Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Yu Yimin from Wuhan City Lost Her Family and Was Reduced to Begging on the Streets Due to the Persecution

January 22, 2006 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Yimin from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, used to have a happy family. After Jiang Zemin's regime started using the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to persecute Falun Gong, Ms. Yu was illegally arrested several times and has suffered from much inhuman treatment. In the end, her family was torn apart and she suffered a mental collapse.

Ms. Yu Yimin, 42 years old, a compassionate woman, was once an accountant for the Hubei Province Second Electric Power Construction Engineering Company.

In the early 1990s, Ms. Yu was diagnosed with a brain tumor. After surgery, she was very weak. She had to rely on medication to sustain her life. She was unable to work. Her illness brought a great financial burden to her family. Amidst the torment that resulted from her illness, she lived a bitter life.

In 1996, Ms. Yu started to learn Falun Dafa. She has strictly used the principles of "Truth-Compassion-Forbearance" to guide herself. Her physical and mental health greatly improved. After seeing Yu Yimin's dramatic changes, her husband also started to practice Falun Gong. Before long, his lung ailment cleared up without any medical treatment. Her parents-in-law started to practice Falun Gong too, after they witnessed how she and their son had changed and how they treated their parents better. After that, the whole family lived in harmony. They saved their employers a lot of medical expenses. Ms. Yu knows that it was Dafa that gave her a second life and gave good health to her loved ones.

On July 20, 1999, the CCP started the brutal campaign of persecuting Falun Dafa. Ms. Yu went to the government's Appeal Bureau in Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and was illegally arrested. She was detained at the Qianmen Police Department. Later, the police from the Wansongyuan Police Station in the Jianghan District of Wuhan City took her back to Wuhan City. She was then sent to the Wuhan City Women's Custodial Center, where she was detained for two weeks.

Detained in the brainwashing center several times

On February 26, 2000, the 610 Office of the Jianghan District Police Department ordered all of the police stations to arrest Falun Gong practitioners on a large scale. Zhou Zhiwei, Director of the Wansongyuan Police Station, and many policemen, including Luo Yong and Tang Shuangxin, went to Ms. Yu's home, removed her by force, and then detained her in the Jianghan District Brainwashing Center, which is located inside the Welfare Center by the Wuhan City Police Department.

In May 2000, the Jianghan District "610 Office" spent a large amount of money, manpower, and resources and rented a three-story building from a privately owned pre-fabricated cement plant in Erdaopeng of Jianghan District. They installed hallways, elevators, and windows, anti-theft fences, doors and windows made of thick steel bars in the building. All the Falun Gong practitioners who were detained inside the Welfare Center were then transferred to the Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center.

Because of the prolonged detention and brainwashing, Ms. Yu was unable to discern the lies, so she wrote a guarantee statement. After she returned home, she calmly pondered the issue, and she then woke up. She wrote a statement declaring that her previously written statement renouncing Dafa was null and void. She also placed the declaration letter in the hands of a brainwashing center leader.

Shortly afterwards, on February 9, 2002, Zhou Zhiwei, Director of the Wansongyuan Police Station, leading a group of policemen, broke into Ms. Yu's home, handcuffed her, and then took her to the police station. Ms. Yu was returned to Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center for persecution.

In the brainwashing center, Ms. Yu refused to watch the fabricated news. She cooperated with other Dafa practitioners in tearing down the banners that contained words slanderous to Dafa. At the beginning of 2001, the brainwashing center forced the practitioners to watch videos about the staged "Tiananmen Square Self-Immolation" incident. Ms. Yu and other practitioners pointed out that the "self-immolation" incident was staged to frame Falun Gong. After that, she was put in custody for criminal detention for one month. After her custody, she was again brought to the brainwashing center.

In the brainwashing center, the practitioners used their wisdom to erase the slanderous slogans on the wall and replaced them with the words, "Jiang Zemin has organized an evil cult." The head of the 610 Office called in the police to search the cells and the practitioners to find who had written the words. They ordered each practitioner to write some words so they could compare their handwriting with the words on the wall. Ms. Yu and other the practitioners, more than ten of them, determinedly resisted the demand. In the end, the police were unable to identify the person who had written those words.

At the end of October 2001, Ms. Yu was transferred to the Wansongyuan Police Station for further persecution. She managed to escape. She had to become homeless to avoid further persecution. The director of the Wansongyuan Police Station led the police in a massive search to find her. They also offered a big reward to anyone who would turn her in.

Sentenced to forced labor

Yu Yimin was arrested again when she was handing out truth-clarification material. She was sentenced to one year of forced labor in the Hewan Drug Rehabilitation Center in Wuhan City. When she was initially sent there, the guards would not let her sleep. They had several people try, around the clock, to brainwash her by instilling their crooked sayings into her mind. Ms. Yu ignored them. Then the guards incited the inmates to beat her, pinch her, and keep her awake for a long time. They punished her by forcing her to stand facing the wall or in a military-style squatting position. If she moved even a little, they would beat her severely. No matter how they tortured her, Yu Yimin always stuck to her belief in Dafa. In the end, the guards had to give up trying to brainwash her. After that, they tortured her by forcing her to do manual labor for long hours.

On the day in November 2002, when Ms. Yu's sentence was over, the police transferred her from Hewan to Erdaopeng Brainwashing Center without following any legal procedure and without determining the length of her new sentence. The individuals who were involved in this plot were from the Jianghan District Political and Judicial Committee, the Jianghan District 610 Office, the Jianghan District Police Department, the Wansongyuan Police Station, and the Wansongyuan Neighborhood Office.

Ms. Yu's family was torn apart and she suffered a mental collapse

During the time Ms. Yu was detained in the detention center, the women's custodial center, the brainwashing center, Hewan Forced Labor Camp, and Hewan Rehabilitation Center, she suffered inhuman treatment. The persecution had separated her from her family for almost three years. Ms. Yu's husband was unable to endure the brutal persecution and gave up practicing Falun Dafa. He even started living with his wife's sister illegally. Together they instigated Ms. Yu's child to believe that her sister was his mother. Ms. Yu was unaware of this while she was being detained.

At the time of the Chinese Lunar New Year, Ms. Yu dragged herself, her body weak and swollen from the mental and physical torment, and arrived at her long-missed home. She gently knocked on the door, but there was no response and the door was locked. In the cold wind and in the dark night, she leaned against the door, wearing only thin layers of clothing. She cried. She left quietly before dawn.

Several days later, her husband Wang Siqing went to her with a divorce paper and asked her to sign it. Then Wang and Ms. Yu Yimin's sister, Yu Xiaomin, drove her out of her home. They only gave her enough money to cover her living expenses for one month.

Ms. Yu has cultivated herself to be a good person by following Truth-Compassion-Forbearance, yet the persecution has torn her family apart. However, Cao Xinyun, the party secretary of the community, made a slanderous comment that Ms. Yu had brought this on herself because she practices Falun Gong, without ever mentioning anything about the persecution she has suffered. He often went to harass and humiliate her.

Ms. Yu suffered intense pressure because her family was torn apart. Furthermore, she had lost her job and had no income or other means of support. As a result, she suffered a heavy psychological blow and lost her ability to make a living. She has since lived by begging on the streets. People were unaware of her situation until a Falun Gong practitioner recognized her on the street despite her dirt-covered face. However, later practitioners lost contact with her.

The Wansongyuan Neighborhood party office, 86-27-83603762

The Wansongyuan Police Station, 86-27-85777382

Zhou Zhiwei, previously the Wansongyuan Police Station Director, in charge of persecuting Falun Gong, and now the Airport Police Station Director: 86-27-83666429

Cao Xinyun, the party secretary of the Wansong Community: 86-27-85758606

Luo Yong, the local policeman in charge of the Qingsongli section in Wansong: 86-27-85396888

Tang Shuangxin, a local policeman: 86-27-62002115

Gu Jianqiao, head of Jianghan District 610 Office

Hu Jiaxiang, head of Jianghan District Brainwashing Center

Ms. Yu Yimin's original address: Apartment 3 of No. 29 Building, Qingsongli, Wansong, Jianghan District, Wuhan City, Hubei Province.

December 22, 2005