1. [Puning City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Ms. Wu Chunmei Became Extremely Weak Due to Torture
Practitioner Ms. Wu Chunmei from Puning City in Guangdong Province was arrested when she was teaching in the Puning City No. 18 Middle School on April 13, 2006. She was illegally held in the Wushi Detention Center of Puning City. Later, she disappeared. According to investigation, Ms. Wu Chunmei was taken to the Foshan Brainwashing Center of Guangdong Province on the same day as her arrest.
Recently, news was sent out that Ms. Wu Chunmei has been on a hunger strike for many days to protest the persecution. Police brutally force-fed her. She has become extremely weak and has been sent to a hospital for emergency treatment.
Funing City No. 18 Middle School: 86-663-2491803, 86-663-2493803
Principal: Chen Ning (male)
2. [Shenyang City, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Chen Liyan's About to Lose Vision, Legs Numb Due to Torture
Practitioner Ms. Chen Liyan, 35, is a college graduate. Because she believes in Falun Gong, she was taken to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in November 1999 and held there for three years. On October 20, 2004, the Yingkou City Police Department, Security Department, and the Jianfeng Police Station colluded with each other to ransack Ms. Chen's home and confiscated all of her belongings. Her family members were later informed by a third party that Ms. Chen was "illegally sentenced" to seven years of imprisonment.
In 2005, Ms. Chen Liyan was taken to the Shenyang City Women's Prison and was forced to be "transformed". Due to torture, she is experiencing severe headaches and has also developed dizziness and epilepsy as soon as she sees many people. She cannot see things clearly and a doctor has said that she is possibly losing her vision. Both legs have lost sensation and she can no longer walk, so she needs two people to support her in order for her to stand up.
Ms. Chen Liyan's husband Mr. Qu Yongshen was sentenced to three years of forced labor in the Fushun Forced Labor Camp.
Chief of the No. 1 Division of the Shenyang City Women's Prison Jiao Shiying (female): 86-24-89296863
3. [Sunwu County, Heilongjiang Province] Practitioner Mr. Wang Dehai Disappeared and Practitioner Ms. Jiang Qiuju Illegally Held
In 2000, practitioner Mr. Wang Dehai from Sunwu County in Heilongjiang Province went to Beijing to appeal and was sentenced to three years of forced labor. During this time, because he was steadfast in practicing Falun Dafa, he was subjected to many types of brutal torture. Later he was released because of he was diagnosed with late stage stomach cancer. After he returned home, because he continued to steadfastly practice Falun Dafa, he greatly improved. Later, because he was clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa, he was arrested for the third time. He went on a hunger strike and walked out of detention with righteous thoughts. About two months ago, the police broke into his home. They claim they have sent him to forced labor again. They gave him three days to appeal. Since then, Mr. Wang Dehai has disappeared.
Practitioner Ms. Jiang Qiuju from Sunwu County in Heilongjiang Province was reported to police when she was distributing truth-clarification materials on May 11, 2006. She was arrested by police from the Yaotun Township Police Station and was held for 15 days. She is currently being held in the County Detention Center. When her family members went to pick her up, they were informed that she was sentenced to two years of forced labor.
Relevant phone numbers:
The Sunwu County Political and Security Office of Heilongjiang Province: 86-456-8441421
The Director's Office: 86-456-8441401
The Deputy Director's Office: 86-456-8441403
The Office of the Chief of the Detention Center: 86-456-8431723
Director of the Sunwu County 610 Office Wang Guoqing (male): 86-456-8422732, 86-13945729868 (Cell), 86-456-8425699 (Home)
Staff Member of the Sunwu County 610 Office Wang Shuangtong (male): 86-13009933897 (Cell), 86-456-8527112, 86-456-8424233
4. [Laiyang City, Shandong Province] Practitioners Including Mr. Liu Yaowu Arrested
Practitioners Mr. Liu Yaowu and his wife, Ms. Li Yumei, and Ms. Zhao Ruixiang from Qingdao City were arrested at their homes between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on July 4, 2006. Master's photo, truth-clarification materials, and relevant equipment were confiscated.
5. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Ms. Zhuang Aiping Held in the Weifang City Detention Center
Practitioner Ms. Zhuang Aiping is a relative of a staff member of Weibei Prison. She was repeatedly arrested and brutally tortured. In Hanting District Detention Center, she was handcuffed onto the "Shackle to Crosses" (1) and the Death Bed for an extended period of time. In 2002, she was sentenced to forced labor and later she walked away with righteous thoughts. In 2003, she was forced to leave home to avoid being arrested.
On February 17, 2006, Ms. Zhuang was reported to police when she was clarifying the truth in the Cangjiang Dormitory Courtyard on Weizhou Road of the Kuiwen District. She was arrested by police from the Kuiwen District Police Department. She has been held in the detention center for two and a half months.
Ms. Zhuang's husband passed away a long time ago. In recent years, she had been taking care of her two young daughters and wandered around under a very difficult financial situation.
Chief of the Criminal Court of the Hanting District Court Xu Naicheng (male): 86-13953611239 (Cell), 86-536-7256323, 86-536-7967739 (Xiaolingtong)
6. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] The Laixi City Court Attempting to Try Four Practitioners Held in the Qingdao City Detention Center
Director of the Laixi City Court of Shandong Province Cheng Xianzhang (male): 86-532-88466168 (Home), 86-13905425066 (Cell)
Chief of the Criminal Court Wang Huanshi (male): 86-532-88477338 (Home), 86-13963929009 (Cell)
Hu Naijie (male): 86-532-88489385 (Home), 86-13706486408 (Cell)
7. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] One Male Falun Dafa Practitioner Arrested
On June 26, 2006, a male practitioner who went to the Weifang City 89 Hospital of Shandong Province to distribute truth-clarification materials was arrested by Security Guards from the Shandong Province Shencai Property Management Limited Company and later was taken away by police from Beiguan Police Station, using the 110 police car. This practitioner is in custody.
8. [Tianjin City] Practitioners Ms. Liu Jiguo and Ms. Li Shuxian Sentenced
Practitioner Ms. Liu Jiguo from Hougang Village, Cuihuangkou Town, Wuqing District of Tianjin City was sentenced to four years of imprisonment because she was writing a truth-clarification statement. (She had been sentenced to two years of forced labor before.) Ms. Liu has been taken to the Tianjin City Prison.
Practitioner Ms. Li Shuxian from Bozhuang Village, Dakoutun Town, Baodi District of Tianjin City, was arrested at her home on February 3, 2006. She was taken to Baodi District Detention Center. Months later she was entenced to four years of imprisonment and is now in the Liqi Township Women's Prison of Tianjin City. Due to torture, she is no longer able to take care of herself. After she was diagnosed with diabetes, police extorted 12,000 yuan from her family and claimed that the money was for the treatment of her disease.
9. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Mr. Yu Zhen Detained and Tortured
Practitioner Mr. Yu Zhen was held in the Dashan Detention Center. She was brutally forced-fed when she went on a hunger strike.
Among those who participated in the torture, is a female drug offender, Zhang Jing. Her home number is 86-532-85072686
10. [Benxi County, Liaoning Province] Practitioner Ms. Chen Wei Arrested
Ms. Chen Wei, 46, is a practitioner from Benxi County in Liaoning Province. She used to work in the laundromat of the Benxi County No. 2 Hospital. On the afternoon of June 19, 2006, she was arrested by the Benxi County Police Department. She is currently being held in the Xiaoshi Detention Center of Benxi County Police Department.
11. [Shanxi Province] Practitioners Including Mr. Zhao Zhaocang and Mr. Guo Baojun Sentenced to Forced Labor
Practitioner Mr. Zhao Zhaocang is from Yangquan City in Shanxi Province. He graduated from the Taiyuan Medical University. In March 2006, when he was clarifying the truth on a bus, he was arrested by a spy and was brutally tortured with "Hanging up with Hands Cuffed behind the Back" (2), electric shock, etc. His home was ransacked. Truth-clarification materials, a computer, printer, and other items were confiscated. Practitioners Mr. Guo Baojun and Mr. Zhao Zhaocang were arrested at the same time. They were taken to the Xindian Forced Labor Camp of Taiyuan City.
12. [Shanghai City] Practitioners Ms. Ji Jinhua and Ms. You Xiuyun Tortured
Practitioner Ms. Ji Jinhua from the Pudong District was making truth-clarification materials and was seen by her husband who called police to come to their home to arrest her. Police also arrested practitioner Ms. You Xiuyun based upon the communication notes in Ms. Ji's cell phone. Both practitioners are possibly being held in the Pudong District Detention Center.
13. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Ms. Fan Xiuying Held in the Jinhua Brainwashing Center of Wuhou District
Practitioner Ms. Fan Xiuying, 68, is from Chengdu City and lived in the Dormitory of the Southwest Nationalities College on Yulinzheng Street in the Wuhou District of Chengdu City. Ms. Fan was arrested on May 23, 2006, when she was distributing truth-clarification materials. On May 24, 2006, her home was ransacked. She is currently being held in the Jinhua Brainwashing Center of the Wuhou District. Police prohibited her from sleeping. Ms. Fan is currently protesting the persecution by going on a hunger strike.
Wuhou District Brainwashing Center: 86-28-85367039 or 86-28-85034039
Director of the Wuhou District 610 Office Gao Mingliang (male): 86-28-85557451 (Office), 86-28-85557453 (Office), 86-28-85534190 (Office), 86-28-85065618 (Home), 86-28-88875675 (Xiaolingtong)
Deputy Director of the Wuhou District 610 Office of Chengdu City Luo Yixiang (male): 86-28-85531041 (Office), 86-28-85061298 (Home), 86-28-88178528 (Xiaolingtong).
Wuhou District 610 Office Staff Member Zhang Yuanmin (male): 86-13183899153 (Cell)
14. [Shanghai City] Practitioner Ms. Xu Hanming Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Xu Hanming, who is about 60 years old, is a retired teacher from the Changning District. On June 12, 2006, she was followed by police when she went out and was arrested by police and agents from the local610 Office when she returned home. Later, her home was also ransacked. When police saw that there was nothing there to be used as "evidence," they then shamelessly claimed to Ms. Xu's family members, "We were protecting her." Ms. Xu Hanming is currently still being held in the Changning Detention Center.
15. [Shanghai City] Practitioner Ms. Gu Jimin Held in the Pudong District Detention Center
When practitioner Ms. Gu Jimin from the Pudong District of Shanghai City went to visit a fellow practitioner, she was arrested by the local police and taken to the Pudong District Detention Center. Later the CCP Secretary of the Yangguang No. 2 Village Residential District, Ding Yuhua (female), broke into Ms. Gu's home through deception and ransacked her home.
16. [Meishan City, Sichuan Province] Supplementary Information on the Arrest of Practitioner Ms. Zhu Qunhua
On the morning of June 26, 2006, practitioner Ms. Zhu Qunhua from Wansheng Town in the Dongpo District of Meishan City, Sichuan Province, was deceived into going to the Administrative Department of the Meishan Hotel. (Ms. Zhu Qunhua used to work as a staff member in the Department of Room Service). Later, Ms. Zhu was arrested by police from the Chengzhong Police Station of the Dongpo District of Meishan City and was taken to the Renshou Brainwashing Center.
Recently, a brainwashing center was set up in Renshou County of Meishan City in Sichuan Province. Many practitioners from Meishan City have already been arrested.
17. [Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Ms. Jiang Bo Arrested and Her Home Ransacked
On the evening of April 5, 2006, practitioner Ms. Jiang Bo from Shenzhen City was arrested and her home was ransacked. She has been held in the Shekou Detention Center for three months. When police ransacked her home,they confiscated computers, printers, and cell phones as well as some Falun Dafa materials and truth-clarification materials. Ms. Jiang Bo's husband was not home and therefore managed to walk away. She is now forced to leave home to avoid being arrested.
18. [Jianyang City, Sichuan Province] Practitioner Ms. Jiang Hongzhen Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Jiang Hongzhen from Hefeng Town was arrested by police from Ziyang City on July 1, 2006, and was directly taken to the Er'equan Brainwashing Center of Yingjie Town of Ziyang City.
19. [Hanyin County, Shaanxi Province] Practitioner Mr. Wu Xinming Arrested
On June 15, 2006, practitioner Mr. Wu Xinming from Hanyin County in Shaanxi Province was reported to police when he was placing a truth-clarification DVD into someone's home and was later arrested by the local 610 Office. Mr. Wu is still being held in the Hanyin County Detention Center. When Mr. Wu's two kids went to visit him, their visit was denied.
Relevant phone numbers:
Magistrate Shao Xiangnong (male): 86-13909150433 (Cell)
CCP County Committee Deputy Secretary Chen Xuwei (male): 86-13309158500 (Cell)
CCP Political and Judicial Committee Deputy Secretary (the former Director of the local 610 Office) Zhang Zhongyin (male) 86-13319157201 (Cell)
CCP Political and Judicial Committee Secretary Zhang Yong (male): 86-13399155933 (Cell)
The Office of the Director of the Police Department: 86-915-5212125
20. [Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province] Practitioner Mr. Wang Hai Arrested
In recent days, practitioner Mr. Wang Hai from Lianxi Middle School of Lianxi Town in the Doumen District of Zhuhai City was arrested because he was distributing truth-clarification materials. Later police ransacked his home and found many truth-clarification materials. His computer was confiscated.
21. [Beijing City] Practitioner Ms. Lu Xueqin Arrested
Practitioner Ms. Lu Xueqin lived on the Second Street of Yang Town in the Shunyi District of Beijing. She was arrested at her home by police from the Shunyi District State Security Division and Yang Town Police Station. She is currently being held in the 610 Office Brainwashing Center and being tortured.
Ms. Lu was detained by the Shunyi District Police Department in 1999 when she went to appeal for Falun Dafa following legal procedures. In 2000, because she was clarifying the truth, she was sentenced to one year of forced labor by the Shunyi District Police Department. She is currently being brutally tortured in the Daxing Forced Labor Camp.
22. [Handan City, Hebei Province ] Practitioner Ms. Su Guorong Dismissed from Her Job
Practitioner Ms. Su Guorong from the Yuxinnan Elementary School of Hanshan District was dismissed by her position and is still unable to go back to work.
Principal of the Yuxinnan Elementary School Ma Huifang (female):
86-13171865688 (Cell), 86-310-7401869 (Office)
23. [Yongchang County, Gansu Province] Supplementary Information on the Recent Arrest of Three Practitioners Including Practitioner Ms. Yan Xiuying
It has been confirmed that three practitioners from Yongchang County were arrested recently. They are:
Ms. Yan Xiuying, about 56, is from Nanba Township of Yongchang County. She was arrested on June 26, 2006, when she was distributing truth-clarification materials at Hexibao Town of Yonchang County.
Mr. Li Yuanji, who was the principal of a Xigou Village elementary school in Shuiyuan Town of Yongchang County; Mr. Li's wife; and practitioner Mr. Li Jinji, a teacher of the Shuiyuan Town Agriculture Middle School, were arrested by Wuwei City Police Department on June 23, 2006. Mr. Li Jinji's home was ransacked. Two computers and other items were confiscated. Mr. Li Yuanji's wife, who is not a practitioner, was illegally interrogated for two days and spent one day at the Yongchang County Police Department before she was released.
Ms. Yan Xiuying, Mr. Li Yuanji, and Mr. Li Jinji are currently being held in the Yongchang County Detention Center. Only some basic personal items were allowed to be sent to them. Family members' visitations have been prohibited.
Relevant phone numbers:
The Office of the CCP Political Committee of Hexibao Town: 86-935-7321426
Deputy Chief of the Hexibao Town Police Station Duan Fuxiang (male): 86-13993585964 (Cell), 86-935-7523589 (Home), 86-935-7329589 (Office)
He Yongfu (male): 86-13519463026 (Cell), 86-935-7523608 (Home), 86-935-7321354 (Office)
The Yongchang County Detention Center: 86-935-7524274
Director of the Yongchang County Police Department Zhu Shengnian (male): 86-13993565688 (Cell), 86-935-7522800 (Home), 86-935-7522670 (Office)
24. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Practitioner Ms. Huang Xiaoying Forcibly Taken to the Jiang'an District Brainwashing Center
It has been confirmed that practitioner Ms. Huang Xiaoying from Wuhan Troupe was secretly arrested at the beginning of July 2006 by spies from the State Security Division. She has been taken to the Jiang'an District Brainwashing Center where she is being tortured.
25. [Wuhu City, Anhui Province] Jinghu District Court to Have an Illegal Trial for Fifteen Practitioners Including Mr. Wang Cuming at 8:00 a.m. on July 11, 2006
26. [Gaomi City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Ms. Li Hongxiang Previously Subjected to Severe Torture Now Sentenced to Forced Labor
Practitioner Ms. Li Hongxiang is from Gaomi City. Because she refused to give up the practice of "Truth-Compassion-Tolerance," she has been suffering from brutal torture such as having to wear heavy shackles and sitting in the Iron Chair in the Gaomi City Detention Center. When she went on a hunger strike, she was brutally force-fed, which caused nose bleeding and finally her entire leg swelled from the heel of her foot all the way to her thigh and she could only limp about. Even so, she was sentenced to two and a half years of forced labor.
27. [Hubei Province] Recent Persecution Cases in Yingcheng City
(1) In April 2006, a practitioner that was doing business was riding a three-wheel cart loaded with goods. He was on his way home. When he was about to cross a bridge, suddenly several unknown young men jumped out from behind several cars parked by the bridge and blocked his way. They then searche his bag.
(2) At the end of May 2006, police from Yingcheng City State Security Division went to a village in Yingcheng City to see the local CCP secretary, claiming that the village needed to hand in 2,000 yuan to send practitioners in the village to the brainwashing center. The village refused to cooperate.
(3) In June 2006, several strangers went to a practitioner's home and asked the practitioner whether he/she would still practice Falun Dafa. Then they took out a form, wrote in information on the practitioner's appearance and asked the practitioner for fingerprints.
(4) Practitioner Mr. Rao Xuming from Yingcheng City was spreading the "Nine Commentaries of the Communist Party" at his work place (the Yingcheng City Police Department of Hubei Province) and was arrested on July 29, 2005. In September 2005, Mr. Rao was taken to the Tangxunhu Brainwashing Center of Hubei Province, where he was tortured for over one month. Mr. Tang was brainwashed in the Brainwashing Center. Since his release he has been held in the No. 1 Detention Center of Yingcheng City.
The person in charge of the persecution of Mr. Rao Xuming was the Deputy Director of the Yingcheng City Police Department, Lu Zhehong: 86-712-3225083 (Home), 86-13907293402 (Cell)
28. [Sichuan Province] Practitioner Ms. Wang Yingxia Arrested
At around 4:00 p.m. on July 3, 2006, practitioner Ms. Wang Yingxia from the Yongxing Electronics Limited Corporation of Sichuan Province was working in the company. Police from the Middle District Police Department of Guangyuan City arrested her. Those involved in the arrest also included police from the Xindu District of Chengdu City.
29. [Dazhu County, Sichuan Province] Three Practitioners Including Ms. Wang Lianyu Arrested by the Local 610 Office
At about 9:00 a.m. on June 25, 2006, the Dazhu County 610 Office of Sichuan Province arrested three practitioners. They were Ms. Wang Lianyu, Ms. Liao Yongbi, and Ms. Gan Zairong. Ms. Gan is in her 70s and was released in the afternoon, while the other two practitioners were taken by the 610 Office staff to Xiqu Police Station and held in the Detoxification Center.
30. [Qidong County, Hunan Province] Current Information on Some Persecuted Practitioners
(1) Mr. Wu Niansheng, 51, is a practitioner from Shitingzi Town, Qidong County in Hunan Province. He was arrested by police at the beginning of March 2006 because he was posting truth-clarification statements and was noted by police. In April, he was sentenced to forced labor. He is currently being held in Xinkapu Forced Labor Camp of Changsha City.
Shitingzi Police Station of Qidong County: 86-734-7860109
Chief of the Police Station Lei Faming (male): 86-734-6253961 (Home), 86-13807471761 (Cell)
(2) Mr. Peng Huayang, 48, is a practitioner from the Qidong County CCP School of Hunan Province. He was illegally arrested by police led by the head of the 610 Office of Qidong County on July 1, 2006, and was held in the detention center. His current whereabouts are unknown.
Qidong County 610 Office: 86-734-6258610
Director Chen Deyuan (male): 86-13908446002 (Cell), 86-734-6253758 (Home)
Deputy Director Sheng Songbai (male): 86-734-6690559 (Xiaolingtong), 86-734-6269537 (Home)
(3) Mr. Kuan Zongyuan, 58, is a practitioner from Buyunqiao Town, Qidong County in Hunan Province. At 9:00 p.m. on July 2, 2006, police broke into Mr. Kuan's home with the excuse of borrowing a bike air pump and arrested Mr. Kuan, who is currently in the Qidong County Detention Center.
Buyunqiao Town Police Station of Qidong County: 86-734-6370027
Chief Chen Yunhua (male): 86-734-6320246 (Home), 86-13707475715 (Cell)
Qidong County Detention Center: 86-734-6288577
Director Lan Jinhua (male): 86-734-6251410 (Home), 86-13707479611 (Cell)
(4) Mr. Zhou Guangquan, 51, is a practitioner from Jinqiao Town, Qidong County in Hunan Province. He was arrested on July 1, 2006, and is currently in the Qidong County Detention Center.
Jinqiao Town Police Station: 86-7347-6320039
Chief Peng Zhigang (male): 86-13789360088 (Cell)
The Qidong County Detention Center: 86-734-6288577
Director Lan Jinghua (male): 86-734-6251410 (Home), 86-13707479611 (Cell)
32. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Practitioner Ms. Gao Peifang Held by Police
At about 3:00 p.m. on July 4, 2006, practitioner Ms. Gao Peifang from the Gaojiaolou Area of the Weicheng District in Weifang City was clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa to people at a construction site near Weizhuang Village, Junbukou Town in the Weicheng District. The chief took her to the Junbukou Town Police Station in a minivan. At about 5:00 p.m., she was sent to the Weiwang City Detention Center, where she is currently being tortured.
Relevant phone numbers:
Chief of the Junbukou Town Police Station Gao Lei (male)
Deputy Chief Hao Hongbin (male): 86-536-8128322
The Weifang City Detention Center: 86-536-8900092, 86-536-8901110
Director Fang Jianyi (male): 86-536-8235022 (Home), 86-13605368329 (Cell)
The CCP City Committee 610 Office: 86-536-8789620
Wang Zhiliang (male): 86-536-8789217, 86-536-8211053, 86-13853610606 (Cell)
Xu Yujun (male): 86-536-8789699, 86-536-8238638, 86-13306363336 (Cell)
33. [Sanhe City, Hebei Province] Practitioner Mr. Du Fucang Arrested at Work
Practitioner Mr. Du Fucang from the Zhonghai Oil Field Yanjiao Base was taken to the Langfang City Detention Center by Langfang City State Security Division Staff on June 29, 2006. He is being subjected to brainwashing torture.
Relevant phone numbers:
The 610 Office: 86-316-2015211 ext. 6162
Chen Bin (male): 86-13832626689 (Cell)
The Office of the Chief of the No. 1 Division of the Police Department: 86-316-2333121, 86-316-2333151
34. [Hubei Province] Practitioner Ms. Wang Xiurong Harassed by Police from Shunzhou City Police Department and Now Forced to Leave Home to Avoid Being Arrested
Police officer Li Jinbo (male) from Shunzhou City Police Department in Hubei Province, Director of the Zengdu District 610 Office Zhong Wen (male), and Chief of the Wanhe Police Station Zhang (male) led a group of nine to break into the home of practitioner Ms. Wang Xiurong, who was a staff member of the Xincheng Health Institute, and also ransacked her home. They confiscated all of the Falun Dafa books and spray-painting equipment. She was also forced to write the so-called Guarantee Statement and "Repentence Statement" to hand in at the police station as well as at her job. They also tried to extort 10,000 yuan from her husband as the fee to bail her out, claiming that otherwise she would be taken to the Wuhan City Brainwashing Center. Later, they went to Ms. Wang Xiurong's home three times in a row to harass people. To avoid persecution, Ms. Wang was forced to leave home and has been moving from place to place ever since.
1) Shackle to Crosses - Police make crosses by nailing together three long planks of wood. Each plank is about eight inches wide. Two of the planks are vertical and one a horizontal. Police handcuff a practitioner's feet and hands to the cross, forcing the body into a T shape. The three planks are not flat, because the horizontal one is placed on the top of the vertical ones. The practitioner's head goes backward, the raised horizontal plank presses against the spine, and the person cannot move at all. The pain is so intense that in a very short period of time, the practitioner often faints. The cross is usually placed on the ground. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/1/12/56478.html
2) Hanging up with Hands Cuffed behind the Back - With both hands cuffed behind the back, both feet off or only toes touching the ground, one is hung onto the basketball support or house beam with the handcuff. Both hands and arms will soon lose sensory perception. In addition, both hands will go dead from lack of blood circulation. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/8/31/51910.html