Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Retirees from Tsinghua University Sent to Forced Labor Camp; Daughter in US Pleads for Their Release

October 10, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Gong practitioners 63-year-old Mr. Fu Yong'an and 63-year-old Ms. Liu Xianglan, both retirees from Tsinghua University in the Haidian District of Beijing, were illegally sentenced to forced labor camps for two years.

Ms. Liu's family members were allowed to meet with her for the first time on September 11, 2006, after she had been detained for six months. The family met with Mr. Fu once at the end of July 2006. According to the family, Mr. Fu and Ms. Liu are both now very thin. From their conversations with the couple, the family learned that the conditions at Qinghe Detention Center are very bad.

Their daughter, Fu Chen, who is now pursuing her Master's degree at the University of Texas, said: "My parents were abducted from our home by more than ten policemen in March 2006. They were then detained at Qinghe Detention Center in the Haidian District. The police said that they had visited some websites that are forbidden by the government. While they were in detention, they were not allowed to meet with their family members. Now my parents, who are both over 60, have been sent to forced labor camps!"

Mr. Fu Yong'an and Ms. Liu Xianglan were arrested from their own home on March 19, 2006, and were sent to Qinghe Detention Center in Beijing after about one week. At the end of May, they both were sent to forced labor camps. The "reason" was that 61 items related to Falun Gong were found in their home. On July 12, 2006, Mr. Fu was sent to Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp in Daxing County, Beijing; Ms. Liu was sent to Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp.

During the "Literature Revolution" originated by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party), Mr. Fu and Ms. Liu were both sent to Jiangxi Farm to work. As a result, they contracted schistosomiasis. After they returned to Beijing, they received some "experimental treatment," but Ms. Liu became even sicker, and her nervous system was also affected. Mr. Fu suffered from gallstones. After they started to cultivate Falun Gong in September 1995, they both experienced dramatically improved health. Mr. Fu's gallstones disappeared, and Ms. Liu also recovered from her illnesses. Since the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, local policemen detained them many times on so-called sensitive dates.

This year, the Haidian Branch of Beijing Public Security Bureau made a concerted effort to arrest Falun Gong practitioners. According to incomplete statistics, at least 60 practitioners were arrested. When the Haidian Branch officers made the arrests, they did not show any legal documentation and did not inform family members of the victims afterwards. They did not show the practitioners or their family members a list of confiscated items after they ransacked their homes. The arrested practitioners were either without information about where they were, were illegally sent to forced labor camps, or were threatened with long-term prison sentences before any legal procedures had been attempted.

Concerned for her parents' safety, Ms. Fu Chen said: "I am really worried about them and hope more people can help. I have asked the CCP to release my parents. They are innocent and are being persecuted for no reason."

Administration of Forced Labor Camps in Beijing
Phone: 86-10-83502065
Director General of Forced Labor Camp Bureau in Beijing Zheng Zhenyuan;
Commissar Zhang Xingrong;
Deputy Director General Dai Jianhai

Haidian Branch of Beijing Public Security Bureau: 86-10-82519110
No. 15, Changchun Bridge Rd, Zip 100089

Directors General Jin and Zhang Weigang
Commissar Wang Jucheng

Haidian District Detention Center, Beijing
No. 25, Qinghe Longgang Rd, Haidian District, Zip 100085
Superintendent Bai Gang: 86-10-62902266 Ext: 3500 or 3582
BP: 86-10-62628566-5339
Superintendent Zhu Yuchao: 86-10-62902266 Ext:3711
Team Leader of Detention Center Zhu Feng: 86-10-82883420