Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Ji Yingping of Jiamusi City Arrested Three Times and Now Being Held in the Women’s Prison of Harbin City

August 11, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Ji Yingping, a Falun Gong practitioner from Jiamusi City, was arrested three times for persisting in practicing Falun Gong. She is now being held in the Women’s Prison of Harbin City. She is emaciated from the abuse that she has suffered.

On October 29, 1999, Ji Yingping was arrested from home for the first time. A local police officer, surnamed Cong from Changsheng Police Station, Dongfeng Branch of Jiamusi Police Department, went to her residence and asked her: "Are you still practicing Falun Gong? If you are, I’ll take you to the police station." Ji Yingping replied: "Falun Gong is wonderful. Why should I stop practicing it? I didn’t do anything wrong. What’s wrong with practicing Falun Gong?" Policeman Cong then forcibly took her to the police station. The police officer at the police station told her: "If you give up the practice, we’ll release you. If you still want to practice Falun Gong, we will send you to the detention center." Ji Yingping was then sent to the detention center because her reply was: "I will continue to practice Falun Gong." Ms. Ji was tortured for 43 days in the detention center. Her family sought to negotiate with Chen Wanyou of the Police Department numerous times. In the end, Ms. Ji’s family turned in 2,000 Yuan to get her released.

Ms. Ji was arrested for a second time on December 12, 2002 when she went to the Shunhelou area to look for a former classmate. Police from the Railway Police Station of Jiamusi City took her away when she was walking down the stairway. Later, she was transferred to Jiamusi Police Department. She was held in Jiamusi Detention Center for more than one month and sentenced to two years of forced labor. Because the results from her physical examination disqualified her from being held in the labor camp, the labor camp refused to accept her and communicated with Chen Wanyou of the Police Department about her case. Chen told them: "Put her here temporarily."

In the labor camp, Ms. Ji suffered severe persecution. She was once handcuffed in the "Carrying a Sword on the Back" position for 30 minutes. The cuffs cut into her flesh. Her hands were as swollen as two steamed buns. She could not raise her arms, nor could she dress herself. It was so agonizing that she could not go to sleep. Due to the torture she suffered in the labor camp, she was unable to walk. The labor camp authorities were afraid to take responsibility for her and sent her to a hospital for examination. She was diagnosed as having a thyroid gland malignant tumor. Even under such a circumstance, the Jiadong Police Station (where her case was handled) demanded her family to turn in money before she could be released. Ms. Ji’s family turned in 2,000 Yuan. On March 26, 2003, Ms. Ji returned home.

Ms. Ji was arrested for the third time on May 19, 2005 when she went to Zhang Qinghua’s home to see him off. When she knocked on the door, the police from Shunhe Police Station of Qianjin District, who had been hiding there, arrested her and took her to a detention center.

After two months of detention, Ms. Ji vomited blood due to the torture. On top of that, she fell ill and was extremely weak. Her family went to the city police department and the city 610 Office to demand her release. It was only after they made the request numerous times that the authorities agreed to take Ji Yingping for a physical examination. The diagnosis showed that Ji Yingping contracted tuberculosis and her tumor had turned malignant. They thus had to process a "waiting to be sentenced" document for Ms. Ji, but Ms. Ji was not released until July 27. Ms. Ji appealed to the Intermediate Court; however, the Intermediate Court kept the original judgment and re-sent Ms. Ji’s case to Qianjin District Court. They requested to transfer her to another prison and have her serve her sentence outside the prison. Judge Wang Li of Qianjin District Court went to find Ms. Ji’s family and told them: "Bring her to our court. She simply needs to sign a document which states that she will be transferred to another prison. Then she is free to go. There is no way I will deceive you." However, Ms. Ji was not allowed to come back after she went to the Qianjin District Court. Without consent from her family, she was directly sent to a detention center and then transferred to the Women’s Prison of Harbin City. When she was sent to the prison, the director refused to accept her. However, the police from the detention center who took her there, in particular a policeman surnamed Cui, insisted that the prison accept her.

Right now Ji Yingping is emaciated and has suffered several severe illnesses, including tuberculosis. Her heart rate is over 100 per minute. She often has high fevers and her thyroid tumor is swelling. Her family members have been to the prison to demand her release many times, but were refused by the prison authorities each time.