Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution of Ms. Han Guirong from Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province

December 14, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) My name is Han Guirong. I'm a Falun Gong practitioner from Daqing City in Heilongjiang Province. I lived in Apt. 703, Unit 1, Building 3, Ymin Residential Area, New Dongfeng Village. I've been homeless and destitute for four years due to the persecution. I'm narrating my experience to expose this evil persecution.

After July 22, 1997, the police from the Tuanjie Road Police Station exerted pressure on my husband to make me renounce Falun Gong and prevent me from validating the Fa. They threatened to withhold my husband's paycheck and confiscate his apartment. Constable Han Shaojie and Police Chief Zhou Xianting had several meetings with my husband. Each time they coerced him into providing "guarantee statements" to try to force me to give up practicing Falun Gong. Due to the evil's pressure and the malicious persecution, my husband deserted Dafa and used divorce as a means to try to frighten me into giving up cultivation. Since I had no job and owned no home, what awaited me after the divorce was homelessness and destitution. At the time, however, I had only one thought: No matter how cruel and malicious the evil is, I must persist and continue cultivation practice and return home following the path of our Teacher.

In December 2000 I went to Beijing to validate the Fa. I unfurled a banner in Tiananmen Square and boldly shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" I was arrested and taken to the police station in Tiananmen, where I was confined in a cage. In Beijing I saw the bravery of Falun Gong practitioners from all over the country solemnly validating the Fa. I was truly inspired by their magnanimity. Their magnificent feats made the evil afraid. Later, 40 of us were sent to Pinggu County Detention Center. None of us revealed our real names or addresses. Once inside the prison we began to protest the detention with hunger strikes. On the sixth day of the hunger strike I was released.

One evening in July 2001, around midnight, Police Director Zhang Baodong, Sun Jie, and other officers from the Tuanjie Road Police Station came in several police vehicles to my home and knocked at my door, demanding to arrest me. I locked the door, but the police shamelessly climbed up to the second story and forced their way into my house through the windows and began ransacking my home and demanding that I go to the local police station. I in turn demanded that they provide evidence and give me a valid reason as to why they were doing this at such a late hour. Police Director Zhang Baodong said that they had come to arrest me. He claimed his verbal orders were legal to make the arrest. I was arrested and taken to the police station. Officer Sun Jie asked me who else I knew and what they'd done. I replied, "I don't know anyone, nor have I done anything wrong." They illegally confined me for 15 days. Later they extended the punishment for another two months. On the 35 day, before the term was over, I was released because of an illness arranged by Master. At the time of my release they stole my copy of Zhuan Falun, my exercise music tape and 150 yuan. Later, when I asked Zhang Baodong about my money, he categorically denied any wrongdoing.

In April 2002 the police at the Tuanjie Road Police Station made several attempts to enter my home and harass me. When they couldn't find me they extended their search to my friends and relatives' homes. Because of this there were conflicts between the officers of the Sanchang Police Station and the Tuanjie Road Police Station. They repeatedly sent spies to watch my home. I was forced to leave. I became homeless and destitute because of this persecution.

When I was relocating, my relatives dared not help me for fear of being implicated. I was helped by other people who arranged everything because I couldn't go in person to do it. When the police realized I wasn't coming back, they began to openly seek my whereabouts. Before I relocated to my new residence, the police sent several spies to keep my house under surveillance for several days. They stole my address and they tapped my phone line. I didn't know about their shameless tactics, and when I returned from my old home, the police secretly followed me. The police attempted to arrest me when I changed vehicles. I asked Master to help me, and with his mercy and protection I was able to get away safely.

Finally the police found my former husband, and through him they managed to get my son's work address. From that day onward my son was afraid. He asked me not to go anywhere and to stay home. He was afraid the police would follow me to his home.

In another incident, I went to another practitioner's home to do some work, and some of the practitioners who came didn't pay attention to safety issues. One of them was followed. This resulted in his losing his position as a lab technician. He was transferred to another more physically demanding position. When this practitioner asked his supervisor why this had happened, he was bluntly told, "It's an order from higher levels. Since everyone knows you practice Falun Gong, the implications are not good."

In September 2005, many practitioners from our area were arrested, the truth clarification materials production center was ransacked, and once again the police broke into my house.