Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Grandma in Her 90s Seeks Help to Free Her Granddaughter

August 20, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Because she was a Falun Dafa practitioner, Kong Fanrong from Shulan City, Jilin Province, was tortured to death in Shulan City Detention Center on May 11, 2003. Her husband Bian Hongxiang (also a Falun Dafa practitioner), 93-year-old mother-in-law, and daughter Bian Lingyun as well as her in-laws have been continuously harassed and arrested by the police.

After 4:00 p.m. on July 21, 2005, Yan Jianhua, manager of the Huancheng Local Police Station in Shulan City, along with another police officer broke into Bian Lingyun's home and asked: "Where is your father Bian Hongxiang?" Lingyun answered: "I don't know." The police then took her away.

When Lingyun's husband Song Junfang came home, he saw that Lingyun's grandmother was holding Lingyun's son and sobbing, so he asked what had happened. Through her tears, the grandma described how Lingyun had been taken away by the police.

Bian Lingyun's mother was also arrested for practicing Falun Gong. The police tried to force Kong Fanrong to reveal the names of her fellow practitioners, but she did not cooperate and was tortured to death in the Nanshan Detention Center in Shulan City. Ms. Kong's body was covered in bruises and raised red marks from being whipped. When the grandmother heard this sad news, she fainted in the courtyard, causing cuts and bleeding on her face. From that day, the grandmother gradually became weaker each day.

Bian Lingyun missed her mom and felt deep sadness for a long time. She became temporarily mentally unstable from the grief and lost a lot of weight. A previously happy family was torn apart because of the Jiang regime's persecution of Falun Gong.

On March 3, 2005, police officers from Dehui City arrested Bian Hongxiang, Lingyun's father, and cruelly tortured him. He was not released until he was at death's door on March 25. Lingyun attended to her father, but so far, he has not yet fully recovered. However, police from Shulan vainly continue to persecute her father. They often harass the family in their home. When the police could not get to Bian Hongxiang, they arrested Lingyun.

On July 22, four officers from the Huancheng Local Police Station were sent to Lingyun's home to try to make her husband, Song Junfang, sign a detention notice for Lingyun. Mr. Song refused. The officer roared, "Will you sign?" Song Junfang righteously replied: "No, my wife has not violated any law or disturbed social order. She was at home, how could she disturb social order! You can ask the neighbours whether my wife is a good person. You are the ones disturbing social order!" The officer had no reply to the husband's words.

Although the elderly grandma is unable to care of herself, she goes to the Public Security Bureau every day to request the release of Lingyun. The Director General said: "If you-all explain the family situation in writing, then we will release her." The documents have been handed in twice. One was given to Director General Xin He. He accepted the material but did not release Lingyun. On the 29th, Bian Lingyun's husband and grandmother went to see Xin He. Mr. Xin said that the matter had nothing to do with him and told them to go the National Security Unit. They went to the National Security Unit, but the officers there pushed the responsibility onto the Public Security section. Staff at the Public Security section also said that it was not in their jurisdiction. Song Junfang has already lost his job and is facing financial hardship.

The following are the phone numbers of some of the people involved in this case:
Xin He, Director General of Shulan City Public Security Bureau: 86-432-8224808
Yan Jianhua, Directory of the Huancheng Local Police Station in Shulan City who arrests Dafa practitioners: 86-432-8223069
Nanshan Detention Center in Shulan City: 86-432-8251265

A Statement from Lingyun's Grandmother.

I am Wang Liqin, 93 years old, from Shulan City, Jilin Province, China. Our five family members were fortunate to learn Falun Dafa in 1997--only my grandson does not practice. Dafa brought many benefits to our family. I previously suffered from heart disease and other diseases, which caused me to faint from time to time. When I became a Falun Dafa practitioner, all of my illnesses disappeared within a short time. Teacher saved me, has let me live to such an old age, and gave me a harmonious family.

Since the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, we have not had one day of peace. My son and daughter-in-law were arrested successively. On the morning of January 28, 2000, my son Bian Hongxiang was tricked by police from the Shulan City Public Security Bureau. They said they wanted to have a conversation with him, but when he showed up, they unexpectedly sent him for two years of forced labor. When he returned home two years later, the police still did not spare him, and often came to our home to harass him, which made me feel afraid and anxious. In order to let me have a peaceful life, my son sent me to live with my granddaughter. He and his wife had to leave their home to avoid the continual persecution.

Even so, they could not totally avoid the evil persecution. On January 4, 2003, police from Changchun rushed into their residence and arrested my son and daughter-in-law. My daughter-in-law, Kong Fanrong, was tortured in many different ways, such as gouging her eyes, forcing her to sit on a 'tiger bench' for hours, kicking her legs with their leather shoes, forcing toothpicks under all of her fingernails, and other cruel measures. She was then escorted to Shulan City, where she was killed in the Nanshan Detention Center on May 11, 2003. Those who saw her body said that it was covered in blue and purple bruises and lash marks. When I heard about how she had been tortured, I fainted and fell to the ground, and my face was covered with blood.

On March 3, 2005, a group of policemen arrested my son, Bian Hongxiang, and the police from Changchun and Dehui tortured him until he was almost dead. The police thought he was dying, so they asked my granddaughter to take him home. He is still recuperating from the ordeal.

I am already 93 years old, unable to take care of myself, and I completely depend on my granddaughter Lingyun. However, after 4:00 p.m. on July 21, Yan Jianhua and others from the Huancheng Local Police Station in Shulan City suddenly broke into our home to further persecute my son. When they saw my son was not there, one of them bellowed at my granddaughter: "Where is your father?" Lingyun answered: "I don't know. He did not say where he was going when he went out." Then, the police took her away against her will. At that time, her 8-year-old son was frightened and trembling, and he cried his eyes out. I was also so scared that I was unable to move my legs. Two days later, Yan Jianhua led four policemen in trying to force my grand son-in-law Song Junfang to sign a document regarding his wife's arrest, but he refused. The police officer shouted at him, "Will you sign?" Song Junfang loudly replied: "No! My wife has not disturbed social order. She was at home, how could she disturb social order? You can ask the neighbors whether or not my wife is a good person. Indeed, you are the ones disturbing social order!" What he said surprised the police so much that they left.

Now that my granddaughter has been arrested, there is no one to take care of me. To keep the evildoers from breaking up my family even more, my grand son-in-law, great-grandson, and I went to the 610 Office, the Public Security Bureau, and the local police station. They tricked us by saying: "If you-all explain the family situation in writing, then we will release her." However, this was just lip service. We recorded the details of our situation twice, and handed them to Director General Xin He of the Shulan Public Security Bureau, but the authorities still refused to release my granddaughter. On the 29th, Director General Xin He began to shirk his responsibilities, saying he could not take care of this matter and told us to go to the National Security Unit. But when we arrived there, the officers sent us to the Public Security section. At the Public Security section, the staff pushed the responsibility onto the local police station. We went to the police station, and were told to talk to the Director General. Every one of them tried to use the opportunity to extort money from us, but Song Junfang is unemployed and in financial hardship, so where could he find money for the police? I have lived through three to four dynasties. None of them was ever as evil as the current Chinese government. I do not understand why they took away my granddaughter. She was at home and did not disturb social order, but the police arrested her and forcibly searched our home without reason. Therefore, I ask for help and assistance from human rights organizations and just people around the world, and fellow practitioners in every country, to help in rescuing my granddaughter, Dafa practitioner Bian Lingyun.