Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Zhang Quanfu Tortured to Death by Guard Wang Tao at Chaoyanggou Labor Camp

July 20, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) In September I was one of over 60 detained Falun Dafa practitioners transferred to Chaoyanggou Labor Camp in Changchun City, Jilin Province. Nine days later, I was sent to the Second Group of the Sixth Division. The head of that division is Gao Tiecheng (male), and the deputy head is Li Zhongbo (male). Li Zhongbo is very vicious. The policeman of these wards include Wang Tao from the First Group, Li Dong from the Second Group, and Liu Yan from the Third Group.

In November 2003, guards of the Chaoyanggou Labor Camp tortured Falun Dafa practitioners according to the policy of "one hundred days of attacking practitioners who steadfastly cultivate Dafa." Prior to this persecution policy's implementation, practitioner Mr. Zhang Quanfu was tortured terribly and had scabies all over his body due to the inhumane living conditions. He was forced sit for entire days and not allowed to use the bathroom. He weighed less than 30 kg, ate very little and was in critical condition. Despite this, the labor camp guards did not release him. Instead, the torture against him was even more severe, and he was forced to sit on the bench for even longer. It was very common that he was forced to sit from 5:00 a.m. until midnight.

One day, Mr. Zhang Quanfu was asked to go to the supervisor's office. The guard Wang Tao asked him whether he still continued to practice Falun Gong. Mr. Zhang Quanfu said, "I will practice as long as I am alive." The guard Wang Tao took a bottle of boiling water and spilled it onto Mr. Zhang's hands. His hands were burned and developed large blisters.

After that, Mr. Zhang's health became even worse. His hands became infected from the burn wounds. He could not eat or drink anymore. The camp head, Li Zhongbo, said that Mr. Zhang was pretending to be unable to eat and ordered two prisoners to haul him to the dining room every day. Mr. Zhang Quanfu was forced to sit on the bench again the day before he passed away. Finally a guard recognized that Mr. Zhang was in critical condition and sent him to the hospital for emergency treatment. He died that same night.