Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Tong Chunshi, 57, from Shenyang City, Liaoning Province Dies Following Torture at the Longshan Forced Labor Camp

December 20, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Tong Chunshi from the Tiexi District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, was illegally arrested in 2001 by officers from the Baiqing Police Station in Sujiatun. She was sentenced to three years of forced labor and held at Longshan Forced Labor Camp. Her abusers held her in a "chill room," shocked her with electric batons, hung her by her handcuffs, deprived her of sleep, and forced her to squat for forty days. The guards also beat and kicked her and made her do slave labor. She suffered a relapse of esophageal cancer in 2004 and could not eat. She went home extremely weak and died on September 5, 2006, at the age of 57.

Tong Chunshi had gone to Beijing to appeal on October 18, 1999. Liaoning police agents arrested and sent her to a custody center. She was later transferred to the Longshan Forced Labor Camp. She did the Falun Gong exercises on the evening of November 15, 1999. The guards hit her, shocked her with electric batons and kicked her chin. One of the female guards sat on a bed and asked, "Will you still practice?" "Yes!" The guard opened the door and made Ms. Tong, clad only in her underwear, stand in the freezing wind for two hours and then squat in the hallway until past midnight. Ms. Tong did the Falun Gong exercises on November 21, 1999. Political head Wang, who was in charge of persecuting Falun Gong, along with another guard, shocked her with two high-voltage electric batons until her face and mouth became swollen, and large blisters appeared on her hands. Two guards continued to shock her face and body with two electric batons the next day, until her face became deformed.

Tong Chunshi was extremely weak after five months of abuse. Authorities from the Longshan Forced Labor Camp feared being responsible for her possible death and released her. She could not eat or drink and she was bedridden. Her family took her to a hospital where she was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. She recovered miraculously within a short time through Fa study and doing the Falun Gong exercises.

She was arrested again on September 17, 2001, by officers from Baiwa Police Station in the Sujiatun District, Shenyang City. She was sentenced to three years of forced labor and again sent to the Longshan Forced Labor Camp. She suffered a relapse of esophageal cancer and was released on medical parole. Because she refused to comply with any of the labor camp authorities' conditions when they granted medical parole, Administration Section Head Jiang Yubo at Longshan, Deputy Head Yang Min of Division 1, and other officials took her back to Longshan on November 6, 2002.

The officials verbally abused her at first. They yanked her hair and slapped her face. They forced her to squat on a piece of tile about 1.1 sq ft and refused to let her sleep for more than 20 days. She was locked in a storage room for two months. Her feet swelled. She could not eat, and she vomited whatever she put in her mouth. After four days without food, "collaborator" Li Zhe followed the guards' orders and tried to force her to write a statement saying that she would be solely responsible for any consequences that arose from her inability to eat. Ms. Tong refused to write it. Someone took her to the division head's office where the guards removed her clothes, threw her on the floor, and beat and kicked her. They grabbed her hand and forced her to submit her fingerprints on a pre-written statement.

After four months of nonstop abuse the guards saw that they could not "reform" her. They gave up and forced her to work upstairs [in isolation] so she could not talk or have contact with anyone else. Two inmates were assigned to monitor her around the clock. Eventually Tong Chunshi could not eat and suffered from constant chest pain. The pain became so severe that she could not sleep for several nights. She suffered from dizziness and shortness of breath, and was skin and bones.

Longshan Forced Labor Camp head Li Fengshi and Administration Section heads Li Shengyuan and Wang Xuetao shocked Falun Gong practitioner Wu Naiying on May 6, 2004. The camp officials took the Falun Gong practitioners to the third floor on May 7. They called Tong Chunshi out, made her stand in the hallway, and handcuffed her to an upper bunk of a double bed in the afternoon. Practitioners Lu Changjing, Fu Yanling, Wang Huan, Fan Hua, and Yang Chunhua were handcuffed to an upper bunk on the east side of the room. The practitioners were hung by their handcuffs at 7:00 a.m. each day when the detainees went to work. They were put down at noon and hung back up in the afternoon when work resumed. They were made to work in the cell at night and stand in the hallway afterwards until late at night when everyone finished work. They were hung up like this until May 16, 2004.

Ms. Tong Chunshi was physically and mentally persecuted for more than two years. She was extremely thin when she went home from the labor camp. She passed away on September 5, 2006.