Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Chinese Police: "I'll Shoot Him Dead"

February 16, 2006 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner from Sichuan Province

(Clearwisdom.net) The police in Kai County, Chongqing City, made false cases against Falun Gong even before the unscrupulous Chinese Communist regime, headed by Jiang Zemin, started persecuting Falun Gong on July 20, 1999. Since that time officials from the 610 Office and police in Kai County have conducted illegal mass arrests and been responsible for practitioner detentions, jail sentences, forced labor, and heavy fines. As a result, practitioners either lost their families or became displaced, and their friends, colleagues, and work units also came under pressure.

Mr. Lei Bifu, a Dafa practitioner in Linjiang Town, Kai County, had to leave his home after police illegally searched his house and took away his personal possessions. On January 18, 2006, Mr. Lei's family members went to the police station to ask for their private possessions. Police officer Chen Zhangsong shouted at them, "You still have the guts to come to us for your stuff? We'll go to your house to pick up Lei during the Chinese Lunar New Year. We'll arrest him if he comes back. Don't come here to bother us. If you do it again, we'll take steps against you, too. It's true that I was the leader of the group that went to your house the past few times. As long as I have instructions from my supervisor, I'll carry them out. If Lei dares to come back, I'll shoot him dead." Chen also made some slanderous remarks against Falun Gong by repeating the evil Party's lies.

Mr. Lei had been a businessman before he started practicing Falun Gong. He was stabbed several times due to business frictions and became partially handicapped. He was introduced to Falun Gong in November 1998 and regained his health not long after he started practicing. He was homeless for nearly five years due to constant harassment from the 610 Office after the persecution began.

In June 2001, the Kai County Police arrested a few practitioners and subjected them to torture. After they obtained information through torture, the police went in two cars to Mr. Lei's house for an illegal search and arrest. Without producing any documents or going through any procedures, the fully armed police officers took away Mr. Lei's television set, VCD player, cassette recorder and Dafa books. Before leaving, they pasted two pieces of paper on the door. One said that Mr. Lei was a counter-revolutionary element, and the other told the public that anyone who helped arrest Mr. Lei would be rewarded.

Mr. Lei was lucky enough to have left home earlier but had to live elsewhere thereafter. The authorities still came to Lei's house unannounced several times afterwards. In October 2003, in the wee hours, dozens of Kai County police officers, led by Chen Zhangsong of the Linjiang Town Police Station, surrounded Mr. Lei's house. Before his family members could answer the door, the police had pried it open with a thick iron bar. They threatened that if Lei's family did not tell them where he was, they'd have the right to storm the house anytime they wanted. In December 2004, the police took Lei's wife to the police station and held her for fifteen days.

Mr. Lei's family members went to the police station several times to ask for the possessions taken by the police. The officers, instead of returning the possessions, made insulting remarks about Dafa and Lei's family members, including his 70-year-old mother. The police officers also forced Lei's mother to stand in the cold, wearing only a thin layer of clothing, while they shouted obscene language at her. His wife had to shoulder by herself the task of looking after their aged parents and raising their children.

Hundreds of Falun Gong practitioners in Kai County have been persecuted to varying degrees, and the police harass and intimidate practitioners by breaking into their homes at any time, imposing fines, and keeping them under close watch. Xu Congxing, a 60-year-old Dafa practitioner, was arrested and sentenced to a two-year forced labor term. He was so brutally tortured at Xishanping Forced Labor Camp that he had to be released on medical parole on May 14, 2002. Even so, he was still harassed by police and died on July 19, 2003.

Relevant information:

Police Station in Linjiang Town, Kai County, Zip Code: 405408
Telephone Number: 86-23-52812033
Chief of police: Yuan Bin
Deputy police chief: Tan Fusheng
Officers: Chen Zhangsong, Xiong Bingyou, Liu Xuefeng, Xu Wenzhao, Li Jing, Xu Wenli, Gao Qijia, and Xie Guoshan.

January 29, 2006