Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Five Older Practitioners Who Died Due to the Persecution in Hubei, Heilongjiang, Shanxi, Shandong, and Anhui Provinces

April 11, 2006 |  


Ms. Liu Fang, 59, lived in the residence of the Agriculture Department, Dingziqiao, Wuchang, Wuhan City, Hubei Province. Her diligent practice of Falun Dafa resulted in all of her previous physical ailments disappearing. Since the Chinese Communist Party started the persecution of Dafa, Ms. Liu was often harassed by the community members and by the vicious people from the 610 Office. She was threatened to give up her belief, and was detained at a brainwashing center called the "Qingling Study Class." On December 28, 2001, Liu Fang was illegally arrested when her home was unlawfully searched by the Zhongnan Street Police Station. On February 23, 2006, her daughter was arrested and forcefully brainwashed at the Tangsun Lake Brainwashing Center, Wuhan City, because of her steadfast practice of Falun Gong. Due to the relentless harassment at her home by the 610 Office, Liu Fang's health deteriorated, and she passed away on March 17, 2006. There was a rumor that Ms. Liu's daughter would be arrested again and sent to the brainwashing center after she attended her mother's funeral.

Mr. Nian Shaotang, 81, lived in Binzhou, Bin County, Heilongjiang Province. He obtained Falun Dafa in 1995 and benefited both physically and mentally. He was able to conduct a small business by riding a tricycle until 2000, when he turned 76. On March 6, 2000, Mr. Nian went to appeal for justice for Falun Gong at the 610 Office of Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province. He was arrested by the 610 Office and police from the Minzhu Police Station. Mr. Nian was detained at the No. 2 Detention Center of Acheng City for half a month, and then transferred to the No. 1 Detention Center for another month. On November 7, 2000, while posting stickers with the words, "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance" outdoors, Mr. Nian was arrested by the Political Security Department and Law Department of the Bin County Police Station, Heilongjiang and officers from the Fendou Police Station at Binzhou Town. He was detained at the No. 2 Detention Center (now Bin County Security Detention Center) for 56 days, which resulted in Mr. Nian becoming paralyzed and developing prostatitis, decline of kidney function, urine incontinence and other serious physical problems. Nian Shaotang passed away on July 1, 2005.

Mr. Zhou Jialiang, 66, was a practitioner in Datong City, Shanxi Province. He was a former employee of the Yantong Electricity Plant. All his diseases disappeared when he started regularly practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. He was a humble and nice gentleman. Since the Chinese Communist Party started the persecution in July 1999, the police often harassed and threatened him at home, which caused the recurrence of his diseases. Mr. Zhou passed away on October 29, 2000.

Mr. Zhang Haode was in his 70s and lived at Dong'erzhuang Village, Ershilipu Street, Kuiwen District, Weifang City, Shandong Province. Before practicing Falun Dafa, he suffered from pain and he was unable to walk. He had accumulated fluid in his knees and had to go to the hospital to drain the fluids out. There was not any medication that could cure the disease. He obtained Falun Dafa in 1998 and the disease disappeared through the practice. The persecution by the evil Party, which started on July 20, 1999, caused Mr. Zhang to lose his good practice environment. He could not practice openly, which caused the recurrence of his old disease. Zhang Haode passed away on January 30, 2006.

Ms. Wu Qingyun, 68, was a medical worker at a food company in Hefei City, Anhui Province. She learned Falun Gong in 1994. She had breast cancer before the practice, and had had surgery. Her health became excellent after she started the practice. Ms. Wu had not taken any medications, nor had she claimed any medical expenses in the past ten years. After the persecution started, Ms. Wu was detained at a brainwashing center by the Hefei 610 Office. During each "sensitive date", holiday, or when special events were held, Ms. Wu Qingyun would be harassed by the 610 Office with various excuses about her going out to appeal. She was also watched every day. One day in mid-October 2005, the State Security Division 610 Office of Luyang District sent two police cars and 6 or 7 police officers to arrest her, but she was not home. She was not at home the second time the plainclothes police officers went to arrest her. The police officers wanted to break into her home through her neighbor's balcony, but were forbidden by her neighbor. Thus, Wu Qingyun had to leave her home and was forced to be homeless in order to avoid arrest and persecution. On January 26, 2006, Ms. Wu's son found his mother dead at her temporary residence.

March 21, 2006