Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Torture and Abuse Suffered by Dafa Practitioner Wang Mingduo Before He Died

March 08, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Wang Mingduo from Cangzhou, Hebei Province was employed in the Cangzhou Branch of the Construction Bank before he was dismissed because of his practice of Falun Dafa. He used to be a strong and healthy person with a kind heart, but he was tortured to death by police officer Liu Kanhua and others within a period of 84 days. His family was shattered.

Wang Mingduo adhered to his belief in Truth-Compassion-Forbearance. Because of this, he was illegally sentenced to three years in prison in 2001. He was incarcerated in the Jidong Prison in Tangshan City, where he was subjected to brutal beatings and was forced to do intensive heavy labor every day. In 2001, police officer Liu Kanhua from the Yunhe Substation, and an individual named Xu Zhao from the Yunhe Court extorted over 10,000 yuan from Wang Mingduo's family, pretending they would help with Mr. Wang's case. Once they got the money, they not only did not lessen their abuse of Mr. Wang, but they also squandered the money.

Wang Mingdao did return to Cangzhou in the second half of 2003. By then, he had lost his job and his wife was also laid off. He did odd jobs to keep his family going, selling books and newspapers, delivering gas and planting trees, and other occasional work. In the second half of 2005, when his family was in an extreme financial difficulties Mr. Wang went to Xu Zhao to ask for his money back. Xu Zhao not only refused to pay back the money, but also came up with trumped-up charges against Wang Mingduo. Xu denied that he had extorted money from the family, and nursed a hatred of Mr. Wang.

On June 20, 2005, agents from the Jindao Police Station in the development zone arrested Wang Mingduo for clarifying the truth to people. He was taken to the No. 1 Detention Center, handcuffed with his hands behind his back and hung up by the handcuffs. They put him in shackles and cruelly force-fed him. The evildoers put a lot of salt in the "food" they force-fed him and made him sleep on the floor every night. The police also incited the inmates to torture Mr. Wang. They sat on his legs and caused him injuries. After 15 days of torture, with strong urgings from family and friends, the police were forced to release Mr. Wang.

After he got home, Wang Mingduo went to see police officer Liu Kanhua in the Yunhe Substation because the police were still withholding his mobile phone, belt and some money. The substation officials said his belongings were at the Jindao Police Station. When Wang Mingduo went to the Jindao Police Station, he was told his belongings were at the substation. Those things were his personal belongings, but the police made all sorts of excuses to refuse to return them to him. To get his things back, Mr. Wang went to see Liu Kanhua again who became very angry with him and threatened, "Watch your back!"

On November 23, 2005, in the evening, Liu Kanhua once again arrested Wang Mingduo. Two days later, on November 25, without due process, Liu Kanhua sent Wang Mingduo to the Kaiping Labor Camp in Tangshan. On the way, Liu fiercely told Wang Mingduo, "Don't expect to get out this time. I just want you to die. I will make you die in the labor camp and you won't even know how you died!"

Wang Mingduo started a hunger strike the day of his arrest in order to protest the illegal detention. He suffered from savage beatings and torture at the labor camp. Two months later, Wang Mingduo was emaciated and was covered with wounds and injuries. He had a lot of fluid in the abdominal cavity and his life was in danger. The labor camp officials then phoned Liu Kanhua many times, urging him to come and pick up Wang Mingduo, but Liu Kanhua refused to discuss the matter. Wang Mingduo's wife also went to ask Liu Kanhua for her husband's release, but still, he stalled.

Kaiping Labor Camp officials did not want to bear the responsibility for Wang Mingduo's death. On January 25, 2006, in freezing weather, they put Wang Mingduo on a truck and sent him home. The trip took almost five hours. Wang Mingduo was not dressed for the weather. They dropped Wang Mingduo off at home and left straight away without saying anything.

People saw that Wang Mingduo was in terrible condition, and his former well-built body had become no more than a skeleton, covered with bruises. He could only lie down and could not eat. His legs, feet and abdomen were badly swollen and he had no control of his bladder. Twenty-three days later, Wang Mingduo died at 8:00 a.m. on February 17, 2006. He was only 44.