Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Information about Four Practitioners Who Died as a Result of the Persecution

October 09, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Zhenying, in her fifties, lived in the first group of the 31st Neighborhood Administration, Dongshan District, Hegang City, Heilongjiang Province. All of her illnesses were cured after practicing Falun Dafa. She was illegally arrested on April 22, 2002 from her home by policemen from Gongren Village Station, and was detained in Hegang City Detention Center. She was sentenced to three years of forced labor at Xigemu Labor Camp in Jiamusi City. Ms. Liu's illnesses recurred due to the torture she suffered, and she was released in August 2003. She died in November 2003.

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Lanying, 60, lived in Yunmeng County, Hubei Province. She had many diseases before she practiced Falun Dafa. Since she began practicing Falun Dafa in 1996, she was restored to perfect health. In July 2000, Ms. Liu Lanying was arrested by policemen from Chengguan Station, and was detained in Yunmeng County Detention Center, where she was brutally tortured. After several days on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, she became very weak and her physical and mental health were severely damaged. Ms. Liu was very sick after being released, and could not take care of herself. Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials still came to her home to harass her. She died on April 30, 2001.

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wang Zuiliang, 69, lived in Fuguanzhuang Township, Yishui County, Shandong Province. He had been threatened, and was living under a lot of pressure the past several years due to the CCP persecution of Falun Gong. On July 20, 1999, the Township CCP committee sent people to ransack his home, and forced him to write a guarantee statement to quit practicing. Ever since then, the CCP officials continuously went to his home or called him on the phone to harass him. Mr. Wang was detained in the Township Office compound for seven days around July 20, 2001. At the end of September 2005, he was cornered on the street by CCP officials, and they forced him to write a guarantee statement again. Ever since then, his physical condition worsened, and he died on April 7, 2006.

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Gu Bengen, 59, was an employee of the Linpan Oil Field located in Linyi County, Shandong Province. He used to have an infection in his esophagus, an ulcer, and enteritis, among other ailments. After cultivating Falun Dafa at the end of 1996, he quickly recovered from all of his illnesses. Mr. Gu was detained for seven days after July 20, 1999, and detained one month in October 2000 by CCP officials with the excuse of "preventing him from going to Beijing to appeal." Later, he was forcibly taken to a brainwashing center for five months. During this five-month period, Mr. Gu's salary and bonus were withheld for six months, and the CCP officials extorted 30,000 yuan from him. He was constantly harassed by CCP officials. They either went to his home or called him on the phone, which severely interfered with his studying the Fa and doing the Falun Gong exercises. As a result of the relentless persecution, Gu Bengen died on September 1, 2006.