Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

School Principal in Qinghai Province Denounced at a Public Meeting and Dies from Abuse Received in Labor Camp

August 02, 2005 |   By a Falun Gong practitioner from Qinghai Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Zhang Youzhen, former principal of Shuidong Elementary School in Biantan Township, Huzhu County, Qinghai Province, persisted in practicing Falun Dafa though he was handcuffed with a plate hung on his chest, and humiliated by being paraded in the street. He was illegally sentenced to forced labor, tortured at the Qinghai Provincial Labor Camp, and passed away on June 19, 2003.

Mr. Zhang Youzhen was born in 1958 in Biantan Township, Huzhu County, Qinghai Province. He was principal and advanced teacher at Shuidong Elementary School at Biantan Township. After Mr. Zhang Youzhen started practicing Falun Gong in 1995, he became more responsible in his job and his performance at work was outstanding. He was repeatedly awarded the title of "Excellent Teacher," "Advanced Worker" and other titles.

Although the Jiang Regime banned Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Zhang Youzhen persisted in practicing Dafa. On March 29, 2001, Zhang Youzhen was taken away from his school by the National Security Defense Detachment of the Public Security Department in Huzhu County, Qinghai Province. After 24 hours of interrogation by torture he was illegally detained in the Detention Center of Huzhu County on March 30.

At the Huzhu County Detention Center, Zhang Youzhen was interrogated several times by guards. He was illegally humiliated by corrupt officials. On stage at a convention of ten thousand people in Biantan Township, Huzhu County, Zhang Youzhen was handcuffed and forced to wear a three-foot sign saying "Crime of interfering with law enforcement." He was paraded in the street wearing the sign. This treatment lasted over 9 months.

Nine months later, on January 8, 2002 Zhang Youzhen was illegally sent to the Qinghai Provincial Labor Camp at Duoba Town, Huangzhong County, Qinghai Province. Because of his long-term mental suffering and physical torture, Zhang Youzhen was severely injured and extremely weak.

In the Qinghai Provincial Labor Camp, Zhang Youzhen was tortured by guards for over 40 days. The guards made criminals monitor Falun Gong practitioners to restrict their movement. Falun Gong practitioners received abuse like being forced to stand for 8 to 10 hours daily. In April 2002, Zhang Youzhen had been persecuted so severely that he was on the brink of death and could not care for himself. The labor camp authorities approved his release for medical treatment and released him to his family's care. Since his family took good care of him, he slowly regained health. Just as his health improved, before the Sixteenth National Party Congress of the CCP, the police again sent Zhang Youzhen to the labor camp. The excuse was that it was a sensitive time.

Twenty days later, Zhang Youzhen had been tortured to the brink of death. To avoid having to take any responsibility for their actions, the labor camp sent him home. Zhang Youzhen passed away on June 19, 2003.

July 26, 2005