Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Zhang Guiqin from Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province Dies in Detention, the Lives of Ms. Qi Dawei and Ms. An Jingtao Are in Danger

December 09, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhang Guiqin from Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province died on December 4, 2006. Two other practitioners, also from Qiqihar City, Ms. Qi Dawei and Ms. An Jingtao are still detained in Hepingchang Hospital. Officials ignore the fact that the practitioners' lives are in danger, and they refuse to release them.

Starting from March 20, 2006, police from the Tiefeng District Department of Qiqihar City have been suddenly storming into Falun Dafa practitioners' homes, and have destroyed truth-clarification materials production centers, and illegally arrested many practitioners. Many practitioners' homes were ransacked, and they were tortured during detention. Police have been hiding in practitioners' homes for long periods of time in order to arrest more practitioners. Tiefeng District Police Department Chief Wu (given name unknown) led this recent round of persecution. Arrested practitioners include Ms. Zhang Guiqin, Ms. Qi Dawei, Ms. An Jingtao, Ms. Zhen Shulan, Ms. Cui Xuemin, Ms. Xu Guirong, Ms. Zhang Jiqiu, Ms. An Chunying, Ms. Chen Yongtao, Ms. Wu Ruifang, Ms. Shen Guirong, Ms. Yang Chunling, Ms. Jia Jie, Ms. Lin Ying, Ms. Yang Jing, Ms. Li Guihua, Ms. Li Shunying, Ms. Shen Zili, Ms. Wang Yan, Ms. Li Qi, Mr. Zhao Wenshan, Mr. Chi Hai, Ms. Pan Meiyu, Mr. Liu Jiming, Mr. Wu Yunlong, Mr. Xing Yanliang, Ms. Wang Xiuzhen, Ms. Zhang Shuqing, and Ms. Zhang Yuying.

Ms. Zhang Guiqin, Ms. Qi Dawei, and several other practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution at the end of October 2006. On November 8, 2006, they were sent to the Hepingchang Hospital. Their blood vessels were blocked, so they could not take intravenous injections or eat. The Chinese Communist Party officials were planning to sentence them to prison and had prepared files and submitted them to Tiefeng District Court Chief Qu (given name unknown). Ms. Zhang Guiqin was in deep unconsciousness, had bowel and bladder incontinence, and difficulty breathing. She was dying but was still guarded day and night, and even had ankle shackles put on during the night. The three guards did not care about her life, and the administration refused to release her even though she was in critical condition. Ms. Zhang Guiqin died around 1:00 a.m. on December 4, 2006 in the Hepingchang Hospital.

Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Qi Dawei and Ms. Zhang Jiqiu were arrested from their apartment, and the police did not even allow them to put on shoes. The police dragged them down from the fifth floor. They were tortured in the Tiefeng District Police Department with the "Big Hang Up" (1) and electric shocks. Police poured water on their bodies, soaked their feet in water, then shocked them with stronger and stronger currents. Ms. Qi Dawei's heart was severely damaged by the electric shock torture. The two practitioners were detained in the Qiqihar First Detention Center.

On March 30, 2006, Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. An Jingtao was arrested when going to a fellow practitioner's house, where police were hiding. The police tortured her in the Tiefeng District Police Department. Her mother, An Chunying, and her younger sister, Chen Yongtao, were also arrested. Ms. An Jingtao is detained in the Qiqihar City First Detention Center where she is on hunger strike and getting very weak. Police from the Longhua Street Station recently requested eight thousand yuan to bail her out.

Shuguang Police Station Head Chu Chun (male), Deputy Head Xu Zhonghe (male), and police officers Sheng Tao, Fan Kai, and Wang Bin participated in torturing Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Shen Zili with the Tiger Bench, electric wires, bamboo boards, metal pipes, etc. The police also tortured her with "Dragged by Five Horses": They handcuffed her wrists behind her back and immobilized her feet separately, then affixed her hands and feet onto two metal pipes at her right and left sides. The police pulled her head toward her legs and tied them together. Then they put the pipes onto two high metal chairs and swung her back and forth. Soon Ms. Shen's hands and feet started bleeding. She suffered severe pain and became unconscious. The police said, "This torture is good! She seems unable to bear it! Let's continue!"

Tiefeng District Police Department
Head Li Zhenqing (male): 86-452-2126304
Deputy Head: 86-452-2124609, 86-452-2125039, 86-452-2126767
Criminal Division: 86-452-2126456
Qiqihar City First Detention Center Head Guo Zhengchuan (male): 86-452-2487733
Shuguang Police Station (under Tiefeng District): 86-452-2511629, Head Chu Chun, Deputy Head Xu Zhonghe, policemen Sheng Tao, Fan Kai, and Wang Bin

(1) Big Hang Up -- There are two forms of this torture: 1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only the toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to a metal window frame; 2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in the opposite directions. It is extremely painful as the body is stretched. See illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/11/17/54624.html