Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Exposing the Lies of the 610 Office in Langfang City

January 02, 2006 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in China

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhou Shuying, a Falun Dafa practitioner in Dachang County, Hebei Province, died of persecution by the local 610 Office and police on December 24, 2004. Han Zhiguang, head of 610 Office in Langfang City, Hebei Province, stopped at nothing in his attempt to brainwash and "transform" Dafa practitioners. He even made up a story about deceased practitioner Zhou Shuying. He distorted the facts to deceive practitioners forced to undergo brainwashing sessions. He maintained that Ms. Zhou died because she refused to take medicine after practicing Falun Gong.

Let me briefly tell you what actually happened to Ms. Zhou Shuying.

Ms. Zhou was 64 years old when she passed away. She lived in Qianchengxiang Village, Dachang County, Hebei Province. When she was 18 years old, she contracted rheumatic arthritis and had to quit school. Her hands and body were deformed. Her body was bent at a 90o angle. Her height was lowered from 5 feet 3 inches to 4 feet 11 inches. Later she contracted rheumatic lumbago, a serious case of rheumatic spondylitis and glaucoma. She later suffered from rheumatic heart disease and cervical spondylosis.

Ms. Zhou Shuying began to practice Falun Gong in January 1998. Her many diseases were quickly cured without any treatment. What's more magical was that her height grew to 5 feet 2 inches. More than a dozen people in her village began to practice Falun Dafa after witnessing the changes in her. There was a brief article about how Zhou Shuying benefited from cultivating Falun Gong in the special issue of "Falun Dafa Is Good" (page 37, Volume 1) published in the Langfang area before the persecution began (July 20, 1999).

Since the persecution began, Dachang County Police Department, 610 Office, the municipal government, and the local police station often harassed Ms. Zhou at her home. They would break in and search her home without permission.

One day, Liu Chunguang and He Fengcheng from the Political Security Division of the County Police Department drove to Ms. Zhou's home. They wanted to take Ms. Zhou to the police department for questioning. She refused to go with them but was forced into their police car. As it started down the road, Ms. Zhou opened the car door and jumped out. They finally took her to the local village office, pounded on a table and loudly interrogated her.

In November 2001, staff from the county 610 Office and the Political and Judiciary Commissions in the town government dragged Ms. Zhou Shuying to the county brainwashing center in an attempt to "transform" her. Ms. Zhou's husband, Zhou Xiangtian, was very sick. He was left at home with no one to care for him. After that, Ms. Zhou was often taken from her home and interrogated without any legal process.

For a long time, Ms. Zhou lived in terror of the evil communist party. The wicked police frequently harassed and persecuted her. She was under enormous pressure and her health deteriorated. Ms. Zhou was hospitalized twice in November and December 2004, but the treatments didn't help. She died of a heart attack on December 24, 2004 in the county hospital.

Obviously, Ms. Zhou Shuying died of a relapse because she was not able to practice Falun Gong under the terrorism and persecution of the 610 Office.