Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Supplemental Facts Regarding Li Baojie's Death

August 18, 2005 |  


Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Li Baojie, 33, suffered severe persecution and died as a result. Her family members cried until their tears ran dry. Her death caused her mother, who is in her 70s, to grieve terribly, leaving her in an emaciated condition after less than three months.

Ms. Li Baojie was unlawfully arrested and her home was searched and ransacked by authorities on May 25, 2004. She was sent to the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp on August 20, where she was persecuted until she was on the verge of death. She was sent to the First Hospital of Shenyang Medical University for emergency rescue on April 7, 2005. According to the medical examination and available records, she was in a coma when she was admitted to the hospital. She was diagnosed with a lung infection as well as respiratory acidosis. Around six o'clock that evening, her family numbers received a notice from the labor camp that Ms. Li was in critical condition, so they went to the Shenyang Medical University. The doctor requested that she undergo emergency surgery immediately and demanded that family members and the labor camp sign for the surgery.

At that time, the Team Leader, Xie, and other persons from the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp were at the site. Xie refused to sign and claimed that he needed to ask for his supervisor's instructions. However, Baojie's family members could not wait longer for the labor camp officials to sign, as Li Baojie's life was in danger.

At 3:00 a.m. on April 8, 2005, Team Leader Xie of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp jeopardized Ms. Li's life by retiring to his police car to sleep. As a result, Ms. Li Baojie's family members also left the hospital.

At 6:00 a.m. on April 8, 2005, Li Baojie called to request to see her husband Pan Xueshu for the last time. After seeing her, it was obvious that she did not sleep for a whole night, and her health was extremely weak. The situation was very urgent.

Pan Xueshu asked Xie of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and the female commissar many times to sign for permission to perform the life-saving operation on Li Baojie, but he was ruthlessly refused.

Later, the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp decided that the family members should take Li Baojie home. To save his wife, Pan Xueshu rented an ambulance with an oxygen supply and took his wife to the Second Peoples Hospital of Panjin City for treatment.

Li Baojie passed away on the road ten kilometers away from her home. Her husband Pan Xueshu shouted desperately: "Baojie! Please wake up! You should not go!" Her mother cried out: "My child! Please wake up!"

All of the people present burst into tears. Li Baojie's sister was in a deep shock at that time. Her family members could not accept the sudden loss. The death of Li Baojie was directly caused by tortures administered by authorities from the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp and related policemen and guards. It was reported that the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp reimbursed the family members 4000 yuan as a financial aid.

Notes: On the evening of May 25, 2005, Zhou Laixing, head of the 610 Office at Panjin City Police Station, led a team to illegally search and loot Li Baojie and Pan Xueshu's house. The police stole their spousal fund of 20,000 yuan in cash. This money was scraped together after a whole life's work by Pan Xueshu's parents. The items that were illegally confiscated include a suit with 500 yuan inside, a red one-piece dress, 2 sports suits, one quilt, one red carpet, one red suitcase with clothes inside, two new bed sheets, two pairs of sports shoes, two dining tables, one rice cooker, one spatula, one bag of rice, two aluminum kettles, one washtub, one red bucket, one thermos flask, a brand new bike, the ID card of Li Baojie, the receipt for a motorcycle, and a cabinet. All of the above items have not been returned yet. For more than two years, Pan Xuehu and his father demanded the money back from Zhou Laixing and Li Yonghua, however Zhou and Li responded by stalling and heading them off. More than two years later they still have not received any money back from the police.

August 2, 2005