Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution Wu Chunlong Experienced Before His Death

September 10, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Wu Chunlong, a 30-year-old Falun Gong practitioner in Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, was tortured to the verge of death and mental disorder. He was sent back home on April 30, 2005 by officials from the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp but was kept under surveillance by local police. He finally died from the lasting effects of the persecution on August 20, 2005. Below is an account of the persecution Mr. Wu experienced before his death as disclosed by an insider.


At about 9:00 A.M. on March 17, 2005, when we were picking beans, Wu Chunlong was taken out by the policemen. A few minutes later, we heard the loud noise of someone being beaten and Wu Chunlong shouting "Falun Dafa is good." Nearly 20 minutes later, we could not hear anything more.

Some days later, I heard from policeman Tang Tiemin that the police found some of Master's articles in our room, so Mr. Wu was tortured as punishment. Furthermore, Mr. Wu was locked up in a small cell for further torment and monitored by criminal prisoners designated by the police.

In the small cell, Mr. Wu was tortured so badly that he could not take care of his bowel movements and urination by himself. The prisoners who monitored him had to wash the bedding for him and sometimes they threw away his dirty pants. They had come to our room to look for his underclothes and pants, and told us what was happening. Wu Chunlong told a prisoner with the family name of Yang that several people, including the head of the group Liu Hongguang, Yang Chunlong, deputy head of the Group Guo Gang, and Zhang Nailin had been involved in torturing him.

Mr. Wu's ears were beaten so seriously that he could not hear anything. This event can be verified by Dafa practitioners Fu Yu, Ju Zaibin, Ma Guojun, Guo Yuzhu, Shao Dianyin, Ning Xiwen, and Li Changhua, who were locked in the same room with Mr. Wu.

I later learned that Mr. Wu had not eaten anything for three weeks. I am not sure whether the reason was that he was beaten too seriously to eat anything or whether he was on a hunger strike to protest the inhuman torture. During that period, he demanded to appeal to the local prosecutor and administrative division of the camp, but this was overlooked until a long time later.

To prevent exposure of this persecution, the camp authorities used all means at their disposal to try to cover up the truth. They had even blocked the peephole of the small cell. One day, when we were on the way to the restroom, we heard shouts of "Falun Dafa is good" coming out of the cell that Mr. Wu was locked up in. Li Changhua came close and found that prisoner Wang Fu was sitting on top of Mr. Wu and was beating him. We reported this to the guards but they responded that Wang Fu was "persuading Mr. Wu to eat." They frequently used this excuse to cover up their persecution.