Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Guards Laugh While Torturing Practitioners

March 01, 2006 |   By a practitioner in Liaoning province

(Clearwisdom.net) I am a Falun Dafa practitioner just released from Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. The guards there have done so much to persecute Dafa and Dafa practitioners. The persecution is so cruel and countless that it is impossible to list it all.

Due to my firm refusal to be brainwashed and "transformed," the police tortured me with electric batons, hanging with cuffs, slapping my face, stretching my limbs, and used all kinds of torture methods on me. Same as many persistent practitioners, I was on a long term hunger strike to resist the persecution. The authorities were unable to achieve their goal.

In December, 2002, after a few months of being on a hunger strike, guard Zhang Chunguang forced me to squat for 10 days, tied and hung me up in his office for two nights. This is called the '"Big Hang 'Up" (handcuff both hands and tied to the heater pipe, with both legs above the ground.). In the corridor, they tied up my waist for a few hours, handcuffed both of my hands on my back, and tied both of my legs in the double lotus position for several hours continuously. As the time period was very long, my bones and muscles became excruciatingly painful - so painful that I screamed out loudly and lost consciousness. Policeman Zhang Chunguang shocked me with an electric baton so severely that my heart was twisting, both of my legs trembled, and I was dizzy. The pain was so bad that it seemed my heart had torn apart, while the police was laughing wholeheartedly.

In the past few years, Masanjia Forced Labor Camp has used all vicious methods to help Jiang's gang to persecute Falun Gong. Not only did they try to destroy Dafa practitioners physically, they have also bullied, threatened, and tortured Dafa practitioners mentally. Every day, they broadcast propaganda about murders, suicide, self-immolation and show all kinds of videos used to frame practitioners. They force practitioners to write self-criticism essays about their "feelings." They require collaborators to persuade steadfast practitioners to change their minds. Some practitioners were persecuted to the point of mental disorder. They have constantly changed methods to persecute Dafa practitioners.

At the end of 2003, guards asked practitioners to practice other types of qigong, such as Taiji, since Falun Gong was not allowed. They would punish those who did not comply. Dafa practitioner Zhang Chunmei insisted on practicing Falun Gong. Because of this, she was tied to a chair and not allowed to sleep. A few people watched her, and on some occasions she was not even allowed to go to the toilet.

In November 2003, I refused to practice Taiji, and policeman Zhang Chunguang did not allow me to sleep for a whole month. More than ten collaborators took turns watching me. They did not let me to close my eyes a bit. I was sent back to the prison cell after my head was spinning and I was vomiting all day long. I lost a lot of hair and weight, my face became very skinny, and my body was extremely weak and fragile.

In December of 2003, policemen from Dailin, Shenyang, Jinzhou and Huludao Cities had formed a "Help and Educate Unit" to start another wave of persecution of Dafa practitioners. They used electric batons, tied up practitioners' feet, slapped faces, hit practitioners' heads with books, forced practitioners to squat motionless for long periods of time, and many other methods of torture. ''Policemen continuously hitting practitioners' heads with books for hours caused many bloody bumps.

The severe torture could not move Dafa practitioners who have righteous thoughts and belief. In 2004, a large number of steadfast Dafa practitioners used the law to protect their own right and interests. They wrote letters to 'expose the corruption of the police to reject the persecution. The guards tried hard to maintain close surveillance over 100 steadfast Dafa practitioners. They did not allow family members to visit practitioners. Under the close surveillance, they forced practitioners sit on small benches (no conversation allowed), fed practitioners with coarse food grain, and locked up practitioners in small cells. The steadfast practitioners' health deteriorated seriously. Many practitioners' blood pressure only had 30 to 40 mmHg, which resulted in constant dizziness. They had to send practitioners to hospitals frequently - each visit cost 200 to 300 yuan (which practitioners were forced to pay for). This is to achieve the goal of persecution.

In order to resist the persecution, many practitioners were on hunger strike to protest. Some practitioners' hunger strikes lasted as long as eight months. Guards did not allow families visit and cheated families for money. Practitioners' families had all paid different amounts - some as high as three thousand yuan. Many practitioners' families did not know what the purpose was for these payments.

Masanjia guards were very cruel when force feeding Dafa practitioners on hunger strikes. They asked police from outside to beat up Dafa practitioners. Some practitioners' mouths were torn, some lost their hearing, many were locked up in small cells, others were forced fed and lost their lives.

On April 7, 2005, more than 20 policemen forced fed Dafa practitioner Li Baojie. Policemen sat on Li Baojie's chest, legs and shoulders, some pressed Li Baojie's head and some pulled his hair. The prison doctor, Cao Yujie, used a large fork to open Li Baojie's mouth, which rendered Li Baojie unable to breath. Li Baojie died of suffocation on April 8, 2005.

The No. 1 Unit Director Li Mingyu and deputy director Xie Chengdong kicked and punched 50-year-old Dafa practitioner Xu Qingyan, whose face was distorted from the punching. All her teeth were loosened, and he could not eat any food. They did not let her use the toilet. As a result, Xu Qingyan suffered from uterine cancer. The beating caused chest pain, and she gasped for breath rapidly. Policemen swore and abused her, and she was not allowed to go home until her life was in danger.

February 10, 2006