Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Li Ping Dies after Enduring Cruel Torture

February 19, 2006 |  

(Clearwsdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Ping, 48, from Dalian City, Liaoning Province, died on November 27, 2005 due to long term persecution by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) (For more information, see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/12/19/68077.html).

In October 2000, Ms. Li Ping was sentenced to 3 years of forced labor after going to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa, and was detained in the Yaojia Detention Center, Dalian City Forced Labor Camp and Masanjia Labor Camp in Shenyang City. In July 2002, Ms. Li was released on medical parole. She was arrested in February 2003 when found clarifying the truth. Ms. Li was detained in the Yaojia Detention Center and Dalian City Forced Labor Camp, and was released on medical parole in August 2003.

After getting out the second time on medical parole, Li Ping was emaciated as a result of suffering cruel torture. The torture she suffered included the following: being hung up (1), being forced to sit on the tiger bench, being shocked with electric batons, being deprived of sleep, being sprayed with cold water in the winter, being covered with three comforters in the summer, being exposed to the elements where swarms of mosquitoes could bite her, having bugs placed on her body, having her hair shaved off, having her pubic hair pulled out, suffering sexual assault, being left inside an apple packing box for several days, having her mouth forced open with a mop handle when she was on hunger strike and thereby knocking out 3 of her teeth, being force-fed and having the feeding tubes left in for an entire week. These tortures caused external and internal bleeding and resulted in terrible injury to her body. During the second term of forced labor, Ms. Li was locked in a metal cage within a small cell and had to lie on the floor.

Starting from September 2005, Ms. Li Ping's body began to fail because of the torture she endured. She was coughing, could not eat, and her weight fell from 120 pounds to 80-90 pounds. She died on November 27, 2005.

(1) There are two forms of this kind of torture: The first involves handcuffing both wrists behind the back and the victim is hung by a rope that is tied to a metal window frame, with only the toes touching the ground. The second variation involves handcuffing one hand of a practitioner to a bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, with the two beds pulled in opposite directions. The victim suffers excruciating pain as the body is pulled. See illustrations at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/11/17/54624.html.