two computers (a desktop and a laptop), a three-in-one printer, a laser printer, a CD burner, a laminator, plus money and clothes. At about 7:00 PM of that day, he was tortured using the Tiger Bench. He was asked to confess the names of fellow practitioners he contacted, which he refused to do. So he was tortured and beaten. Two hours later, he was transferred to the Gongjiawan Brainwashing Center for further persecution, where he was handcuffed and hung up for nearly half a month. As a result, he had trouble raising his hands for four months. During the winter of 2005, he was locked in a cold basement with no heat or bed. No water was provided and he was given only one steamed bun for a whole day. He had to relieve his bowels in the cell. After twenty days on a hunger strike, he was then taken out of the basement.

In the winter of 2006, it was demanded that he write the so-called "transformation letter," but he refused to do it. Owing to the strict censorship at the brainwashing center, his family was not allowed to see him, so further details of the persecution are not clear.