Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution of Ms. Lei Xiuhua in Elunchun, Inner Mongolia

September 25, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Ms. Lei Xiuhua is from Elunchun, Inner Mongolia. During the past several years, she was illegally detained multiple times, and her family was fined a great deal of money. As a result, her son was forced to quit school. Her daughter was admitted to a university, but couldn't go since they couldn't afford the tuition. Ms. Lie was sent to forced labor camps twice and detained for a total of two years. She suffered various tortures. She was whipped with power cords and pinched on the upper portion of her thighs. The following is her account of the persecution she endured during these years:

"My experience represents just a tiny fraction of the brutal persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in China since 1999.

"My name is Lei Xiuhua. I'm 43 years old. My home is located in Dayangcun Township in Elunchun, Inner Mongolia. My family includes my husband, myself, a son, and a daughter. My husband and I owned a small business. I used to have various illnesses and had to take a lot of medicine. In 1997, I started to practice Falun Gong. In a few days, all my diseases were gone. Since then, I've never needed any medicine. In the past, both my husband and I were bad-tempered. We constantly fought with each other and were on the verge of getting a divorce. After I started to practice Falun Gong, I conducted myself strictly according to the principles of 'Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance.' I continuously purified my mind and body by removing my shortcomings. I regained my health. Harmony and peace returned to my family. My husband often told others, 'Falun Dafa changed my wife completely.'

"In 1999, Jiang's regime launched the persecution of Falun Gong. Since I refused to give up practicing Falun Gong, I was illegally detained by the head of the Dayangcun Police Station for over seven months. My husband is an honest and good-natured person. My detention was a big blow to him. When I was detained, he couldn't do anything but go to the police station to request and beg for my release. The police station and police department extorted money from him. One day they would tell him that they would release me if he gave them 1000 yuan. The next day they would ask for 2000 yuan. Only after my husband gave them 6000 yuan was I allowed to go home.

"After I was released, my husband was afraid that I might be detained again, so he didn't allow me to practice the Falun Gong exercises. He even beat me. I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was detained again. The Qiaodong police also detained my husband. He was severely beaten there and fined 2000 yuan. I was sentenced to two years of forced labor, which was served in the detention center for a year and at Tumuji Women's Labor Camp in Xing'an League for a year.

"In 2004, I was found carrying truth-clarification materials and was detained by the Dayangcun police for over three months. The head of the 610 Office in the Eqi area, Jiang En'wu, didn't want to release me, so I went on a hunger strike for seven days and was eventually freed. Within one month, policemen from the Dayangcun Police Station arrested me again. At the detention center, I shouted ,'Falun Dafa is good!" The head of the detention center, Yin Liansheng, and policeman Zhang Wuling handcuffed me spread-eagled to four big rings for the entire night. I couldn't move my limbs, and my lower abdomen ached. I spent the night in excruciating pain.

"Later, I was sentenced to three years of forced labor. I was sent to the labor camp in Huhehaote City. On the way there, I overheard the policemen's conversation. Policeman Li Benxue told the head of the National Security Brigade, Bao Yong, that since I didn't have a job, their first request to send me to the labor camp was not approved and that they had had to resubmit the request. Once we arrived in Huhehaote City, I had severe abdominal pains. I was sent to the hospital, where the doctors diagnosed that I had a uterine fibroid tumor and needed to have a surgery in order to remove it. But the police ignored the doctor's diagnosis and put me in a storage room in the labor camp. For half a month, they didn't allow me to have any sleep. I refused to succumb to their tortures, which were designed to force me to write the three statements to renounce my belief in Falun Gong. Policemen Wu Jing, Liu Yan, and a team leader instigated drug addicted criminal inmates Yang Jing and Cui Junping to beat me. They whipped me with power cords and pinched my upper thighs. The beating was so brutal that there were bruises all over my body. My ribcage hurt for over three months.

"Policeman Wang Dongyun was also quite vicious. He frequently hung me by my handcuffs. In order to prevent me from, as he put it, 'committing suicide by banging my head into a wall,' he put a helmet on my head, tied my legs, and inserted a sock into my mouth. If I cried out of pain, he would shock me with electric batons.

"I still refused to write the three statements and tried to clarify the truth about Falun Gong in the Education Division. The policemen intensified their tortures. Due to prolonged hanging by my handcuffs, I couldn't raise one of my arms for three months.

"Since the uterine fibroid tumor grew larger and larger, the doctor suggested that I have the surgery immediately. The doctor said she would tell people that Falun Dafa is good if my tumor disappeared without surgery. In 2005, Division Two had a new head person, and the head of the subdivision was also changed. Tortures subsided. The tumor disappeared quickly. I really hope that kind-hearted doctor knows this so that she will understand about the wonder and beauty of Dafa.

"My father was critically ill. With my daughter's guarantee I was allowed to go home and visit him, but I was told to return to the labor camp. I didn't do anything wrong. The legal system is supposed to punish the bad and praise the good. It should not be used to persecute good people. I didn't return to the labor camp. Policemen arrested my daughter and detained her for more than 20 days! They also searched for me everywhere. I had to leave my home and move from place to place to avoid further persecution.

"The persecution over the past several years has put me and my family in great difficulty. My husband and I lost the normal source of our income, and we are deeply in debt. Our lives were devastated. We can't afford to send our children to school. My son didn't even graduate from high school. My daughter was admitted to a university but couldn't go since we couldn't afford the tuition. My husband had to work hard to support the whole family and I couldn't take care of him. He became very thin. I used to have a peaceful and happy family. My daughter could have become an outstanding university student. But the persecution of Falun Gong changed everything.

"I'd like to use this opportunity to tell those who have participated in the persecution to stop their wrongdoings and start making up for their errors by doing good deeds. Do not ignore the heavenly principle that 'good is rewarded with good and evil provokes retribution.' Do not lose everything in the future for present fame and self-interest."