Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Unimaginable Suffering of a Family in Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province (Photos)

August 25, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) The Chen family resides in Canfangying Village of Beixinpu Township, Huailai County, Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province. The whole family practices Falun Gong and have suffered relentless persecution.

On January 1, 2001, seven family members, father Chen Yunchuan, mother Wang Lianrong, the older son Chen Aizhong, the younger son Chen Aili, the older daughter Chen Shulan, the younger daughter Chen Hongping and the daughter of the older daughter Chen Shulan, Li Ying, went to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa. They suffered brutal persecution in the following several years. The older son Chen Aizhong, the younger son Chen Aili and the younger daughter Chen Hongping were killed in the brutal persecution. The older daughter Chen Shulan is currently detained in Beijing's Daxing Prison and the whereabouts of her daughter Li Ying are still unknown. The parents suffered greatly in seeing their children detained and killed. The couple's whereabouts are unknown.

1. Chen Aizhong was disabled due to torture and died from a brutal force-feeding

Photo of Chen Aizhong

Chen Aizhong, the older son of the family, was arrested and detained in Beijing's Dongbeiwang Detention Center for seven days. In order to force him to tell them his name and his home address, the police stripped him naked and cuffed him to a tree in the courtyard. With both of his feet in the snow, he almost froze in the icy weather for over an hour. The snow under his feet melted and became two water holes. His limbs lost feeling due to freezing. Facing such brutal torture, Chen Aizhong still refused to tell his name and address. He suffered tortures for seven days, including being beaten with police batons, shocked with electric batons, slapped on the face, boxed and kicked, and deprived of sleep. The wicked police used electric batons with high voltage of 300,000 volts to shock his head, face, both arms, the inner thighs and genitals. They applied electric shocks back and forth on the most sensitive parts of his body for long periods of time. This made Chen Aizhong lose consciousness several times. There were many blisters on his body caused by electric shocks. His legs swelled, badly bruised with purple color, and became disabled. He was no longer able to stand up.

Several days later, after the police failed to get any information from Chen Aizhong, they sent him to Haidian District Detention Center in Beijing. Ignoring the fact that Chen Aizhong had countless scars from being tortured, the evil police in the detention center continued to inhumanly torture him. They instigated criminal prisoners to torture him. They stripped Chen Aizhong naked, dragged him to the courtyard and buried him in the snow. In the cold of winter, Chen Aizhong was buried in the snow for about three to four hours.

The police incited several prisoners to continue torturing him with a method called "opening the lock." One prisoner held his two fingers tightly, while another squeezed a toothbrush between the two fingers and rotated it repeatedly. The fingers immediately became lacerated and started bleeding. Under such beastly tortures, Chen Aizhong was eventually disabled in both feet and both hands.

On January 9, 2001, Chen Aizhong was sent back to Huailai County Detention Center, Hebei Province. In the detention center, the guard Dong Yufu tortured him with electric shocks. On September 12, Chen Aizhong was sentenced to three years of forced labor and was secretly sent to No. 6 Division, Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp. The guards in No. 6 Division continued to torture him in order to force him to give up his faith. The guards Wang Yulin, the criminal prisoner Liu Zhonghua, and others took turns brutally beating him, shocking him and tying him up. Chen Aizhong started a hunger strike to protest the persecution.

On the seventh day of the hunger strike, the guard Wang Yulin and some prisoners started force-feeding him. By that time, Chen Aizhong had become very thin and weak. On the third day of the force-feeding, around 3:30 p.m., Chen Aizhong's heart stopped beating during the force-feeding,. No pulse could be detected and his pupils were dilated. There was a witness at the scene who saw what happened. At that time, there were also officers of the forced labor camp and guards from other divisions present.

On September 20, 2001, Chen Aizhong, 33, was killed in Hehuakeng Forced Labor Camp, Tangshan City.

2. Chen Yunchuan, the father, is detained in No. 4 Prison, Shijiazhuang City

On January 1, 2001, when Chen Yunchuan was arrested and detained, he refused to tell his name and address. He was detained for four days in a closed basement, on the third floor under the ground which belongs to a police station in Beijing. The room was only two square meters with concrete floor and walls and with no windows. Because of lack of air circulation and oxygen in the room, he couldn't breathe well. On January 4th, he almost died and was immediately sent to Haidian District Detention Center in Beijing.

In the detention center, the guards continued persecuting him. They instigated several prisoners to strip the elderly man naked. In the cold winter, he was forced to stand in front of a fan that blew the outside cold air on him for more than two hours. At that time, he had been on a hunger strike for five days and had become very very weak. He was shaking in the freezing air and eventually passed out and fell to the ground. Three inmates picked him up and beat him for half an hour. They tried to force him to eat, but he refused, so they then continued to torture him.

Later, he was recognized by police officers from his hometown. On January 9, 2001, Chen Yunchuan, his older son Chen Aizhong and the younger son Chen Aili were sent back to Huailai County Detention Center. They were detained there for seven months. On July 17, 2001, Huailai County Court illegally sentenced Chen Yunchuan to two years in prison. He was sent to the No. 3 Ward, No. 4 Prison, in Shijiazhuang City.

3. The younger daughter Chen Hongping died in the persecution

Photo of Chen Hongping

On the way back from her grandma's home, at the train station of Donghuayuan, Chen Hongping was reported to the police because she told some people "Falun Dafa is good." She was arrested and detained at Donghuayuan Police Station. She suffered brutal beatings. She had a broken leg due to beating and a section of her hair was pulled out. Without any legal procedure, she was sent to Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp. In the labor camp, she was given threats and suffered brutal beatings. Dozens of people took turns trying to brainwash her. Chen Hongping persisted in her belief of Dafa and never compromised no matter where she was, whether she was in the county detention center, local police station or the forced labor camp.

She suffered for one and a half years in the forced labor camp. She was skin and bones and on the brink of death. Her weight dropped from 55 kg (121 lbs) to around 25 kg (55 lbs). On January 29, 2000, the Gaoyang Forced Labor had to send her to a hospital. Her life was in danger and yet the hospital refused to accept her. Fearing having to bear the responsibility for her death, the labor camp immediately sent Chen Hongping back home in the night. They even didn't take time to have her to put on clothes before leaving the hospital. At home, Chen Hongping had high a fever that would not go away. She kept coughing. Her eyes were numb and her heart weak. She was unable to eat. On March 15, she died at the age of 33. Even in her last breaths, she kept telling her family members to persist in their faith.

4. The younger son Chen Aili died due to persecution

Photo of Chen Aili

Chen Aili was detained in No. 7 Team, No. 5 Division, Eastern Tangshan Prison. He suffered inhuman tortures there. To protest the persecution, he started a hunger strike. They tied him to a chair for more than 40 days and inserted a tube into his esophagus. Upon being pulled out, the tube had turned dark in color.

Chen Aili was detained in the prison for two years. When he went back home, his home was almost empty because many things were taken away during the police raid. He lived with his parents. While publicly clarifying the truth, he was once again taken away by the local police.

His father Chen Yunchuan was abducted by the police when he was working in the field. He saw several people and thought they were just passengers. However, they came upon and threw him on the ground. Chen Aili's mother was also taken away when she was doing housework at home.

The three of them were taken to the Shalingzhi Brainwashing Class in Xuanhua twice. Later they had to leave home and become homeless to avoid persecution. Since Chen Aili's health had been severely damaged when he was in prison, he passed away on November 5, 2004.

5. The older daughter is still detained in prison; the mother was forced to become homeless

The older daughter is still detained in prison. The mother's whereabouts are unknown.

Jiang's political hooligan regime calls this the "best period of human rights" in China with "the country ruled by law and virtue." However, this account of the persecution of a peasant family in China tells another story. Simply because they persisted in following "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance", they have been persecuted and made to suffer miserably.