Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Thirteen Practitioners Who Died from Abuse and Maltreatment during the Persecution

September 13, 2005 |  


Mr. Jing Yuxue, 77 years old, was a resident from the Jintai District in Baoji City, Shaanxi Province. Before he started to practice Falun Gong in July 1996 he suffered from multiple illnesses, including severe heart disease, diabetes, stomach illness and others. In just one month after he started to practice Falun Gong all of his illnesses were gone. After the persecution of Falun Dafa started on July 20, 1999, the wife of the old man's second son was illegally sentenced to forced labor, and suffered brainwashing several times. His elder son's wife left home to avoid further persecution, and her whereabouts are still unknown. The lawless persons from the police department, the neighborhood committee, and his sons' employer often went to Mr. Jing's home to harass them. The old man also needed to take care of his grandson. So, under these various pressures he died an unjust death on April 15, 2004. Even when he was about to die, the old man still said that he firmly believed in the goodness of Falun Dafa.

Mr. Zhang Tianbao, 54 years old, an employee from the Qi Town Shoe Factory in Mei County, Shaanxi Province, started to practice Falun Gong in 1998. On July 18, 2000, together with thirty-six Dafa practitioners from Mei County and other regions, he went to Beijing to appeal and clarify the truth about Falun Gong. He was abducted in Zhuozhou City of Hebei Province and sent back to his home county. He was detained at the Mei County 8-20 Base for brainwashing. Under this enormous pressure he signed something against his will; but after he was released he again started to actively clarify the truth. In 2004, with his righteous thoughts, he participated in many righteous activities. In the county capital he tore down banners that contained words slandering Falun Gong. Some lawless people later followed him and there were police vehicles often parked in front of his home. After some time he showed symptoms of lung disease and then passed away in a hospital in August 2005.

Ms. Zhao Xiqin, 87 years old, lived in Shoushan Town, Dongliao County, Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1998. Before then she had many illnesses, including severe heart disease, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, nephritis and stomach disease. After she started cultivating, all of her illnesses vanished without any medical treatments. Since the vicious party started to persecute Falun Gong in July 20, 1999, she was badly impacted by the persecution because of the repeated severe persecution of her and her children. The ferocious police often used base methods to threaten and harass her family, which heaped tremendous mental pressure on the old lady. She manifested a relapse of her heart disease and passed away on July 16, 2005.

Mr. Zhao Wenxian, 60 years old, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Wanwan Village, Huangtaigang Township, Nanyang City, Henan Province. In 2000 he went to Beijing twice to appeal for Falun Gong. Because some people reported him to the police after he wrote some slogans clarifying the truth, he was sent to a detention center and detained for over one month. The mental pressure severely affected his health, and he died in the second half of 2004.

Ms. Liu Zhonglan was a Falun Gong practitioner in Xinyang City, Henan Province. One day she was arrested for clarifying the truth. The arrest deeply affected her. After she went back home, 610 Office members often went to harass her, which exerted tremendous mental pressure on her. She died in the end of August 2005.

Ms. Zhang Yueqin was a resident of Yi Village, Daiwangcheng Town,Wei County, Hebei Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1996. In the first lunar month of 2000 she was illegally detained in the village school for over twenty days. Later she was taken to Daiwangcheng Town and badly beaten there. She was fined 1,000 yuan. After she was released and went back home, the vicious party officials in her village sent people to monitor her. Every time sensitive dates approached they would go to her home to harass her. Later she had a relapse of her old illness and died in 2001.

Mr. Wang Zhihai was a resident of Er Village, Daiwangcheng Town, Wei County, Hebei Province. He had previously suffered from lymphoma. After he started to practice Falun Gong he recovered from the illness. In the first lunar month of 2000 he was illegally detained in the village office for over twenty days. He experienced a relapse of his old illness and died in 2001.

Ms. Zhang Yuying, 56 years old, was a resident of Daiwangcheng Town, Wei County, Hebei Province. After she started to practice Falun Dafa in 1996 her many illnesses disappeared without any medical treatment. After Falun Dafa was persecuted in 1999, a group of town government officials, led by town party secretary Duan Bin, illegally detained Zhang Yuying and five other Dafa practitioners. They maltreated the practitioners with threats, humiliation, verbal abuse and extortion of money and property. Ms. Zhang was harassed, detained and fined many times. On top of those persecutions, her family members did not allow her to practice the Falun Gong exercises under the pressure. Under such maltreatment, her health deteriorated gradually and she died on the ninth day in the first lunar month in 2002.

Ms. Chen Jinlian, 23 years old, was a Dafa practitioner in Gaotie Town, Jiayu County, Hubei Province. She suffered from chronic nephritis and went to seek medical treatments from many doctors, but her illness could not be cured. After she began to practice Falun Gong in 1997 she did not need to take medicine anymore. In 2000, because she clarified the truth, lawless persons from the Qianbadou Township Police Department, and the township's "610 Office" repetitively ransacked her home, harassed and threatened her and extorted money. After her brother, a Dafa practitioner, was illegally sentenced to forced labor, Chen Jinlian experienced tremendous mental pressure, which caused a relapse of her old illness. She died on June 8, 2002.

Ms. Gan Lihua, 67 years old, was a Dafa practitioner from Wuhan City in Hubei Province. She started to practice Falun Gong toward the end of 1998. On August 13, 2004, she was abducted for the third time for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong. Shuiguohu No.2 Police Station personnel in Wuhan City sent her to Yangyuan Brainwashing Center for further persecution. On September 27, 2004, under pressure, she succumbed to "reformation." Her health and mind were badly damaged and she experienced a relapse of her illness (skin cancer). She died on July 29, 2005.

Mr. Xu Zhen was a resident of Xujiahe Village, Liushan Town, Linqu County, Weifang City, Shandong Province. Before he started his cultivation he suffered from heart disease and cirrhosis of the liver for ten years. Since he had no money for medical treatments, he had to stay in bed in home and wait for death. After he started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, his body was cleansed and his illnesses were gone. People in the whole village saw the miracle of Dafa through him. As a result, more than ten villagers started to practice Falun Gong. In the summer of 2001, when he was having a group Fa study, lawless persons arrested him took him to the county 610 Office brainwashing center, where he was severely abused, both physically and mentally. In the summer of 2002, he was again abducted and taken to the 610 Office brainwashing center and illegally detained for over twenty days. During the interim he was also beaten and threatened. Under the pressure he compromised his belief. After he went back home, the bad persons often went to his home to harass him. They also threatened his family members to make them force him to completely give up practicing Falun Gong. He died from excessive fright amidst the frenzied physical and mental torment in February 2003.

Ms. Zhu Xiaoling, 58 years old, was from Henan Province. Before she started to learn Falun Dafa she had already retired for various health reasons. After she started to learn Dafa and practice Falun Gong her illness disappeared in several months. After July 20, 1999, the members of her neighborhood committee often went to her home to harass her. She died on June 15, 2003.

Mr. Tan Yusheng, 77 years old, lived at Fengjiatunxi, Chuanying District, Jilin City, Jilin Province. After he started to practice Falun Gong he benefited tremendously and became healthy. Since the evildoing Party started to persecute Falun Dafa, the bad persons often went to his home to harass him, which made his family members fall into a state of constant terror. He died during the first lunar month of 2000.

September 6, 20005