Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Zhang Yunzhi from Qiqihar City Dies from Brutal Beatings

December 19, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Yunzhi, a 51-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner from Nianzishan, Qiqihar City, Heilongjiang Province, lived in Group Six, Section Sixteen, Yuejin Village. She began to practice Falun Dafa in October 1998 and actively participated in doing things that validated Falun Dafa, including going to Beijing to appeal. Ms. Zhang was illegally arrested five times since 2000. The first four times she was arrested, she was detained in Nianzishan District Detention Center, and each time she walked away from custody with her righteous thoughts and righteous actions. However, the last time she was arrested she was beaten until she nearly died. Her entire body became swollen and her legs oozed fluid as a result of the extreme and merciless beatings. Eventually she died from severe damage to her internal organs, which were injured from the beatings.

At 7:30 a.m. on March 31, 2006, over 100 policemen from the Nianzishan District Department broke into four practitioners' homes simultaneously. Seven practitioners were arrested. Two of the practitioners escaped custody with righteous thoughts and are living in exile. Police confiscated three computers, 2 VCDs, one video machine, and a few Falun Dafa books. Detained practitioners were brutally beaten and the police covered up all evidence of the incident. The practitioners were released only after money was extorted from their family members.

The police specifically targeted Ms. Zhang Yunzhi. Under the orders of Wang Hongxin, deputy director of Yuejin Police Station, a group of officers put a plastic bag over Zhang Yunzhi's head and proceeded to beat her mercilessly. She fainted as a result of the brutal treatment.

Police notified her family to come to the hospital where Ms. Zhang was being held. She was in critical condition at the Cranial Nerve Branch of Hoshan Hospital. When her family arrived and saw her, her limbs were twitching and her mouth was bleeding. She was incontinent and lying in filth. She was unconscious and barely alive. The doctors were shocked by her condition, but they did not prescribe any medication. Her family members were extremely distressed and insisted on taking her home. However, the officers refused to release her even in her terrible condition, stating that they needed authorization from their superiors. They made her family wait until two o'clock in the afternoon before Zhuang Yuenshi was permitted to go home.

Ms. Zhang gradually became conscious. She endured excruciating pain. A few times she vomited blood and there was blood in her urine. Her stomach became increasingly swollen. She could not eat or lie down. Her belly became so swollen that she was difficult to look at. Her head became ever smaller and the rest of her was as thin as a skeleton. Her buttocks festered. The holes in the skin on her legs, often oozed fluid. She was disfigured and needed constant care.

Zhang Yunzhi died at around 4:00 p.m. on October 2, 2006.