Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Incidents of Persecution Conducted by Police Officer Shao Li from Gucheng County, Hebei Province

February 11, 2006 |   By a practitioner in Hebei Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Police officer Shao Li is notorious in Gucheng County and its neighboring counties. He is currently the head of the Political and Security Section in the Gucheng Police Department. During the past six years of persecution of Falun Gong, Shao Li has actively pursued personal gain and recognition through persecuting Falun Gong practitioners, which has caused the breakup of many families and many other tragedies.

Even people in the Gucheng Police Department said, "Shao Li accumulated great wealth through (persecuting) Falun Gong." His monthly wage was average for a police officer, but in the past two years Shao Li purchased two apartments, each one costing over 170,000 yuan. He lives an extravagant lifestyle and has no sense of shame. He has several mistresses who depend on him. For the past six years, Chinese Communist regime despots Jiang Zemin and Luo Gan have used evildoing people like him to subject Falun Gong practitioners to their ruthless persecution.

The following are accounts of the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in Gucheng County.

1. Zhang Guizhi, 54 years old, from Zhouxiaomo Village, Xizhuang Township

On March 27, 2000, Ms. Zhang Guizhi went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. Political and Security Section agents from the Gucheng Police Department illegally arrested her. They slapped her face with their shoe soles and forced her to kneel down for long periods of time. Led by Shao Li, six or seven people searched Zhang Guizhi's home during her detention. They ransacked her home and confiscated tape players, tapes, Dafa books and other personal belongings. On June 23, 2000, Shao Li fabricated a crime, which led Zhang Guizhi to be sentenced to four years in prison. She was detained in the Shijiazhuang Prison.

2. Zhou Guilan, 49 years old, from Wudayuan Village, Zhengkou Town

Agents from the Zhengkou Town Police Station arrested Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhou Guilan at her home and detained her for one day and one night. On December 21, 2000, when Ms. Zhou went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, Shao Li and others arrested her. She was later sentenced to two years of forced labor and detained in Division No. 5 of the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp.

Because Zhou Guilan refused to give up her belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance", she was subjected to electric shocks and beatings until she was covered in bruises and blisters. The perpetrators handcuffed both of her hands to a high metal gate, with her toes barely touching the ground. They would not let her use the toilet, causing great stress on her bowels and bladder. Drug offenders and sex offenders monitored Ms. Zhou; she had to endure beatings and verbal abuse. When she still refused to be "reformed", a police officer with last name of Bai urged the criminals to beat Ms. Zhou until she lost consciousness. When she woke up, the police used thin cord to tie her tightly three times, with her arms behind her back. This caused extreme pain and she screamed continuously. Due to these inhuman tortures, Ms. Zhou's weight dropped from 60 kg (approximately 125 lbs) to 45 kg (approximately 92 lbs) and her blood pressure dropped to between 70 and 60. She was very skinny and close to death. In spite of these outrages, Shao Li had the temerity to extort 3,000 yuan from Ms. Zhou's husband before he released her on bail.

On the evening of February 1, 2001 (Chinese lunar calendar), Shao Li and other police officers again arrested Zhou Guilan and sent her to the Gucheng County brainwashing center. She was handcuffed to metal bars in the freezing weather until foam appeared on her mouth and she lost consciousness due to the cold. The perpetrators had to send her to a hospital. After she regained consciousness, Ms. Zhou demanded to be released. Shao Li ordered his people to extort 6,000 yuan from Ms. Zhou's husband. Her husband finally managed to borrow 5,500 yuan. After receiving the money, Shao Li released Zhou Guilan.

On December 21, 2001, a mere three days after Zhou Guilan's son's marriage, Shao Li brought several people to Ms. Zhou's home to again arrest her without any explanation. Zhou Guilan's family members were threatened, but tried to stop them. There was no way to reason with Shao Li, who was set on arresting Ms. Zhou. Finally, after they extorted another 5,000 yuan from Ms. Zhou's husband, they left her home.

3. Li Suqin, 54 years old; Wang Daliu, 55 years old; Wang Xiuju, 59 years

On the afternoon of April 8, 2004 (Chinese lunar calendar), Shao Li and others went to Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Suqin's home in Santan Village, Zhengkou Town. They arrested not only Li Suqin, but also Wang Daliu and Wang Xiuju and searched and ransacked Ms. Li's home. Later, Li Suqin's family was extorted out of 9,000 yuan.

4. Diao Quisen, 54 years old, Diao Guizhi (51) and Diao Guihua (48), three sisters from Qinghan Town, Gucheng County

In July 2001, Ms. Diao Quisen was detained for over four months and was sent to the county brainwashing center for one month. During this period, Shao Li extorted 4,000 yuan in cash from her and urged his follower Jie Xiangjie to extort another 900 yuan.

Ms. Diao Quizhi was detained for 35 days between October 1999 and 2001. Shao Li extorted 5,000 yuan and 1,000 yuan through his crony Wang Yuhe (now deceased). One evening in the fall of 2001, Shao Li and his people broke into Diao Quizhi's home and arrested her by force. She was beaten and dragged to the police vehicle and sent to the county detention center. Shao Li extorted 1,000 yuan from Ms. Diao's family and spent 850 yuan in restaurants. He urged his people to commit additional extortion: 1,000 yuan through Zhang Wenying; 3,000 yuan through Wang Huizhi and 700 yuan through Zhou Rongchun. The total amount extorted was 12,550 yuan.

Ms. Diao Quihua was arrested one evening in the fall of 2001 and was illegally locked up in the county detention center for one year and seven months. During this period, Shao Li extorted 6,000 yuan in cash from Ms. Diao's family.

5. Ms. Shen Liuhuan, 54 years old

One evening in August 2000, Shao Li and his people broke into Shen Liuhuan's home and arrested her. She was illegally locked up for three months and was released after being extorted out of 9,000 yuan in cash. A few months later, on January 1, 2001, Shao Li and his people again arrested Ms. Shen from her home. She was held in the county detention center for ten months. Her family was forced into paying nearly 20,000 yuan in "gifts" and "fines." On the morning of August 4, 2005, Shao Li and his people broke into Ms. Shen's house again. They confiscated a PC and Dafa books and tried to arrest her. Ms. Shen resisted the illegal arrest. Shao Li called the "110" police [the emergency rescue agency, similar to 911 in the U.S.] and arrested her. He incited police officer Wang Fang to shock Shen Liuhuan with an electric baton. Ms. Shen was covered with injuries from being beaten. This brought on a sudden heart attack, with a blood pressure reading of 200/130, placing Ms. Shen in critical condition.

When Shen Liuhuan's life was in danger in the detention center, Shao Li still didn't let her go. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor and was sent to the notorious Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City. Because the labor camp refused to accept her due to her poor physical condition, Ms. Shen was sent back to the Gucheng Detention Center. Later, Shao Li demanded 11,000 yuan in cash from Ms. Shen's family and only then allowed her to be released on bail for medical treatment. A PC valued at 5,000 yuan was also confiscated and never returned.

6. Wang Tieniu, 60 years, from Zhuwangyi Village, Sanlang Township

Because of appealing in Beijing, Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Tieniu was arrested and sent to the Guocheng Detention Center. Shao Li urged the prisoners to torture him by beating, verbally abusing, kicking his head, pulling his ears, pulling the hairs in his private parts, making him kneel, making him stand up for a long time or forcing him to hold up his arms up for long hours. He was forced to say defamatory things against Dafa and Master Li. Shao Li extorted 3,000 yuan from Mr. Wang's family.

7. Liu Yuanzhen from Luquantun Township, Wucheng County, Shandong Province

On June 3, 2001, Shao Li and his people arrested practitioner Ms. Liu Yuanzhen and took her to the Gucheng Detention Center. During the interrogation, Ms. Liu suffered from brutal beatings by Wang Huizhi, who worked for Shao Li. Shao Li tried to extort money from the family, ordering them to pay 10,000 yuan. Ms. Liu's husband couldn't come up with the money because of the family's financial difficulties. Liu Yuanzhen was detained for over two years. On August 19, 2004, because Ms. Liu clarified the truth, Shao Li and his people arrested her again. They grabbed 500 yuan in cash that Ms. Liu had on her that was to be used to pay back a debt. Later, Ms. Liu's husband came to the police department to ask for the money. Zhang Wenying threatened him, saying that he would be arrested if he came to ask for the money again. Shao Li tried to extort 3,000 yuan from Ms. Liu's husband. Her husband is a plasterer who works on a contract basis. He had to take care of his 70-year-old mother and the family's young children. How could he have extra money? He pleaded with Shao Li, but it was no use. Because Shao Li did not receive any money, he sentenced Liu Yuanzhen to three years of forced labor and sent her to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Baoding City. While in the labor camp, Liu Yuanzhen suffered from such abuse as being forced to stand up straight for long hours, being exposed to the hot sun, electric shocks and the insult of having half of her head shaved. She eventually suffered a mental collapse and stared blankly at her surroundings.

8. Wang Jianping, 35 years old, from Gucheng Town; Wang Xia

On October 29, 1999, Shao Li illegally sentenced Wang Jianping to two years of forced labor for appealing for justice for Falun Gong. Wang Jianping endured brutal tortures in the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. He was hung up with a rope that left many scars on his body, which still visible today.

On October 12, 2005, around 1:00 p.m. Shao Li and his people broke into Wang Jianping's home without any arrest warrant and arrested Mr. Wang and Wang Xia, who were helping around the house. They were brought to the Gucheng Town Police Station and were brutally beaten. Then they were taken to the county police department. When Shao Li interrogated Wang Xia in his office on the second floor, he insulted Wang Xia. She could not tolerate the abuse and in desperation jumped out of the window from the second floor. Ms. Wang was severely injured, sustaining fractures in her left arm, left leg and pelvis. [Note: Falun Dafa principles prohibit committing suicide or injuring oneself. Wang Xia's tragedy, though not in keeping with the principles of Dafa, was caused by the extreme abuse from Shao Li.]

9. Jia Liuxi, 51 years old, from Zhengkou Town

On August 4, 2005, Shao Li and others broke into Dafa practitioner Ms. Jia Liuxi's home and illegally searched it. When they didn't find anything, they arrested Jia Liuxi and took her to the detention center. They illegally detained her there for 40 days. After being extorted out of 5,000 yuan, she was released. To avoid further harassment from Shao Li, the whole family left their home and became homeless.

10. Li Shulin, 33 years old, from Dashangchuang Village, Jianguo Town

Mr. Li Shulin has a business in Zhengkou. Shao Li knew he had money. In July 2005, Shao Li and his people broke into Li Shulin's home and searched it. They arrested him and took him to a detention center, where he was detained illegally for three months. After Li Shulin paid 10,000 yuan in extortion fees, Shao Li released him.

11. Meng Guoai, 38 years old, from Gucheng County

Dafa practitioner Mr. Meng Guoai was the deputy director of the Gucheng Wine Factory. In August 2005, he was deceived into going to the county police department, whereupon he was arrested and later sent to a detention center. Shao Li knew that Mr. Meng was really needed to manage the factory. He threatened to send Meng Guoai to a forced labor camp and extorted tens of thousands of yuan from Mr. Meng's family in exchange for his release.

12. Liu Zenglin, 70 years old

Mr. Liu Zenglin was arrested in the spring of 2004. During his detention he had a stroke brought on by the persecution. Even so, Shao Li still demanded the family to pay him 10,000 yuan in exchange for Mr. Liu's release. Because Liu Zenglin's family was unable to pay the money, Shao Li sentenced Mr. Liu to five years in prison. Liu Zenglin is now detained in the Shijiazhuang Prison and his life is presently in danger.

More than 100 practitioners have for several years been subjected to Shao Li's acts of persecution, extortion, and other unconstitutional acts against his fellow Chinese citizens. According to the partial information we collected, the money this individual has extorted amounts to over 400,000 yuan. He is personally responsible for two of the practitioners being sentenced to prison, and more than 50 were sent to forced labor. More than 1,000 practitioners have been illegally detained or are serving their sentences beyond their terms. Just in 2005 alone, Shao Li arrested 20 practitioners. Because so many family members and friends of practitioners suffered as well, due to implication, it is difficult to estimate the full impact of Shao Li's misdeeds.