Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

216 Persecution-Related Deaths of Falun Gong Practitioners Verified in 2006

January 25, 2007 |   By Li Ming, Clearwisdom correspondent

(Clearwisdom.net) According to an incomplete estimate based on information published on Clearwisdom.net, 216 deaths of Falun Gong practitioners as a result of persecution were verified through civil channels through 2006. Among them, 99 were women practitioners, accounting for 46 percent of these deaths. One-hundred-and-sixty-five practitioners died in 2006, and the remainder died before 2006.

The 216 deaths reported in 2006 were distributed across 26 provinces, cities, and autonomous regions. The highest death toll�"35 practitioners�"was recorded in Heilongjiang Province, followed by 31 deaths in Jilin Province, 25 deaths in Liaoning Province, 20 deaths in Hebei Province, 18 deaths in Shandong Province, 12 deaths in Sichuan Province, 10 deaths in Hubei Province, nine deaths in Chongqing City, eight deaths in Hunan Province, six deaths in Gansu Province, six deaths in Henan Province, five deaths in Beijing, five deaths in Shanxi Province, five deaths in Jiangsu Province, three deaths in Neimenggu Autonomous Region, three deaths in Jianxi Province, two deaths in Guangdong Province, two deaths in Tianjin City, two deaths in Guizhou Province, two deaths in Xinjiang Autonomous Region, two deaths in Shanxi Province, and one death each in Shanghai, Zhejiang Province, Guangxi Province, Anhui Province and Fujian Province.

During the seven-and-a-half years of genocide-style persecution of Falun Gong between July 20, 1999, and December 31, 2006, by the Chinese Communist regime, a total of 3,010 Falun Gong practitioners’ deaths have been verified. Among them, women practitioners account for 1,631, or 54 percent. Eight practitioners were between ages 10 and 19, and 115 practitioners were between 20 and 29. An average of 33 practitioners died from persecution every month.

These statistics were smuggled out of China by Falun Gong practitioners and other conscientious people, despite tight restrictions on information and the Communist regime’s best efforts to hide the truth. The incidents published on Clearwisdom.net represent only a very small percentage of what is really happening in this brutal persecution. A stunning number of practitioners and their families have been persecuted in the past seven-and-a-half years. Many others are missing. The harvesting of organs from living practitioners by the Communist regime was exposed in March 2006, and official data by the Chinese regime shows a rapid increase in organ trade in China during the past few years. The number of deaths of practitioners from persecution far exceeds what we are currently able to verify and publish because of the regime’s brutal policies: "Ruin [Falun Gong practitioners'] reputations, bankrupt them financially, and destroy them physically" and "Beating [Falun Gong practitioners] to death is counted as suicide."

After the regime’s harvesting of organs from living practitioners, "a form of evil new to this planet," was exposed to the international community in March 2006, ("Report into Allegations of Organ Harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners in China" by David Kilgour and David Matas") the Communist regime shamelessly denied this practice while refusing to allow independent investigators to enter China to conduct on-site independent investigations. At the same time, the regime launched another round of arrests and killing of practitioners in an attempt to silence witnesses and destroy evidence. Many of the practitioners who died in 2006 were killed soon after being arrested. The regime savagely tortured to death many practitioners inside labor camps and other facilities. The regime also turned the practitioners over to their families only when the practitioners were at the brink of death, and the practitioners died soon after being released. Some practitioners were killed through "medical means." The situation confronting Falun Gong practitioners in Mainland China is still quiet perilous and demands urgent attention.

19 persecution-related deaths of Falun Gong practitioners verified in December 2006

Nineteen deaths of Falun Gong practitioners as a result of persecution were verified in December 2006. Four�"21 percent of the total number�"were women, and seven of those�"one-third�"were over 50 years old; 14 died between January and December 2006 and five died in December 2006.

These 19 deaths spanned 13 provinces, cities, and autonomous regions. Four deaths occurred in Heilongjiang Province, followed by two deaths in Liaoning Province, two deaths in Gansu Province, two deaths in Shandong Province, one death in Jilin Province, one death in Chongqing City, one death in Sichuan Province, one death in Jiangsu Province, one death in Beijing, one death in Shanghai, one death in Shanxi Province, one death in Guangxi Province, and one death in Zhejiang Province.

Practitioners Mr. Shi Baoqi and Mr. Li Yuanbao killed through "medical means"

Practitioner Mr. Shi Baoqi was from Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province. The Taiyuan City police went on a rampage to arrest practitioners after a recent visit from a "supervisory group" from the central regime. Officers from Taiyuan City Police Department and from the Ximing Police Station broke into practitioner Li Caiyun's home, arrested Mr. Shi Baoqi and also practitioners Li Caiyun, Duan Fengqin, and Zhang Ruilian. The four practitioners were held at Taiyuan City Detention Center.

The police went back to Shi Baoqi’s home the next day and confiscated Falun Dafa materials. It was learned that Shi Baoqi was brutally tortured at the detention center. Mr. Shi was taken to the No. 109 Police Hospital in Taiyuan City on November 30, 2006. After an intravenous infusion with unknown drugs he immediately began to sweat profusely and died suddenly after being taken back to a cell at the detention center. Li Yaqin, female, and Dr. Liu, the female chief physician "treated" him. The police then tried to bribe his family with 50,000 yuan in exchange for silence, but the family refused to cooperate.

According to published information, many practitioners have been killed there.

Practitioner Mr. Li Yuanbao was 59 years old and an artist living in the dormitory of the Chengxian Yueju Opera Group in Yuhuan County, Taizhou City, Zhejiang Province. Li Yuanbao and his wife went to Beijing to clarify the truth about Falun Gong after the persecution began. The police ransacked their home and harassed and threatened them many times. His wife, who was in her 60s, was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor. The police went to his home several times. Once they dragged him on a tricycle and took him to the police department for brainwashing. He refused to "reform" and the police put a pair of handcuffs in front of him and threatened him. Li Yuanbao suffered terribly.

Mr. Li's wife was released two years later. One day he suddenly could not move one of his arms. His son took him to the Yuhuan County People’s Hospital where a young chief surgeon pressured his wife daily to consent to brain surgery. His wife refused because all of the patients who had undergone brain surgery at that hospital during that period had died. A brain surgeon in another city repeatedly told Li Yuanbao’s wife on the phone not to let the local doctors perform brain surgery. He told her, "It’s OK that he [Li Yuanbao] is in a coma. He’ll regain consciousness on the seventh day and the critical period will pass." Mr. Li ’s wife read Zhuan Falun" to him while sitting close to him, and sometimes he came out of the coma briefly and looked at her when listening to the Fa.

Li Yuanbao’s wife refused to sign the consent form, and a doctor brainwashed by the Communist Party threatened her, "Falun Gong is disapproved of by the government! How dare you go against our hospital with Falun Gong? Just you wait!"

The morning of the seventh day the nurses were extremely surprised to find Mr. Li Yuanbao awake and conscious, and his breathing, blood pressure, and heartbeat were back to normal. At this point, however, the young chief surgeon directed the nurses to force unknown drugs into Li Yuanbao's mouth. They refused to stop when he vomited violently; they simply forced more drugs down his throat. His two sons tried their best to stop the hospital staff but failed. Mr. Li Yuanbao died shortly afterward.

Ms. Zhang Yunzhi from Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province, died from internal organ damage as a result of brutal beatings

Ms. Zhang Yunzhi, 51, was from Nianzishan, Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province. She began to practice Falun Dafa in October 1998. She never wavered in her belief in Falun Dafa, persisted in the practice, and also appealed for Dafa in Beijing. She was arrested five times and brutally tortured. After the first four arrests she was able to break free with the power of her righteous thoughts and righteous actions. After the fifth arrest, however, the police beat her until she nearly died. Her entire body became swollen and fluid oozed from her legs. Eventually she died from severe internal organ damage as a result of the beatings.

More than 100 police officers from the Nianzishan District Police Department broke into four practitioners' homes at 7:30 a.m. on March 31, 2006, and arrested seven practitioners. The police took away three computers, two VCD players, one VHS player, and a few Falun Dafa books. The practitioners were brutally beaten and forced to pay fines. The police specifically targeted Ms. Zhang Yunzhi. With personal instructions from Wang Hongxin, deputy director of Yuejin Police Station, a group of officers wrapped Ms. Zhang's head in a plastic bag and proceeded to beat her ruthlessly until she lost consciousness.

Afterwards, the police sent her to the Neurology Department at Hoshan Hospital and later on told her family to go to there as well. When her family arrived she seemed to have convulsions, vomited blood, and was incontinent, lying in her own waste. She was unconscious and barely alive. The doctors at the hospital were shocked by her condition and dared not prescribe any medication for her. Her family was devastated and repeatedly asked to take her home. The police, however, refused to release her saying, "We need authorization from our superiors." It was past 2:00 p.m. when they finally let Zhang Yunzhi’s family take her home.

Ms. Zhang regained consciousness at home some time after. She endured excruciating pain without complaint. A few times she vomited blood, and her urine was bloody and malodorous. Her abdomen swelled to the point that she could not eat or lie down. Later, her abdomen became swollen to the extreme and her head shrunk; the rest of her body was skeleton-like. Her buttocks ulcerated, and there were beehive-like small holes on her legs from which fluid seeped. It took six rolls of toilet paper a day to clean up the fluid. She had to completely rely on others’ care at all times.

She passed away at around 4:00 p.m. on October 2, 2006.

71-year-old blind practitioner brutally persecuted

Mr. Guo Haishan, 71 years old, was a retiree from the 19th Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Missile Technology (CAMT). He was blind in both eyes. Because he persisted in practicing Falun Gong, he was arrested twice, once in the summer in 2002 and then in the summer of 2006. Both times he was sent to a brainwashing center.

Zhu Yanhua, head of the 610 Office at the CAMT, and his henchmen from the Fengtai District Branch of the Beijing City Police Department and from the Donggaodi Police Station started to arrest and torture local practitioners in the spring of 2006 without restraint. They followed practitioners, tapped their phones, threatened their bosses, arrested them and ransacked their homes. They confiscated many PCs, printers, DVD burners, Falun Gong books, and several thousand copies of Falun Gong materials from the practitioners' homes. They sent practitioners either to a forced brainwashing center or a forced labor camp. This included Mr. Guo Haishan and his wife, Xu Xiuying. Zhu Yanhua threatened to send those practitioners in the brainwashing center that refused to renounce Falun Gong directly to the forced labor camp.

Mr. Guo Haishan died on November 26, 2006 at the age of 71 as a result of the persecution.

Falun Gong practitioners in China have endured more than seven years of genocidal persecution by the CCP in order to uphold the goodness of "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The persecution is a disgrace to mankind and is a persecution of the entire world. Let us see through the true nature of this evil persecution that has targeted a group of kind and innocent people and together, with justice and conscience, end the crime.