Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Retired Geologist Persecuted for Practicing Falun Gong

December 18, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Geng Liang, 67 years old, is retired from the Prospecting Research Institute of China Coal Field Geology Bureau. Since Ms. Geng persisted in practicing Falun Gong and following the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance", she was severely persecuted both physically and mentally.

Around July 23, 1999 (immediately after the persecution of Falun Gong officially began) police from Zhuozhou City Police Department, Hebei Province started to monitor Ms. Geng's activities. This lasted until the middle of August 1999. During this period, she was brought in and interrogated several times, and was forced to declare on a local television broadcast that she would give up the practice of Falun Gong.

Later, Ms. Geng went to Tiananmen Square in Beijing to appeal, but police arrested her. She was detained in Tiananmen Square Police Station and Xie Yubao, a section chief and other policemen from Zhuozhou City Police Department took her back to Zhuozhou City. She and over a dozen other practitioners were detained in two rooms and tortured. The police seemed to enjoy beating up practitioners. They asked practitioners to give up practicing Falun Gong, and if anyone refused, they would beat them. The rooms were filled with the sound of sticks banging and breaking, mixed with practitioners' screaming and policemen's roaring. Many practitioners were injured or paralyzed due to the beating. Practitioner Mr. Dong Hanjie was forced to kneel down on two wooden sticks with sharp edges and was beaten up. Dong's face was black and blue all over, and he was not allowed to eat or drink until midnight.

Later, Ms. Geng and all the other practitioners were detained in the detention centers. On the cold morning (16°F) of December 17, 1999, police tied up Ms. Geng and another practitioner, Ms. Ma Youxia, with hemp rope and hung a black sign that said "criminal suspect" around their necks. They were put on the back of a truck and paraded around the streets. This was recorded and televised on Zhuozhou TV for three consecutive days.

In January 2000, Ms. Geng's company bailed her out. The section chief of the Zhuozhou City Police Department , Xie Yubao, extorted 10,000 yuan from Ms. Geng's company. Ms. Geng's salary for January 2000, which amounted to about 1,700 yuan was not paid.

In the middle of September, 2002, while Ms. Geng was taking care of her 96-year-old father in his home in Jinan City, Shandong Province, policemen Zhang and Yang from Zhuozhou City Police Department, Jiang Hongxue, Security Division Chief of Geology Bureau, Zhao Kerong from

Prospecting Research Institute, Yang Xueling, Security Section Chief of Prospecting Research Institute and Liu Xuerang and his brother, drivers from the Prospecting Research Institute, came to Ms. Geng's father's home and arrested her, and then took her back to Zhuozhou City. She was detained in a special prison set up just for brainwashing Falun Gong practitioners. She suffered from brainwashing and mental torture. She was forced to watch a video that defamed Falun Gong, and to write a letter to denounce Falun Gong.

The brainwashing center was a special prison located in the hotel affiliated with the Mechanical Factory of Geology Bureau. In the room, the bathroom door was removed and a bed sheet was hanging in its place. The hallway was blocked with doors and the room near the exit door was occupied by the police or state security agencies. They monitored the place around the clock. Practitioners were not allowed to go out of their rooms except for meals. The police on duty at night slept with their beds against the door. Two people from Beijing came especially to help set up the brainwashing center. They were meaner than the local policemen. Ms. Geng's work place, Prospecting Research Institute, was forced to cover all the brainwashing expenses, including the expense of the two persons from Beijing, which totaled over 40,000 yuan.

It was reported by related personnel that Xie Yubao from the Zhuozhou City Police Department often came to the Prospecting Research Institute to have meals, extort money and valuable items, which totaled over 10,000 yuan. They also forced the top officials of the Prospecting Research Institute to write guarantee letters to prevent Ms. Geng from appealing, and if they refused to do so, the officials were threatened with fines and the loss of their jobs. They tried to use these means to build up hatred between officials and Falun Gong practitioners, and to turn public opinion against Falun Gong.