Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Situations of Four Falun Gong Practitioners Persecuted in Jiamusi City

August 27, 2006 |  


1. Ms. Dai Lixia, 51 years old, had many diseases prior to practicing Falun Gong, but all symptoms vanished after she began the practice. The police have harassed, arrested, imprisoned and deceived her several times over the years.

Prior to the 2000 Chinese New Year, Ms. Dai went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and was arrested. Cui Rongli (deceased), an agent from the Xiangyang District Police Department in Jiamusi City, was responsible for her arrest. Ms. Dai was jailed in a detention center for two months. Cui Rongli demanded that her family pay 3000 Yuan in "bail." Dai’s family paid the money and also gave Cui Rongli personally another 3000 Yuan, fearing that he otherwise wouldn’t release Ms. Dai.

In June 2000, Cui Rongli tricked Ms. Dai into returning to the police station and jailed her without cause. She was held for 25 days. Two weeks after her release, a policeman saw Ms. Dai talking to another Falun Gong practitioner on the street. This policeman arrested Ms. Dai again, citing her with "illegal assembly." The officer took 700 Yuan in cash from the practitioner.

Ms. Dai was sent to Xiangyang District Police Department. Policeman Yu Jinju told her that she had to pay 300 Yuan, and otherwise she would be sent to a detention center. Ms. Dai was eventually sent to a detention center, where she was jailed for 23 days. She was released when her father-in-law passed away. Seven days after her release, the former CCP head Jiang Zemin came to Jiamusi City. Officials took Ms. Dai and her child to the Qiaonan Police Station and planned to send her to a detention center again. Ms. Dai argued with them. The officials said, "We have to lock you in the detention center for a few days. You will be released after Jiang leaves." Policeman Li Zhong sent Ms. Dai’s child to her friend’s house and sent Ms. Dai to the detention center. The detention center authorities told her to pay a certain amount of cash. Her family appealed to officers in the City Police Department. Ms. Dai was jailed for 17 days before she was released.

In December 2002, two police officers arrested Ms. Dai outside a restaurant. Policemen searched her and tied her up. They sent her to the Xiangyang District Police Department. After being held there for one and a half days, they sent her to a detention center. Approximately three weeks later, she was sentenced to three years of forced labor. She was charged with possession of Falun Gong banners and other materials, although the police didn’t find those things in her home.

During the morning of January 6, 2003, Liu Yadong and Zhang Xiaodan, two policewomen from the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp, forced practitioners Ms. Dai Lixia and Zuo Xiuyun to take off their clothes. They beat Ms. Dai and Zuo with police batons and attempted to force them to renounce Falun Gong. Since Ms. Dai refused to do so, Liu Yadong hung her up for 50 minutes.

In June 2003 the labor camp forced Falun Gong practitioners to write materials to slander Falun Gong. Practitioners tried to clarify the truth to the policemen, but they refused to listen and said, "You will be hung up if you don’t write what we want." Practitioner Lu Jing was hung up for a whole night since she refused to write. Policemen He Qiang, Mu Zhenjuan, Gao Xiaohua and Liu Yadong and several criminals beat the practitioners. Gao Xiaohua and Liu Yadong beat Ms. Dai and slapped her in the face with her shoe. Mu Zhenjuan pulled her hair and also slapped her. They beat her for one hour. Then they locked her up in a very uncomfortable position for a long time. Ms. Dai was locked up for 15 days. She was unable to wash her face or brush her teeth. She had to sleep sitting on the ground. Her hands were locked even when she went to the bathroom. Sometimes policeman Gao Jie opened the window to expose the practitioners to the freezing cold. The seven practitioners were tortured for 26 days before they were released.

2. Dai Yan from Jiamusi City arrested for practicing Falun Gong.

In December 2002, more than 30 policemen waited in ambush outside a restaurant in Jiamusi City and arrested Dai Yan. They tied her up and searched her. They took 100 Yuan and a pager from her. Dai Yan was later sent to a police station with six other Falun Gong practitioners. They were questioned. Dai Yan was sent to a Suburb Police Station later, where she was locked onto a metal chair. A policeman pulled her hair, making her neck hurt. Another policeman slapped her. After being subjected to more physical abuse, she lost consciousness and was sent to a hospital. Policemen forced her family to pay 5,000 Yuan. The hospital expense was only several hundred Yuan. Policemen kept the rest of the money without giving the family a receipt. Policemen didn’t show Dai Yan and her family any legal document during the whole arrest process.

3. Hou Zhen’an’s experience

On July 19, 1999, Hou Zhen’an went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He and other Falun Gong practitioners were arrested in Harbin City. National security division officer Shi Xiuwen at the Yonghong District Police Department had a "meeting" with the practitioners. Every practitioner was questioned and their personal information was recorded. The practitioners had to pay a 100-Yuan fine before they were released. During the evening of July 22, 1999, practitioners were forced to watch Falun Gong-slandering TV programs. Hou Zhen’an was forced to pay 3,100 Yuan before he was released.

Later in July 1999, reporters from a TV station went to Hou’s home and asked him if his whole family practiced Falun Gong. He said yes. Then they asked if Hou’s family refuses to take medicines when sick. Hou answered, "We don’t have illnesses; nobody stops us from taking medicine." The reporters then stopped the interview. They then interviewed a doctor, who works where Hou is employed. This doctor said that Hou’s wife died because she refused to take medicine, which was not the casee. The TV station eventually played the interview, airing it under the headline "The victims of Falun Gong." During the whole program, there were no words from Hou. The whole program was full of lies from the TV station.

In December 2000, Hou tried to go to Beijing again to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. On the train, policemen ordered every passenger to curse Mr. Li Hongzhi, the founder of Falun Gong. They took away those who refused to curse. Hou was arrested with another practitioner. Policemen took 100 Yuan from each of them without giving a receipt.

They were taken back to Jiamusi City. Mr. Hou and that other practitioner opened a banner reading "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance" at the train station and shouted "Falun Dafa is good" and "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good." Policemen then sent them back to their workplaces.

Prior to the 2001 Chinese New Year, five agents from the Forest Police Department in Jiamusi City broke into Hou’s home and seized Mr. Hou. The police chief promised Hou that he could go home before the New Year. They took Hou to an office where a photo of Mr. Li Hongzhi had been placed on the ground. The police said to Hou, "If you step on it, we will let you go." Hou said, "This is my Master. I won’t step on it!" Hou was later sent to the Heli Detention Center.

The quality of the food in the detention center was poor, and Hou was forbidden to use the restroom. On Chinese New Year's Eve, police came to Hou’s room and asked him, "Is Li Hongzhi a good person or bad person?" Hou said, "He is a good person! He is my Master." Hou was released three days after the Chinese New Year. The police chief demanded of him to pay the transportation expenses and for gas. Hou refused.

In June 2003, three officers from Chang’an Police Station searched his house. They took away Falun Gong books and materials and took Hou to the police station. They also arrested Hou’s daughter-in-law, Men Xiaohua, who was already very weak as a result of the persecution. They threatened Hou with police batons and asked Hou where he got those materials. Hou answered, "I found them on the street." They jailed Hou by placing him into a cage. He was sentenced to a stay in a labor camp. Since Hou had high blood pressure, the labor camp refused to accept him. Hou was released later.

When his daughter-in-law Men Xiaohua was sick, policeman Chen Wanyou came to her house with other policemen several times to harass her. They showed Men Xiaohua some pictures of practitioners and asked Men Xiaohua if she knows them. She said, "No." Men Xiaohua eventually died as a result of the persecution.

In the summer of 2004, Hou went with other practitioners to distribute materials. He was again arrested, this time by Jiangkouzhen Police Station agents. They were sent to a detention center, where Chen Wanyou was present. Hou clarified the truth to him. Hou was then released because of his high blood pressure, but another practitioner remained jailed.

4. Ms. Song Yuzhi from Jiamusi City is 53 years old. Police officials have frequently harassed, arrested, jailed and deceived her over the past few years.

In February 2000, Li Yanwei, an officer from the Yong’an Police Station in Jiamusi City, and four other officers broke into Song Yuzhi’s house. They searched her and took away Falun Gong books and materials without showing her any legal search warrant. They arrested Ms. Song and jailed her in a detention center for 34 days. Officer Yang from the Qianjin District Police Department forced Ms. Song to sign her name on a pre-written letter. They also forced her to pay 1,500 Yuan.

In the summer of 2001, Song Yuzhi and her child went to a friend’s house. Policeman Li Yanwei saw her and followed her to her friend’s house. Li Yanwei knocked on the door, but Song’s friend refused to open the door. So Li Yanwei climbed to their window, which badly scared her friend’s family. Song Yuzhi didn’t want to cause her friend trouble, so she opened the door. Li Yanwei took Song and her child to the Yong’an Police Station, where Li Yanwei threatened them.

In June 2001, Li Yanwei and three other officers took Song to the police station without giving any reason. They subjected her to interrogation but didn’t get any information, so they let her go home that night.

On April 8, 2002, Zhu Hui and Geng Yue, officers from the Yong’an Police Station, searched Song’s house. They took away two VCD players, a CD player and Falun Gong books. Since Song was not home, they took her son Zhao Xingwei and jailed him at the Jiamusi City Detention Center. Zhao Xingwei was later sentenced to two years of forced labor. A few days later policeman Wang Hongjia ran into Song Yuzhi on the street. He arrested her illegally and took her to the police station. They subjected her to interrogation. Since they didn’t get any information from her, they let her go home that night.

On May 23, 2003, Chen Wanyou and Chen Yongde, officers from the Jiamusi City Police Department, ordered 20 agents from the Anqing Police Station of Dongfeng District Police Department in Jiamusi City to search Song Yuzhi’s house. Song Yuzhi refused to open the door, so the policemen broke in. They confiscated Falun Gong books and materials. They called in Chen Wanyou and Chen Yongde, and arrested Song Yuzhi and Jiang Jialin, a visiting Falun Gong practitioner. At night they sent Song to the Jiadong Criminal Police Team, where Song was locked onto a metal chair for two hours. They demanded to know where she got those Falun Gong materials. Song was then sent to Jiamusi City Detention Center and jailed there for two months. They sentenced her later to two years of forced labor. Since she had heart disease, the labor camp refused to accept her. Dongfeng Police Department chief Song demanded her family to pay 3,000 Yuan to bail her out. Wei Yuanxin, Jiadong Criminal Police Team member, demanded 2000 Yuan. No receipts were issued.

During the morning of April 7, 2005, two practitioners visited Song Yuzhi. Two officers from the Songjiang Police Station, laying in ambush, observed this. They broke into Song’s home and searched it. They didn’t find anything after a two-hour search. They called the police station, and 40 policemen arrived at Song’s house, but they still didn’t find anything. Neighbors saw the whole thing. Nevertheless, they confiscated two DVD players, 1,400 Yuan cash, two CD players and two knives. Policemen tied Song up and took her to Songjiang Police Station, sending her to Jiamusi City Detention Center later that night. She was subsequently sentenced to one year of forced labor.

Chen Wanyou and Zhao Yi from the City Police Department directed the whole affair.

Once in the detention center, four officers from the Dongfeng Police Department tried to take photos of Song Yuzhi and take her finger prints. Song said, "I am not a criminal, so I refuse to do this." Policemen held her hair and push her head against the table, injuring her head. She developed heart disease due to the torture and vomited whatever she ate, yet she was still sent to the Jiamusi City Labor Camp.

In May 2005, in the labor camp, guards Hong Wei and Li Xiujin forced Song to write "guarantee letters". They threatened her and tricked her into signing the letters. Since she had sustained her head injury, she could not take care of herself. Sometimes she cannot even walk. Guard Liu Yadong forced her to walk without holding onto anything. Song often lost consciousness, but her captors said she was just pretending. Guard Li Yongbo forced Song Yuzhi to write a weekly report "on her thoughts".

Song was tortured in the labor camp for four months. She was released when she was very weak. Her weight, about 130 pounds before her arrest, had dropped to 80 pounds at her release.