Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

More Details Regarding the Torture Death of 31-year-old Falun Gong Practitioner Chang Shuai

March 02, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Chang Shuai was born on January 22, 1974, and is a native of Changchun City, Jilin Province. For his belief in Falun Gong he had to do hard labor in the Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. During his time in the camp his former illnesses returned, and he was in poor health. In March 2005, the police went to harass him again, which led to the deterioration of his physical condition. He died on March 7, 2005.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Chang Shuai went to Beijing several times to clarify the truth of Falun Gong, and was arrested and imprisoned each time. Police savagely beat him in a Beijing detention center. A scar on his neck seemed be from a burn with a hot piece of metal.

Inside the labor camp, Chang Shuai refused to write the three statements. He held several hunger strikes to protest the persecution. He also protested the torture that the Communist regime ordered through the police against Falun Gong practitioners. One report states how former prison guard Zhao of Division 2 in that labor camp, together with former prison guard Wang Tao from Division 6, frequently beat and kicked practitioners Chang Shuai, Wang Engou, Wang Xiantao, Li Zhiguo, Liu Changpeng and Ma Xiaodong, and also prison inmates. They were especially cruel with Chang Shuai. The vicious hoodlums removed Chang's clothes and used electrical batons to shock him for over thirty minutes. They did not stop until the electric batons ran out of battery power.

In the summer of 2001, the camp held a "Celebration Conference," propagating lies about Falun Gong. The labor camp heads were afraid that Falun Gong practitioners would stand up and expose the lies, hence they talked to the practitioners before the conference. Practitioner Chang Shuai clearly stated that the practitioners could help maintain order at the conference, but would not allow lies and slander against Falun Gong. Guard Wang Tao from Division 1 felt that he lost face before his leaders, so he fiercely berated Chang Shuai. He then dragged Chang inside the washroom and violently beat him. When his hands were tired he used the electric baton to beat Chang. When he was tired out he ordered some inmates to beat Mr. Chang. His wild, violent and inhuman behavior even frightened all of the inmates in the entire division. The abusers used a variety of methods to torture Chang Shuai for the entire afternoon.

After several years of imprisonment, Chang Shuai's health was extremely weakened and he was released on medical parole. Mr. Chang continued to clarify the truth to people, and was arrested several more times. At the last arrest he was already in poor health. Under his family's strong and reasonable arguments, Chang was not forcibly detained this time. He died on May 7, 2005. He was only 31 years old.

February 13, 2006