Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Information on Five Practitioners Who Passed Away Due to Persecution

July 07, 2005 |  

(Clearwsidom.net) Mr. Yu Xuewang, a 60-year-old practitioner from Baoquanlin, Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, died as a result of continual harassment and pressure that started on July 20, 1999, after the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners began. He was arrested twice and illegally detained in the Baoquanlin Detention Center, where he was severely mistreated and also extorted of 3,000 yuan. After being released, the local police continually monitored, harassed, and threatened Yu Xuewang. When Mr. Yu died as a result of this mistreatment, the police claimed that he had "committed suicide."

Mr. Cai Youyi was a 72-year-old practitioner from Chongyingshan City, Sichuan Province. After he started practicing Falun Gong, he regained complete health. Mr. Cai was harassed and threatened many times after July 20, 1999. His wife went to Beijing to validate Dafa and was arrested and brought back by the police. As a result, their home was ransacked and Mr. Cai was also arrested and detained. He was severely harmed both mentally and physically. Cai Youyi died on his way to visit his wife, who was detained in a brainwashing class, on March 14, 2001.

Mr. Pu Shuzhen was a 61-year-old practitioner from Xiaohu Village, Sanhe City, Hebei Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. Before he began practicing Falun Gong, he had a lot of illnesses, including bad circulation that caused numbness in his extremities and hypertension. As a result of practicing Falun Gong, Mr. Pu became completely healthy. After July 20, 1999, authorities from the 610 Office went to his home to harass and intimidate him. Because of the severe pressure and constant intimidation, Pu Shuzhen's illnesses returned and he passed away on November 17, 2002.

Ms. Li Baozhen was a 49-year-old practitioner from Xiaohu Village, Sanhe City, Hebei Province, who started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. Before she practiced Falun Gong, she had many diseases and she felt very weak and irritable at all times. As soon are she started practicing Falun Dafa, her illnesses went away and she felt light and full of energy, even while working. After July 20 1999, the deputy Party secretary of the village, Zhang Xihua, (who has since died)) went to her home to harass her. Mr. Li was very timid and it was very hard on her to suffer such continual harassment. After a long period of this mental pressure, her ill-health returned and she died on November 9, 2002.

Ms. Cai Banghua, was a 30-year-old practitioner from Kunming City, Yunnan Province. She previously had a severe kidney disorder (nephropathy). After she began to practice Falun Gong in 1997, the nephropathy and all other symptoms of illness disappeared. Ms. Cai felt happy and content because she was practicing cultivation diligently. In 1998, she was selected as the vice-director of a street committee and she performed her duties well and worked very hard. After the persecution started on July 20, 1999, the director, Zhang Hui, created much difficulty for her by increasing her workload and assigning tasks to her just when it was time to go home. He forced Ms. Cai to write "repentance letters" repeatedly, but she did not hand in all of her Dafa books. Finally, he forced Ms. Cai to resign from her position. Because Cai Banghua had no job, she experienced economic hardship on top of the mental suffering caused by the constant harassment. Thus, her old illness recurred and she died in June 2000.