Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Dong Jiahe from Huili County, Sichuan Province Detained, Viciously Beaten and Illegally Sentenced to a Forced Labor Camp

September 25, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On August 3, 2006, Falun Dafa practitioners Dong Jiahe and his brother-in-law Li Tianhua from Xiaying Village and Tianxihe Village, Neidong County, Huili County, Liangshan City, Sichuan Province went to the town to buy pesticide. On the street they met Falun Dafa practitioner Liu Tianhou’s disabled wife who was in a wheelchair. She said she was going to visit the National Security Team to inform the officials of their financial difficulty and demand the immediate release of her illegally-detained 73-year-old husband. Both of them wanted to go with her. At about 3:00 p.m., the team leader of the National Protection Team, Yang Shaoliang came out with some police officers. They videotaped the practitioners who were there and drove them away. They arrested Dong Jiahe and his brother-in-law and took them to the Public Security Bureau. At about 6:00 p.m., the police sent them to the Custodial Station and illegally detained them.

That night, the police in the Huili Custodial Station instigated the inmates to savagely beat Dong Jiahe and Li Tianhua. Mr. Dong's right leg became swollen and turned black and blue, and he had difficulty walking. The right side of his chest was swollen as well and he felt pain in his back. Xiong Zhiqiang, the policeman on duty, instigated inmates Chen Gang, Luo Xiande and Duan Kairong to beat Dong Jiahe. Police officer Lu Hongyou instigated inmates Ni Guoqiang and Li Huaqiang to beat Falun Dafa practitioner Li Tianhua.

Dong Jiahe has a 74-year-old mother at home. One of his sons is studying away from home and needs financial support. Another son hasn’t grown up yet, and his wife is in poor health. It is the busy season in the country at this time and there is no one to look after the fields. His mother and sister (both Falun Dafa practitioners) went to the National Security Team to inform them about their situation and also tried to reason with them. Yang Shaoliang lied to them by saying that Mr. Dong and Mr. Li came to make trouble and said mockingly, "You can go ahead and sue me. I would go to prison if I arrested people wrongfully." After enduring a lot of trouble, they finally managed to see Deputy Director Lu Jianrong. Lu tried to prevent them from looking for other officials by saying, "I will report your situation to the senior officials. Please don’t look for them yourself."

The greed of getting the eight hundred yuan bonus for sentencing every Falun Dafa practitioner to forced labor camp made the officials from the Public Security Bureau fabricate a case against Dong Jiahe and Li Tianhua and they were sentenced to forced labor on August 29. Dong Jiahe was sentenced to two years and Li Tianhua to one-and-a-half years. The statements in the verdict were full of lies. The verdict reads, "At about 2:00 p.m. on August 3, 2006, the defendant with ten other people went to the Huili Public Security Bureau to spread the Fa, chanting anti-revolutionary slogans, protesting and demanding Falun Gong practitioner Liu Tianhou be released unconditionally." Dong Jiahe corrected this erroneous statement by saying, "We didn’t chant any slogans. At the time I sat in front of the gate of the Grain Bureau and Yang Shaoliang forcibly apprehended me and took me to the Public Security Bureau. I didn’t bring any materials. The verdict says I had '125 copies of anti-revolutionary materials.' Where did they come from?" Dong Jiahe and Li Tianhua totally deny the charges and they have decided to appeal to the court.

Dong Jiahe, 46, initially suffered from a number of diseases such as gastric ulcer, cystitis, lumbar muscle pain and numbness of all four limbs. The treatments he pursued did not cure these ailments. But after he started practicing Falun Gong in January 1999, the diseases quickly disappeared. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, policeman Yang Shaoliang and others illegally broke into and searched his house. In August 2001 Mr. Dong was constantly followed by the police and was forced to become homeless to avoid further persecution. In October 2002, he was apprehended and sent to the Panzhihua City Custodial Station. There he was hung by handcuffs from the window above the door and was beaten ferociously by the police. Warden Xiong Zhiqiang viciously beat him with a heavy leather belt. They took turns beating him until he was covered with bruises. Later Yang Shaoliang from the National Protection Team and his team made a secret decision to send Dong Jiahe to the Xinhua Labor Camp in Mianyang City, and they sentenced him to one-and-a-half years in the forced labor camp. Once again, Dong Jiahe has been arrested, viciously beaten and illegally sentenced to forced labor.

Related phone numbers:

The Public Security Bureau Switchboard: 86-834-5622026, 86-834-5622297, 86-834-5622374, 86-834-5623441, 86-834-5623445, 86-834-5623446, 86-834-5623542, 86-834-5624742
Detention Center: 86-834-5680843
Custodial Station: 86-834-5680071
Xiong Zhiqiang: 86-834-5630191 (Home)