Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Information on Seven Elderly Falun Gong Practitioners Who Died as a Result of the Persecution

August 22, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Zhang Zhonglu, 60, a resident of Niuwangmiao, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, had suffered with a stomach flu for decades, but quickly regained his health after beginning the practice of Falun Gong in 1997. He spread Dafa in the tea shop that he managed, and played videos of lectures by the founder of Falun Gong for fellow practitioners on his only TV. Since the beginning of the persecution, on July 20, 1999, the evil staff members of the 610 Office threatened, monitored and attempted to brainwash Mr. Zhang. As a result of the illegal harassment and threats by the neighborhood committee, street office and police station, Mr. Zhang passed away in December 2004.

Mr. Hu Mingxiang, 59, a retired employee from the Electricity Bureau of Leshan City, Sichuan Province, was diagnosed with cancer before 1997. Soon after he started to practice Falun Gong, the cancer disappeared. After the Chinese Communist Party began to persecute Falun Gong, he was put on the "blacklist" because he had been in charge of Dafa truth clarification materials for the local area. The local police confiscated his property and a lot of the materials. Because of the persecution, Mr. Hu suffered a relapse of the cancer and died.

Mr. Bi Yuefa, 78, was a resident of Nong'an County, Changchun City, Jilin Province. He went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong on February 13, 2000, and was detained at a local detention center. Mr. Bi protested the illegal treatment with a hunger strike, but passed away in August 2000, soon after he was released.

Ms. Yu Shuzhen, over eighty years old, lived in Jilin City, Jilin Province. She was steadfast in studying the Fa and practicing the exercises. When her granddaughter was sentenced to three years of forced labor, she lost her good cultivation environment, eventually resulting in her death on July 15, 2005.

Another Nong'an native in Jilin Province, Ms. Xu Shulan, 68, benefited from Falun Gong after learning the practice in 1996, and had several illnesses cured. After she appealed to the provincial government on behalf of Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, she was frequently harassed by the local police, sometimes several times a day. In addition, Ms. Xu's husband, daughter, and son-in-law were also taken to the town government or police station for brainwashing, where they were forced to hand in their Falun Gong books and renounce Falun Gong. In the face of such intense mental and physical persecution, Ms. Xu stopped practicing Falun Gong. In February 2000, her two daughters appealed for Falun Gong in Beijing. They were detained in the detention center of Nong'an County, and both of them were fired from their jobs and were charged 12,000 yuan. Ms. Xu was even forcibly body-searched when she visited her neighbor. Under this high pressure, Xu Shulan eventually died in February 2004.

A Guizhou practitioner, Mr. Yang Wenxue, was frequently harassed by corrupt officials and was reported to the police by his family members. As a result, he died at 78 years of age in January 2005.

Ms. Lu Guiying was a Hunan Province Falun Gong practitioner in her seventies. After beginning the practice of Falun Gong in 1996, she enjoyed good health and happiness until July 20, 1999. Under extreme mental pressure brought about by the persecution, Ms. Lu died in August 2001.