Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Persecution of Dafa Practitioners in Suizhou City, Hubei Province

October 25, 2006 |  


Dafa Practitioners are Being Illegally Detained

Mr. Gong Huatao, 29, was a teacher at the Wenfeng Middle School in the Zengdu District, Suizhou City. He went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth in 1999. He was arrested and taken to the No. 1 Detention Center where he was savagely beaten. He was again arrested along with his wife Wang Li at a Dafa materials production site on April 4, 2002 and detained at Anlu. The couple was later sentenced to eight years in prison and they are now held at the Wuhan Prison.

Ms. Wang Li is in her 20s and comes from Lishan Town, Suizhou City. She was detained at the No. 2 Detention Center in March for more than a month. She was arrested along with her husband Gong Huatao on April 4, 2002, and they were sentenced to seven years in prison. They are now held at Wuhan Prison.

Mr. Ge Xinshan is in his 50s and worked at Suizhou City Cotton Factory. He was held at the No. 1 Detention Center and the No. 2 Detention Center many times in March 2000, and in 2001 and 2002. He was arrested again by local police in November 2004 and was sentenced to two years of forced labor. He is currently being held at the Shayang Labor Camp.

Ms. Li Fengai is in her 50s. She was arrested and detained many times by Suizhou City 610 Office agents in March and July of 2000, and in October 2002. Her husband divorced her after the first detention. Her father, who was in his 70s, passed away after living under tremendous pressure. The Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) slanderous film was being shown in movie theaters throughout the country. She went to a local theater to send forth righteous thoughts but the police arrested her. She was sentenced to three years of forced labor and is being held at the Shayang Forced Labor Camp.

Ms. Wei Xiaoping, 36, lives in the Zengdu District. Suizhou local 610 Office agents sent her to the No. 2 Detention Center in 1999 and again in 2000. The same agents arrested her in the street in May 2001 and detained her at No. 1 Detention Center for more than six months. They again sent her to the No. 1 Detention Center in October 2002 and later transferred her to a brainwashing class at the No. 2 Detention Center. The 610 Office agents coerced her husband's employers to pay a 2,000 yuan "brainwashing fee."

A group of Dafa practitioners soon went on a hunger strike and refused to cooperate with the perpetrators, but they weren't released until after the Sixteenth Party Congress. More than ten practitioners were sent to the brainwashing class. Following their release, the 610 Office agents arrested several of them and sent them to the Shayang Forced Labor Camp and to the Dengken Forced Labor Reeducation Farm.

Wei Xiaoping left her four-year-old daughter and went into exile to avoid arrest. She was arrested in another city in 2005 and was sentenced to three years of forced labor. She is now being held in Wuhan City.

Dafa Practitioners Who Died Under the Persecution

Ms. Qian Jingjing, 18, lived at Suizhou City Bus Factory. She and her mother went to Beijing on July 20, 1999 to clarify the truth but were brought back to Suizhou City. She was arrested again in Xiangfan City, Hubei Province on April 7, 2004. She was handcuffed and shackled and also given injections. On December 2004, her lower limbs began swelling. She passed away a year later, in December 2005.

Ms. Chu Zhongping, 40, lived in Suizhou City. She started practicing Dafa in 1995. She was arrested at a park on July 22, 1999, after she appealed at the provincial government. Six police officers from Wuhan City beat her throughout the night. She was later transferred to the No. 2 Detention Center. Ms. Chu was again arrested in April 2001 when clarifying the truth in Shuanghe Town, Yunyang, Suizhou City. She was transferred this time to the No. 1 Detention Center the next day. The persecutors eventually sentenced her to 18 months of forced labor. Ms. Chu was sent to the Shayang Forced Labor Camp. She was extremely weak and as a result was transferred back to the No. 2 Detention Center in Suizhou City where she was detained for eight months. After her release, officers from the Yunyang Police Station typically arrested her on holidays. She passed away on August 30, 2003.

Mr. Li Changjun was born in 1968 and had lived in Suizhou City. He was expelled from his work by Wuhan City Local Tax Bureau officials for persisting in Dafa practice. After July 1999, he was arrested and detained in many places including Beijing, Suizhou, and Wuhan. He was arrested in Wuhan with certain other Dafa practitioners on May 16, 2001, when making truth clarification materials. Mr. Li was held at a police station in Wuhan where he was barbarically tortured. He held a hunger strike to protest the mistreatment. Li Changjun died on the evening of June 27, 2001, after more than forty days of savage torture. When viewing his body, his family noticed his emaciated appearance and that his face and neck were black and blue, his teeth were loosen and his face was disfigured. The flesh on his back looked as if it had been cooked in boiling water.

Ms. Wu Mingfang was in her 30s when she died. Police arrested her when she was hanging Dafa banners in a street in May 2002. She was detained at the No. 2 Detention Center. She protested the persecution with a hunger strike and was released fifteen days later. She never fully recovered and died after one month. She left behind a ten-year-old daughter.

Mr. Liang Haifeng was in his 60s and had lived in Wanhe Town, Suizhou City. He was reported when doing the exercises at home. Officers from the Wanhe Town Police Station ransacked his home and took all of his Dafa books and private belongings. They detained him for a few days and threatened him, ordering him to stop practicing Dafa. He passed away in February 2003.

Ms. Hu Fuying, 72, came from Yingcheng City, Hubei Province. She had lived at a residential compound affiliated with the Suizhou City Farm Machinery Management Bureau in Hubei Province. She began practicing Dafa in1995 and had gone to Beijing to appeal for Dafa in December 2000. She was arrested and taken to the Chaoyang Branch of the Beijing Police Department from where she was soon released. Local police arrested her son and daughter in 2001, which traumatized her. In this case, the corrupt officials at the Yingcheng Police Department connived with lawless officers at the Xicheng Police Station in Suizhou City. They went to her home to harass her. She could no longer live in peace. Local police again arrested her youngest son in December 2001 when he clarified the truth of Falun Dafa. He is being detained in the Shayang Labor Camp to this day. When Ms. Hu heard this, she went to the Yingcheng Police Department to urge the police to release her son. At that time, because Ms. Hu suffered from extreme psychological pain and absentmindedness, she was hit by a three-wheeled cart in Yingcheng City. After returning home following the 2001 incident she passed away in July 2003.

Ms. Yuan Anhua, 54, lived in the rear living area of Tieshu Group, Suizhou City. She started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. By following the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance, both her body and mind benefited significantly from the practice. When the persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, along with other practitioners, Ms. Yuan had planned to go to Beijing to peacefully appeal. On her way to Beijing police intercepted her and took her back to Suizhou City and detained her in the Baiyunshan Detention Center. She was then taken back by security personnel from her employer. In June 2001, she again peacefully appealed for Falun Dafa in Beijing. She has participated in validating Dafa continuously since then. Suffering from on-going psychological pressure, she passed away on August 29, 2003.

Ms. Shang Chuancui, 49, was a former spouse of an employee of the Tieshu Group, Suizhou City. After she started practicing Falun Gong in late 1995 she had effortlessly recovered from all her ailments. After the Jiang regime started persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners across China, along with others, Ms. Shang planned to go to Beijing to peacefully appeal for Falun Dafa. Local police detained her on her way to the Wuhan Railway Station. The head of the Xicheng Police Station in Suizhou City, surnamed Zhang, and persons from the security team at the Tieshu Group took her away again. She was detained in the Suizhou Second Detention Center for ten weeks. Following her release she was continuously harassed by local corrupt officials in her own home. Having been traumatized from the on-going psychological pressure, she passed away in January 2005.

Ms. Xu Baodi, 65, was a retiree of the Tieshu Group, Suizhou City. She started Falun Gong practice in January 1996. Following that, she recovered from all her illnesses and felt very good. After the persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, her old ailments frequently reappeared. She attributed that to the fact that the normal cultivation environment for Falun Dafa practitioners to practice and study the Fa together was disrupted and she stopped practicing. In 2001, with the help of other practitioners, she resumed practicing Falun Dafa, and soon after that recovered rapidly again. On March 8, 2002, while Ms. Xu was studying the Fa and practicing the exercises in a practitioner's home, people reported them to the police. Along with other police, the head of Xicheng Police Station surnamed Zhang took her to the Suizhou Second Detention Center, where she was detained for a week. Because her family members were scared, they tried to keep her from practicing Falun Gong. She passed away on December 28, 2002.

Ms. Wu Guangying, 59, was a Falun Dafa practitioner in Suizhou City. She started practicing Falun Gong in May 1999. Prior to Falun Gong practice she had suffered from high blood pressure, and her hands were sensitive to cold water. After she began Falun Gong practice she recovered rapidly from her ailments. When the persecution began in July 1999, she had practiced Falun Gong for only two months but stopped practicing since the normal cultivation environment for Falun Dafa practitioners, to practice and study the Fa together, was disrupted. With other practitioners' help she resumed practicing Falun Gong. Under continued pressure from the CCP's terror, she passed away.

Two Dafa Practitioners Who Disappeared or Became Homeless to Avoid Persecution

Ms. Ma Caizao, around 50 years old, was from Xihe Town, Suizhou City. She was arrested after going to Beijing to validate Dafa after July 20, 1999. The details require further investigation.

Ms. Li Yun, 24, came from Guayuan in the southern suburb of Suizhou City. Li Yun went to Beijing to validate Dafa on July 20, 1999. She was taken back to Suizhou City, where she was detained twice for fifteen days each time. Authorities from the Nanjiao Police Station in Suizhou City ordered Ai Xiaohong, a local team head, to contact Li Yun's employers, who fired her for practicing Falun Gong and also detained her for fifteen days. She was arrested many times by 610 Office agents and the police. She left home to avoid further persecution.

Dafa Practitioners Who Have Been Sentenced to Prison and Forced Labor

Dafa practitioners who have been sentenced to forced labor: Mr. Kang Gang, Mr. Ke Yugang, Mr. Jiang Zhiyong, Mr. Wang Cunhua, Ms. Shao Huaqiang, Ms. Sun Guizhi, Wei Wei, Ms. Zhang Guihua, Ms. He Zhuojun, Mr. Chen Wenqing, Mr. Leng Shunchang, Mr. Liu Hongpin, Mr. Cao Congqing, Ms. Luo Hongzhen, Ms. Ao Min, Ms. Tang Yuhua, Ms. Feng Yanfang, Ms. Zhang Dingfeng, Ms. Hu Zhenying, Ms. Wang Ying, Ms. Tan Jie, Ms. Fang Wenjuan, Mr. Fang Jiulin, Mr. Yang Guozhu, Ms. Feng Yanfang, Ms. Zhang Dingfeng, Ms. Wang Tianchun, Li Meng, Ms. Li Chune, Ms. Xu Yanhua, Wang Jiangang, Ms. Cao Min, Ms. Jiang Mingming, Mr. He Jianguo, Mr. Liang Shoulong, Ms. Qin Shuhui, Ms. Zhao Xingli, Mr. Cao Chong, Mr. Wang Bensheng, Ms. Dong Fenghua, Ms. Peng Huayun, Ms. Jiang Tianrong, Ms. Wang Lingqin, Ms. Qiu Lilan, and Ms. Zou Jingling. One woman practitioner from Hongshan Town was arrested in another city and sentenced to eighteen months of forced labor. Forty nine Dafa practitioners were sent to labor camps. The camp authorities refused to accept nine of them.

Dafa practitioners who were once detained: Ms. Xu Liqun, Ms. Liu Defang, Ms. Qi Qingzhi, Ms. Xie Yun, Ms. Li Ying, Ms. Liang Wenying, Ms. Wu Huamin, Ms. Jiang Shouqin, Ms. Jiang Fanrong, Ms. Sun Guirong, Ms. Jiang Tianlan, Ms. Ma Furong, Ms. He Daoqin, Ms. Fang Guilan, Ms. Yu Guanglan, Ms. Li Renying, Ms. Li Yun, Ms. Xu Guofang, Ms. Wei Kexiu, Ms. Liao Zhiwei, Ms. Wei Sumin, Ms. Tang Qingzhi, Ms. Peng Hualan, Ms. Yao Xiuying, Ms. Xiao Rong, Ms. Shi Juqing, Cheng Xin, Cheng Ping, Ms. Zhang Yanli, Ms. Hu Yufang, Ms. Deng Keying, Ms. Bao Deju, Mr. Bao Deqiang, Ms. Chen Yangqing, Ms. Hu Dingwen, Ms. Zhou Shouying, Ms. Wang Zhengfang, Ms. Jiang Danming, Mr. Mu Xianjun, Ms. Long Zeqing, Ms. Long Zezhen, Qian Zongxiao, Mr. Wang Yunhe, Mr. Peng Guangfu, Ms. Wu Xurong, Ms. Zhang Qingyun, Ms. Xing Guanghui, Ms. Li Yaling, Ms. Fang Shihua, Ms. Li Wenying, Ms. Yang Zhengfang, Jin Congyou, Fang Guozhong, Ms. Hu Kunxiu, Ms. Shi Yanhua, Cheng Zhongping, Ms. Chen Wenqing, Ms. Lu Zihou, Mr. Zhang Huiquan, Ms. Chen Shanglan, Ms. Yang Bujun, Sun Guangcun, Ms. Qian Jinrong, Ms. Jiang Xuexiu, Ms. Zhang Hanping, Ms. Shen Yongxiang, Ms. Kang Hongzhen, Ms. Mei Shiying, Ms. Zhang Jialan, Ms. Yang Hefeng, Ms. Chen Shihua, Ms. Wu Changyu, Ms. Cui Min, Chen Fahai, Ms. Yu Ping, Li Hanyun, He Yixue, Ms. He Xiuli, Ms. Tang Chunqing, Cheng Guoping, Ms. Zhu Zongying, Ms. Zhu Yuying, Ms. Shao Yuling, Ms. Liu Qizhen, Mr. Xu Guanghe, Ms. Kun Xiao, Ms. Wu Chaorong, Ms. Sun Xiaohong, and Ms. Gong, who works for the railroad department. A total of eighty nine practitioners have been illegally detained. Most of them were extorted of money that added up to hundreds of thousands of yuan.

Dafa practitioners who were forced into divorce: He Jianguo, Ke Yugang, Qiu Lilan, He Zhuojun, Li Fengai, Leng Juqing, Kang Hongzhen and Ao Min.

Main Officials Wwho Persecute Dafa Practitioners in Suizhou City:

Lui Jusheng, head of the Suizhou City Police Department: 86-722-3264816 (Home), 3592299 (Office), 86-13986430666 (Cell), 86-13339895666 (Cell)

Wang Ling, head of the Suizhou City 610 Office: 86-722-3062299 (Office), 3329689 (Home), 86-13908669879 (Cell)

Zhong Wen, head of the Zengdu District 610 Office in Suizhou City: 86-722-3062684 (Office), 86-722-3241005 (Home), 86-13872896219 (Cell)

Zhou Jianguo: member of the 610 Office

Ao Yanan: member of the 610 Office

Li Jinbo: male, member of the Suizhou City National Security Bureau. He, with Wang Ling and Zhong Wen from the 610 Office arrest and detain Dafa practitioners.

Sun Cuiyun: female, member of the Suizhou City National Security Bureau. She has been participating in the persecution behind the scene after July 20, 1999. She earned an "award" for her "efforts," and was awarded the title "One of the Ten Best Civil Police Officers in Suizhou City." She is now monitoring the Internet and puts Dafa practitioners' names and other personal data online, to persecute them.

He Anmin received retribution in the form of a nervous breakdown.

He Anren, Liu Guoliang, Liu Guoqing, and Jie Yunzhi are all members of the Suizhou City National Security Bureau. They assisted the 610 Office agents in the persecution of Dafa practitioners after July 20, 1999.

Han Qihong and Yang Changjun participated in the persecution. Agents in five police stations are from the following locations: Dongcheng Police Station, Xicheng Police Station, Beijiao Police Station, and Xincheng Police Station. They also took part in the persecution.