Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution Suffered By Peng Dong Before His Death

September 23, 2005 |   By a Falun Dafa disciple in Shaanxi Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Dafa disciple Mr. Peng Dong, in his 20s, was from Hanzhong City, Shaanxi Province. Because he had been persecuted for a long time, his body and spirit were devastated enormously. He died suddenly on June 28, 2005.

Peng Dong was happy to have had the chance to first practice Falun Dafa in September of 1996. He became the youngest assistant very quickly. Throughout his nine years of cultivation practice, Peng Dong had firmly believed in Master, and had been persistent in cultivation. He studied the Fa attentively and practiced the exercises every day. He could recite Zhuan Falun and Hong Yin completely, as well as some of Teachers other articles. He fully made use of all of the free time he had to do truth-clarification work, and put almost all of his energy in doing the three things well.

After the persecution began, he went out very quickly to clarify the truth and validate Dafa. On December 30, 2000, he rode a bicycle alone to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa. Before leaving, he distributed more than 80 copies of truth clarification material that he made to some workplaces and government offices in Hanzhong. And on the road, he continued to distribute the truth clarifying materials. During the long and tiresome journey, he lived outdoors, and overcame fatigue. After his travel shoes were worn out, he put on another pair. When he arrived at Yuci County, Shanxi Province, he was tracked by the local police. He was arrested and put in a local detention center. Later he was sent back to the detention center of Hanzhong city.

Wherever Peng Dong went, he would clarify the truth. He refused to be "transformed" and was illegally sentenced to a two and half year term in the labor camp. He was sent to the Shanxi Province labor camp (Zaozihe Labor Camp). Because he rejected the transformation, he was tied up on a death bed for two days. In the situation of his body being extremely weak, the personnel in the labor camp forced him to shoulder a sandbag over 100 Jin (lb.), which made him nearly go into shock. On May 13, 2002, he was punished by being forced to kneel for one day in a dark room.

In 2003, Peng Dong was released after his illegal labor camp term expired. The Hanzhong city 610 office and the national security bureau went to his home to harass him on several occasions.

On October 15, 2004, the city 610 office and the national security bureau once again caught Peng Dong and forced him into brainwashing. To resist the persecution, Peng Dong went on a hunger strike for five days.

In April 2005, Peng Dong was caught and taken to Xinyuan hotel for illegal interrogation. Every time he was arrested, he would shout loudly: "Falun Dafa is good," exposing the evil crimes of the persecution.

Having suffered the persecution for a long time, Peng Dong's body and spirit were seriously devastated. He died on June 28, 2005.