Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Couple Sentenced to Ten Years; Ms. Shi Wei Paralyzed in Liaoning Women’s Prison

December 31, 2006 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Liaoning Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Shi Wei and her husband Mr. Wang Chunbo from Lishifang Village, Tangjiafang Town, Anshan City, Liaoning Province were illegally arrested in early November 2004, and each was sentenced to ten years of imprisonment. Ms. Shi, 39, was brutally tortured at Liaoning Women’s Prison. The torture resulted in the paralysis of her entire body. Fearing repercussions of her grave injuries, she was sent home by prison authorities. Mr. Wang is still detained at Nanshan Prison in Jinzhou. It is said that his legs are partially lame from the torture he sustained.

While this couple lived in destitution for several years to avoid persecution, the police of Lishifang Village harassed their parents. The police would lie in wait for them, follow them, and otherwise monitor them. They even watched when Mr. Wang Chunbo’s father went to get money from the bank. As a result of this kind of menacing interference, the elderly man became ill in anger and passed away due to the harassment. A month later, Ms. Shi Wei’s mother also died from illnesses caused by anxiety. Currently, Ms. Shi is paralyzed in bed, with a 17-year-old child at home and no source of income.

Since Falun Gong began to suffer persecution in 1999, Mr. Wang Chunbo has been persecuted by all levels of personnel of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for appealing in Beijing and clarifying the truth of Falun Gong. The entire family was forced into destitution to avoid persecution.

At 1:00 p.m. on October 7, 2004, police from the Anshan National Protection Unit and Tiexi Sub-bureau broke into their home, arrested the mother and daughter, ransacked the home, and seized a computer, printer, daily necessities, nearly 10,000 yuan in cash, and other personal belongings. They arrested Mr. Wang while he was on his way back home.

Ms. Shi was taken to the Mingyueshan First Detention Center in Anshan City, and Mr. Wang was later arrested and taken to the No. 2 Detention Center. They both held hunger strikes in protest against the CCP's persecution. After three days, Ms. Shi was force-fed while her four limbs were tied up. Two police officers arched her neck back with a towel, inserted a tube down her throat, and force-fed a corn flour paste to her. Ms. Shi vomited blood during the process, and was tortured in this way for two days. Mr. Wang suffered even more brutal persecution. During the force-feeding, the tube broke and stayed gouged inside him for a week.

The couple was sentenced to ten years each. Mr. Wang was sent to Wafangdian Prison in Dalian and was later transferred to Nanshan Prison in Jinzhou.

Six months later, Ms. Shi was taken to Liaoning Province Women’s Prison where she was forced to watch programs that slandered Dafa. When she refused to watch such Party propaganda and sought to explain the truth, she suffered physical torture and verbal assault. Ms. Shi was tied up with wire, while the guards whipped her with a leather belt and wires to coerce admissions of "transformation." When Falun Dafa practitioners refused to comply, the prison authorities would pull off their pants, pull out their pubic hair, and berate them with lewd remarks.

Ms. Shi Wei’s body became partially paralyzed due to the torture and forced hard labor. Because the prison delayed treatment for one month, her whole body became paralyzed and she could not use the toilet by herself. She was examined at major hospitals in Shenyang, where medical doctors stated that her cervical vertebrae had been dislocated. Ms. Shi could not control her hands, but was forced to sign the "Four Statements." The evildoers wrote the statement and compelled her to sign it before sending her home. At that time, she was very emaciated and frail. Her body was completely paralyzed from the neck down, rendering her unable to take care of herself.

Mr. Wang is being detained at Nanshan Prison in Jinzhou, while Ms. Shi is paralyzed in bed without a source of income, much less a means to rehabilitate from her disability. Her family lies in ruins from untimely deaths and separation, all because of the persecution due to their strongly held belief in Falun Dafa

Anshan City of Liaoning Province is not a big place, but the persecution is quite severe. Since 1999, eleven Falun Dafa practitioners have been killed by torture from CCP personnel. Zhou Huisheng, Wang Guoyue, Sun Yuhua, Zhang Li, and Fang Lihong were all beaten to death; Fang Decheng fell to his death from a building; Kou Xiaoping died from force-feeding; Yuan Zhongyu was hung; Zhang Xiaomin suffered a mental collapse and fell to her death from the sixth floor. Mr. Sun Youlin was the husband of practitioner Wu Yuqin. One day he was delivering clothes to his wife in detention when an argument took place between him and Zhang Chengguo, the chief of the political security unit in the Qianshan Sub-bureau. Afterwards, Zhang Chengguo ordered police to beat Mr. Sun to death in broad daylight.

Nearly 1,000 Falun Dafa practitioners in Anshan have been sent into forced labor, a few dozen were illegally sentenced, and now nearly one hundred remain in detention. Ms. Shi Wei’s family is just one case among hundreds of thousands. We call on kind people of the world to pay attention to the deplorable and appalling persecution in China, and ask that everyone resolves to see this inhumanity end.

Relevant phone numbers:
Anshan Tiexi District People's Procuratorate: 86-412-8853125
Lishifang Police Station (residency police station): 86-412-2461356
Police officer Wang Chenglin: 86-412-2912226
No. 1 Detention Center: 86-412-2960506
No. 2 Detention Center: 86-412-2611873
Lishifang Village Residence Committee in Tangjiafang Town: 86-412-2461720