Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Persecution-Related Deaths of Twenty-four More Practitioners Verified in February (Photos)

March 26, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Minghui correspondent Li Ming reports: Civil channels in February 2006 have verified the torture deaths of twenty-four Falun Gong practitioners from Mainland China. Since the Chinese Communist Regime under Jiang's directions began persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, a total of 2,838 practitioners have been verified to have been tortured to death.

Among these 24 death cases, eight of them took place in February alone. The victims' ages ranged from 35 to 64. Eleven of the 24 practitioners (46%) were women.

The 24 victims were in ten provinces and cities and are distributed as this: four deaths each in Hebei and Liaoning Provinces; three in Heiloangjiang, Jilin, and Sishuan Provinces each, two in Chongqing City and Shandong Province, and one death in each of these provinces: Guangdong, Henan, and Jiangxi. Some specific examples follow:


These latest death cases once again reveal the CCP's bloodthirsty nature. The CCP used all possible methods in their genocidal persecution of Falun Gong, such as beating, other torture, injections with toxic substances, force-feeding toxins, highly demanding physical labor and so on. Falun Gong practitioners are tortured and even killed in the forced labor camps, detention centers, and brainwashing centers established by the 610 Office, the CCP's special branch for persecuting Falun Gong. In those places, death as a result of torture is not infrequent and happens in considerable numbers. Even when practitioners were tortured to the verge of death, the officials still refused to inform practitioners' families or to send them to a hospital for treatment. They instruct the practitioners' families to come get their loved ones when they have no hope for recovery. Thus most of them died not long after they were taken home.

The Authorities at the Beijiao Prison in Shijiazhuang City Intended to Kill Dafa Practitioner Mr. Yang Xiaojie, Release Him only when He Was Dying

Mr. Yang Xiaojie, 40 years old, had originally worked for the China Youth Daily North Division. He started to practice Falun Dafa in 1995. Mr. Yang lived daily according to the principle of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. His employers awarded him merit recognition for his outstanding work performance. He was intelligent and deft, dutiful to his parents, content to help others, and thus had very good reputation in his neighborhood. He and his family had lived a very happy life.

Yang Yiaojie's picture during his life

Yang Yiaojie and his wife Liu Runling, his daughter Yang Wenjing

After the persecution started, Yang Xiaojie went to Beijing to appeal and to tell the truth about Falun Gong. He was thus illegally locked up by the Xiumen Police Station in Shijiazhuang City, and was dismissed from his job. His family members were monitored for a long time. Even his daughter, only 11 years old at that time, was taken to the police station to be brainwashed.

On September 29, 2000, he and his wife Liu Runling left home to avoid persecution. The police issued an arrest warrant for them. The couple was arrested the evening of September 28, 2001 and suffered tortures such as beating and sitting on a metal chair. On September 9, 2002, they were both illegally sentenced to eleven years in prisons. Yang Xiaojie was held at the No.11 Division at the Beijiao Prison in Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, the former Hebei Province No. 4 Prison. His wife Liu Runling is still locked up in the Hebei Province Women's Prison.

Between September and December in 2003, to force Yang Xiaojie to give up his belief, education division head Wang Guobin ordered criminal Fan Jiangshan to beat and kick Yang Xiaojie, giving him abdominal pain and resulting in two of his teeth being knocked out. Still, the police put him in handcuffs and shackles. By contrast, the criminal Fan Jiangshan was set free ahead of time because of his abuse of a Falun Gong practitioner.

On the evening of June 2, 2004, Yang Xiaojie refused to watch a propaganda video and was detained in solitary confinement. He went on a protest hunger strike. In the morning of June 6, 2004, Wang Guobin tortured him with force-feeding. After they inserted the feeding tube into his throat through his nose, they then claimed that the tube was too thin and switched to a thicker tube and inserted it again. With orders from Wang Guobin, the doctor force-fed him with highly concentrated saline solution all at once. The saline solution quickly filled Yang Xiaojie's nose, mouth and lungs. Mr. Yang suddenly sat up from the great pain and pulled out the tube; otherwise he would have become unconscious from choking.

For three days following the force-feeding, Yang Xiaojie kept coughing, vomiting blood and running a high fever. Later, Yang Xiaojie was paralyzed and bedridden due to back pain. Even though Mr. Yang was extremely thin and weak, the prison authorities repeatedly refused for over a year to let his family visit him. The prison authorities used "refusing to renounce Falun Gong" as the reason to forbid Mr. Yang's family to visit him. They deliberately concealed the condition of his health and denied him release on medical parole. Not until December 28, 2005, when Mr. Yang was dying, did the prison authorities instruct his family to take him home. When his family sent him to the hospital, the first word a doctor said was, "How could you wait so long before bringing him here? It was too late!"

Yang Xiaojie was 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighed around 160 pounds before he was jailed. By the time he was released he was down to around 80 pounds. He was severely malnourished and skeleton-like, and suffered from edema in the chest, had phlegm in his trachea, and had very shallow rapid breath. He would pant several times even to say a few words. He was paralyzed and bedridden, sleeping most of the time, even having difficulty to open his eyes.

Yang Xiaojie's picture showing his lower back and legs being skin and bones because of the persecution

Mr. Yang's parents were both in their 70s. They had been separated from their son for over five years. Yet, shortly after being reunited, it was time to bid farewell. His father kept saying, "It would be great if I could die in his place." Not being able to accept the fact, his mother cried at his body for over seven hours.

When Mr. Yang's life was endangered, his family members applied many times to the women's prison, hoping that Ms. Liu Runling would be allowed to go home to visit her husband. The prison authorities delayed their requests again and again. Even after Mr. Yang died, the persecutors in the female prison still found excuses to obstruct her from seeing her husband. The day before the Chinese New Year they finally dispatched eight policemen to take Ms. Liu to the funeral service for a short time. It was the first time and also the last time for the couples to meet these five years.

Under pressure from Mr. Liu's family members and friends, they allowed Ms. Liu to visit her mother-in-law. Ms. Liu was not allowed to go upstairs, so the old woman who was in trance because of the extreme grief, had to be carried down into the police car to see Ms. Liu. Shortly after, police took Ms. Liu with them, leaving behind her 16-year-old daughter, and Ms. Liu's parents-in-law, who suffered extreme grief. The next day was Chinese New Year's Day.

After Beating Zhang Zhunli to Death, Police Threw Her Out of A Fourth-Floor Window, Trying to Make it Look Like a Suicide

On January 13, 2006, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Zhunli from Shan County, Henan Province, was arrested by agents from the Shan County National Security Team and brutally tortured to death that same day. She was 55 years old. In order to conceal their crimes, the police threw Ms. Zhang out of a fourth-floor window, creating a cover-up to claim that Ms. Zhang committed suicide. They then sent Ms. Zhang's body to the No. 2 Hospital of Shan County for emergency treatment, giving a false impression of being responsible, caring people.

On January 8, 2006, the Shan County National Security Team suddenly conducted illegal searches of about 20 Dafa practitioners' homes in the county, confiscated their personal belongings and arrested them. The morning of January 13, the police broke into Ms. Zhang Zhunli's home, searched her home and took away some Dafa books and Master Li's articles, as well as her children's computers. They then forcibly took Ms. Zhang to the fourth floor of the National Security Building in Shan County. They violently interrogated Ms. Zhang to find out the source of the Dafa books and articles.

Ms. Zhang firmly refused the lawless interrogators' irrational requests. In order to achieve their goal, the police brutally tortured her to death. The security team fabricated the suicide cover-up story and refused to inform Ms. Zhang's family.

The following day when Ms. Zhang Zhunli's family went to the National Security Building to inquire about her, the police claimed that Ms. Zhang had "committed suicide by jumping from the building" and that they had sent her to the hospital. When Ms. Zhang's family rushed to the hospital, all they saw was her body, covered in wounds. Ms. Zhang's family (non-practitioners) was extremely grieved and angry. In order to cover up this case, the National Security Team tried to negotiate with Ms. Zhang's family and wanted to quiet their complaints with a payment of 160,000 Yuan. Ms. Zhang's family angrily refused it.

On January 15, Ms. Zhang's family wore funeral clothes and displayed several banners reading "Be A Good Person, Get Arrested" and "Return My Mother" in the busiest area of Shan County, which attracted people's attention. People inquired about what had happened. In order to cover up their crimes, the Shan County Police Department dispatched more than 60 policemen and arrested all of Ms. Zhang's protesting family members. In addition, they hastily cremated Ms. Zhang's body to destroy the evidence.

It was reported that the police who were personally involved in this incident included Zhang Yahui, Lu Fei and Kang Zhuansen. They were extremely evil.

Wang Xinbo from Shandong Province Was Sent Back Home After Being Injected with Unknown Drugs and Died Soon

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Xinbo from the Zhangdian District, Zibo City, Shandong Province was savagely tortured at the Shandong Province Prison and was injected with three unknown drugs. They sent him home before the 2006 Chinese New Year. Soon after he passed away, on February 10, 2006.

Wang Xinbo was 48 years old and had worked at the Zhangdian District Tobacco Company in Zibo City, Shandong Province. Before he started practicing Dafa in 1997, he was critically ill but became healthy through Fa study and exercises. After July 20, 1999 he went to Beijing many times to appeal for Falun Dafa and clarify the truth, and he did Dafa exercises in front of his home. He was illegally detained and sent to labor camps several times.

On October 15, 2000, the local police ransacked his home, arrested him and took him to a detention center. In 2001 he was sentenced to three years of forced labor for delivering truth clarification materials but was later released on medical parole and was further persecuted. He lived in exile to avoid illegal arrest.

In 2003 he was arrested while making truth clarification materials. The Zhangjiadian District Court in Zibo City sentenced him to 13 years in prison and he was savagely tortured at the Shandong Province Prison.

In October 2005 the brutal captors deprived him of sleep for four days and four nights in order to "reform" him. More than ten abusers took turns beating him. In order to resist the persecution, Wang Xinbo didn't eat or drink for four days. When he lost consciousness and showed signs of whole-body edema, the captors sent him to a police hospital. After the swelling subsided and he had recovered slightly, the hospital gave him three injections of unknown drugs against his will. They sent him home before the 2006 Chinese New Year.

Soon after Wang Xinbo went home, his stomach and legs became extremely swollen and his whole body ached terribly. A hospital diagnosis revealed internal organ damage. Blood drawn from his abdomen was dark purple. He passed away on February 10, 2006.

Being Beat and Force-fed by the police, Li Fengqin from Jilin Province was tortured to death

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Fengqin from Yushu City, Jilin Province was fifty years old. The morning of October 11, 2005, Ms. Li Fengqin was at her friend Ms. Yang Xiuhua's home. Suddenly several State Security agents stormed in, arrested her and took her to the State Security Division Office in the Yushu City Police Department. Policeman Qi Li (male) kicked Ms. Li very hard down to the floor. Then policeman Zhang Deqing (male) pushed her into a police vehicle. On the way to the Yushu City Detention Center, Ms. Li Fengqin felt extreme pain in her chest and stomach area and could barely breathe. Upon arriving at the Detention Center she could not get out of the vehicle by herself. Policeman Chai Wenge dragged her into the detention center with help from another policeman, Zhang Deqing. Ms. Li collapsed on the floor. Prisoners dragged and carried her into a cell.

Ms. Li Fengqin began a hunger strike to protest her illegal detention. On the seventh day of her hunger strike, prison guards dragged her to the clinic to be force-fed. The doctor who conducted the force-feeding has the last name Li. They tied her on a stretcher, forced a tube down through her nose, and fed her some preserved vegetable soup and corn meal with powered milk. The next day when they carried Ms. Li into the clinic room, guard Teng Qingling (female) was assisting. With both hands tied, Ms. Li Fengqin said, "Please do not force-feed me any more. The food will be vomited out later anyway; why bother torturing me?" Teng Qingling replied, "Why would we listen to you?"

During the afternoon of the tenth day of her hunger strike, Ms. Li could not sit up any more. The doctor came to check on her, said nothing, and left. They let her family pick her up around 6:00 p.m. Prisoners carried her out.

Ms. Li Fengqin started vomiting a green liquid upon returning home. Her family sent her to the Yushu City Hospital. The doctor could not feel her pulse or measure her blood pressure; her pupils were dilated, they could not draw any blood from her, nor could they inject a needle into her veins. Her abdomen was bloated. The doctor said she was dying, with late stage intestinal obstruction and that an operation was not feasible. He told her family to prepare for her funeral.

Ms. Li Fengqin lost consciousness later. Her family transferred her to the Second Hospital of Changchun City's Medical University. The doctors there could not measure her blood pressure and tried to revive her for 14 hours. Ms. Li was kept alive with intravenous injections, including human blood protein. She died the afternoon of January 30, 2006, after her family spent at least seventy to eighty thousands yuan on emergency treatment.

Every case is a debt of blood, and each such debt is like a rope that will be used to tie up

the murderers and bring them to justice. Goodness will be rewarded and evildoing will reap its own peril. The principle of the universe is clearly setting parameters for everything. All the debts that Jiang and his group owe from their genocidal persecution of Falun Gong will have to be paid, and that day is drawing closer.