(Clearwisdom.net) [Note: The following is a shortened version of a longer and more detailed article that appeared on the minghui.ca website (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net).]
Several Falun Dafa practitioners from the Petroleum Chemical Industry's Main Plant of Yueyang City have been repeatedly arrested, sentenced to forced labor and given prison terms since 1999.
1. Ms. Xin Jingwen, a 68-year-old retired staff member of the PCIMP lived at the Resin Factory of PCIMP. She was arrested by the Yunxi District Police Department of Yueyang City on April 28, 2004, for continually clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. She was beaten to death within four days. (Please also refer to http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/5/20/48342p.html, and http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/5/20/48342p.html)
2. Ms. Lu Yali, a 50 year-old retired staff member of the Polyamide Fiber Factory of the PCIMP, lived at the Jinlunxin Village of the Petroleum Chemical Industry's Main Plant in Yueyang City.
In December 2000 Ms. Lu was arbitrarily arrested by officers from the Jinpen Police Department in Yueyang City, and detained at the Yunxi District Detention Center, for planning to go to Beijing to speak out about the truth of Falun Gong. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor in January 2001, and was sent to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province.
In July 2003 Ms. Lu was detained for 100 days for distributing fliers clarifying the truth about Falun Gong.
In March 2004 she was again arrested arbitrarily and held at a detention center. She was severely beaten to the point where her body was covered with bruises.
In 2004 she was also sentenced to three years in prison and is currently being imprisoned at the Women's Prison of Changsha City, Hunan Province.
3. Ms. Su Jingwen, 28, lived at Jinlunxin Village of the PCIMP.
She was sentenced to forced labor in 2001, and was again sentenced to two years of forced labor in March 2004.
Her mother Ms. Su Jinxiang, 56, was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2001.
4. Mr. Zhou Zhenquan is about 65 years old and is a retired worker from the Machine Factory of the PCIMP, and lived in their residential area in Yueyang City. He has repeatedly been arrested and was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2003.
5. Ms. Zeng Qingxiu, 55, was a political instructor for a police department in Yueyang City. She was detained at a detention center for two months.
6. Ms. Li Jingui, 56, is the wife of a PCIMP staff member. She was arrested between April and May 2003 for distributing fliers that clarified the truth about Falun Gong. While detained at Yunxi District Detention Center she was violently beaten with a steel bar by six or seven policemen from Jinpen Police Department. She was injured and suffered from bruised soft tissue all over her body. She could not get out of bed or walk until two weeks later. She was later sentenced to forced labor.