Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Mr. Liu Jianwen of Xinzhou City, Shanxi Province, Dies at 38 as a Result of the Persecution (Photo)

November 17, 2006 |   By a practitioner from Xinzhou City, Shanxi Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Liu Jianwen, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Xinzhou City, Shanxi Province, passed away on October 17, 2006, after being persecuted for many years. He was 38.

Photo: Mr. Liu Jianwen

Mr. Liu Jianwen, from Liujiazhuang Village, Qicun Town, Xinfu District, Xinzhou City, Shanxi Province, was an employee of the Xinzhou City Engineering Corp. in Shanxi Province. He was very sickly as a child. After beginning to practice Falun Dafa in 1996, he experienced major physical and mental changes. In particular, he was free of all his physical ailments.

The Chinese Communist Party began to persecute Falun Dafa on July 20 1999. In December of the same year Mr. Liu went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. He was arrested and sentenced by Xinfu District police to one-and-a-half years of forced labor. He endured hard labor while at the Taiyuan City Xindian Men's Forced Labor Camp, which damaged his health severely. He gained his release in 2001.

In 2001, when the CCP was still at its worst in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners, Mr. Liu Jianwen bought a copier from money earmarked toward his wedding. He printed many truth clarifying materials.

In October 2001, 10 days after his wedding, Mr. Liu was arrested again by Xinfu District police officers Wang Limin, Ma Aiwen, and others. He was sentenced to two years of forced labor. He was detained a second time at the Taiyuan City Xindian Men's Forced Labor Camp.

In the summer of 2002, Mr. Liu's health deteriorated due to his treatment in the labor camp. He was unable to eat for several days. He was skin and bones and suffered severe anemia, but staff at the forced labor camp refused to release him.

In summer of 2003, Mr. Liu suffered again the same symptoms. This time medical personnel at the police hospital diagnosed a serious problem with his blood and indicated that his life was in danger. Staff at the forced labor camp had to release him two weeks before the end of his term.

After being released, Mr. Liu did not recover and his legs felt numb all the time. In late 2006 his condition worsened, and he died on October 17, 2006.