Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Mr. Xu Yibao, 43, Dies as a Result of Abuse

October 20, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On October 6, 2006, Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Xu Yibao, 43, from Dongguan Village, Zhuolu Town, Zhuolu County, Hebei Province died as a result of the abuse he received during the persecution.

Mr. Xu Yibao was arrested eight times and detained by the Chinese Communist Party because he practices Falun Gong. His home was ransacked, and he had money extorted twice, totaling 2,000 yuan. Mr. Xu was last sentenced to five years in prison, and was cruelly tortured at the Seventh Ward of North Suburban Prison of Shijiazhuang City. He was released on August 1, 2006 when his term ended, but died on October 6, 2006.

Mr. Xu Yibao, born in 1963, lived in Ongguan Village, Zhuolu Town, Zhuolu County, Hebei Province. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 1995. After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, he tried to be a good person by following Truth-Compassion-Forbearance, and he endured numerous hardships for speaking out for Falun Dafa. Below is Xu Yibao's unfinished personal account that he wrote before he passed away.

On March 4, 2000, I went to our group practice site to do the Falun Gong exercises with several fellow practitioners, and was arrested by State Security agents ("610 Officer" agents) from the Zhuolu County Police Department. We were sent to the detention center, and several of us were immediately detained. Several other practitioners and I were sent to the Xiguan Village Government Office. I was later released after police officer Wang Jianmin extorted 500 yuan.

On March 9, 2000, I was illegally arrested again from home by State Security agents Zhou Xiao and Ma Jianjun (both male). Upon arriving at the County Police Department, policeman Dong Fei (male) along with the other two agents arrested, cursed and beat me. They sent me to a detention center in the afternoon, and detained me for 15 days. Police officer Ma Jianjun extorted 1,500 yuan from me without any receipt.

I went to Beijing to appeal for justice on October 6, 2000 and on October 26, 2000, I shouted "Falun Dafa is good!" at Tiananmen Square. I was arrested, detained for six days, and taken back to be detained another nine days at the Zhuolu County Detention Center. I was beaten and cursed in Beijing and the Zhuolu County detention centers.

Soon afterwards I was arrested at home on November 23, 2000. The police asked me if I still practiced Falun Dafa and I answered yes. They detained me another 15 days in the County Detention Center.

On January 19, 2001, Zhuolu Town CCP official Zhang Jun found me at my work place, asked me if I still practiced, and I said yes. He then had me detained another 15 days. During those 15 days, they forced me and fellow practitioner Mr. Chen Youzhong to watch the "Tiananmen Immolation" TV program that slanders Falun Dafa. I felt the people shown in the video were not Falun Dafa practitioners, and their words and actions were not in line with the Fa. I told the guards that they were not Falun Dafa practitioners, because self-immolation is suicide, which is killing, and that our Master taught us that we should not do that. On just this one point, I was sure they were not Falun Dafa practitioners. There were many who lied about this incident, and were already exposed. The other prisoners beat me severely, threatened me, and did not allow me to use the toilet. I was released after 15 days.

On April 25, 2001, police officer Wang Dagen (male) and several other police officers from the local station took me to the police station again. They questioned me if I still practiced, and I replied yes. They handcuffed my hands behind my back, and detained me at the county detention center another 15 days. On May 10, 2001, they closely monitored my house, took me to the Zhuolu Town, and detained me another 16 days starting from May 11, 2001.

On July 31, 2002, the County 610 Officer agents Dong Fei and Ma Jianjun ransacked my house. They spotted some papers I used to make banners to put on the street, and arrested me.

At the County Police Department, Dong Fei and Ma Jianjun forced me to take my fingerprints, and detained me for a long period of time. Prisoner Ma Aifeng (male) hit my head and caused a big bump on my head, and a long-term headache. I learned later that the guards were encouraging prisoners to beat us.

In December 2001, the guards forced all the inmates to join the military march training. I refused to join, and they beat me badly, and forced me to wear ankle shackles for 27 days.

In July 2002, I was sentenced to five years in prison for no reason. I refused to sign my name on the sentencing statement. Several days later, they took me to the Zhuolu County Prison, then transferred me to North Suburban Shijiazhuang City Prison (also called Hebei Province Fourth Prison) on August 7, 2002.

I was locked in the First Section, Seventh Ward of the prison for four years. Guard Zhen Jun encouraged prisoners Su Yonghong, Liu Xinbing, Chen Ruifu, Zhou Xiaodong, Tang Yongshe, Zhang Aiguo, and others (all male) to torment me. They cursed me viciously, threatened me constantly, and tried to force me to do things against my will, such as writing a guarantee statement, to follow the prison rules and recite the rules. When I first arrived at the prison on October 17, 2002, all Falun Dafa practitioners went through severe brainwashing. The guards locked me in a small cell, and five to six guards would talk and curse me, and my Master and Dafa. They would not allow me to speak, and they refused to listen to my compassionate words. I was constantly verbally abused and threatened.

After almost one month of brainwashing, my mind was not very clear, and I was forced to write the four statements (similar to the three statements) by guard Feng Fuli (male). I was very sad, and felt that I let Master and Dafa down, and I blamed myself every day. On December 9, 2002, I wrote a solemn declaration that those four statements were null and void, and submitted it to Guard Zhen Jun. They cruelly beat me.

I am a Falun Dafa practitioner, and I refused to cooperate with the evil. After 5:00 p.m., on April 4, 2003, guard Zhen Jun encouraged prisoners Huang Hui and Li Zhiqiang to take me to a storage room where he beat me badly. They forced me to bend down with my back and my head against the wall, and they raised my arms high from the back, and then they beat my hands until they were swollen. They kicked my nose, causing it to bleed.

Prisoner Li Zhiqiang lifted a wooden bench high, and smashed it down on my lower back. I fell down with a loud cry. I felt that my lower body could not move. It was almost 9:00 p.m., but they still would not let me sleep, and I had to stand until 3:00 a.m. They then forced me to stand again from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m., and then to join in doing heavy labor, standing at the labor site. My body was severely damaged through this abuse.

At around 9:00 a.m. on April 18, 2003, they took me to a brainwashing class. Practitioners were all isolated, guard Yue (given name unknown, male) forced me sit on the legs of an upside-down small stool. Guards Li Weike (male) and Zhang (male, given name unknown) beat me with bamboo boards, and directed prisoners Su Yonghong, Gao Mingyue, Zhao Yuwen (all male) to beat me and deprive me of sleep. In order to reduce their terms, these prisoners actively beat me, verbally abused me, threatened me, and insulted me. The guards ordered them to force me to read evil books. They damaged my mind and body.

In 2004, the First Section changed their leader from Zhen Jun to Cao Yanzhou (male). Cao also forced me to attend military march trainings. I told him my feet were injured, but he forced me to take part, and ordered prisoners to force me to stand for a long time, or do lots of heavy labor with overtime to 11:30 p.m., every day. They knew I could not do so much labor in my physical condition, but they forced me, cursed me, beat me, and insulted me whenever I could not finish the work load.

On December 20, 2004, Cao Yanzhou forced me to write an annual report, but I refused. He then left me to freeze in the yard, standing in the heavy snow until January 4, 2005. Because of my physical condition, as a result of all those years of torture and abuse, I asked to rest several times, but Cao refused. He only let me rest one day.

On April 22, 2005, prisoner Zhao Erke beat me without any reason. I reported it to Cao Yanzhou. He not only refused to investigate this incident, but rewarded him with family visitations for several days.

Prisoner Zhang Aiguo often threatened and insulted me. Cao Yanzhou assigned him to monitor me. Zhang said to me, "If you refuse to obey me, and you report it to Cao, I will beat you." He then cursed me viciously. This mistreatment was a daily routine. Most guards in the Seventh Ward had participated in torturing me and other practitioners. The guards and prisoners especially beat our sensitive areas, and deprived us of sleep for long periods of time.

(Note, the above is an unfinished draft written by Mr. Xu Yibao himself before he passed away as a result of the abuse he suffered.)