Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Twelve Falun Dafa Practitioners from Hubei, Liaoning, Sichuan, Hebei, and Other Provinces Died from the Persecution

July 15, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Huazi, 70 years old, was a farmer from Xiyu Village, Yanglin Town, Hanchuan City, Hubei Province. Mr. Li started practicing Falun Gong in 1997 and benefited both mentally and physically. While Falun Gong suffered persecution, he remained steadfast. In March 2000, Mr. Li was arrested and detained in the No.2 Detention Center in Hanchuan by staff from the 610 Office. He was released after being detained for several months. In November that same year, Mr. Li went to Beijing to appeal. Police arrested him on the way and locked him up in the Shijiazhuang Detention Center. While there, he suffered a brutal torture: the police hammered a row of nails into a wooden block, with the nails protruding one or two centimeters. They then punctured Mr. Li's palms with the wooden block. Later, Mr. Li was transferred back to Hanchuan and sentenced to one year of forced labor. In the Xiaogan Forced Labor Camp, Mr. Li again suffered savage torture, which resulted in him becoming extremely weak. He suffered edema and asthma. In spite of this, when his term was over, they still didn't set him free. Mr. Li thus underwent a hunger strike and was released in December 2001. Since then his health has deteriorated steadily, and Mr. Li passed away on May 26, 2005.

Ms. Wang Shuhua, 51 years old, was a practitioner from Benxi City, Liaoning Province. Ms. Wang started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Before that, she suffered from a slipped disc in the lower back. After practicing Falun Gong, she became healthy. In order to clarify the truth about Dafa, Ms. Wang went to Beijing twice. She was arrested and locked up in the Benxi City Detention Center. Later, a street committee member harassed her. When she clarified the truth to that person, she was turned in, arrested and locked up in the detention center. After that, the police station and street committee personnel frequently harassed her at home. Her work place also stopped payment of her salary. Ms. Wang was forced into homelessness, and her spirit suffered a severe blow. Because of the long term persecution, her health deteriorated and she passed away on March 9, 2003.

Ms. Li Xiuyan, 60 years old, was a retired worker from Dengta City, Liaoning Province. Before she practiced Falun Gong, she suffered from cancer of the rectum and many other illnesses. In 1997 she started practicing Falun Gong, and all of her illnesses disappeared. After July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing in October to validate Dafa. When she reached the North Station in Shenyang, she was intercepted. She returned home, where the local police extorted money from her. The local authorities hounded her and intimidated her family, making her unable to study the Fa and practice the exercises. Her old illnesses relapsed and she died in December 2001.

Ms. Yue Yuzhi, 67 years old, was a villager from Qili Village, Jinhua Town, Wuhou District, Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. In 1997 she suffered from stomach cancer. After being notified of her terminally ill status, she started practicing Falun Gong and regained her health as a result. After July 20, 1999, she still firmly practiced Falun Gong and clarified the truth and distributed Dafa truth-clarifying materials. The local evildoers escalated the pressure placed upon her children. Because of the pressure, her children didn't allow her to study the Fa and practice the exercises, and didn't allow her to share experiences with fellow practitioners. This made her body and mind severely suffer, and her old illnesses relapsed. Ms. Yue passed away in June 2004.

Ms. Yang Xingbi, 60 years old, was a retired worker from the 5701 Factory in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1996 and all of her illnesses went away without treatment. After July 20, 1999 she suffered pressure, harassment, and persecution from the local police station, the town government and from the security department at her workplace. She also had cancer and died in January 2004.

Mr. Xia Hua, 80 years old, was a retired cadre from the 5701 Factory in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province. After he practiced Falun Gong in 1996, his suffering having to do with bowel movements and all other illnesses were gone. Since July 20, 1999, when the evil persecuted Falun Gong, she suffered harassments and mental persecution from every angle and died in February 2005.

Mr. Guo Wang, 63 years old, was a Dafa practitioner from Jiaoshang Village, Dongchengfang Town, Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province. The evening of December 13, 2004, Mr. Guo was arrested by Song Xiaobin, head of the town's "610 Office," who was leading a group of people without following any legal procedures. They forced him to write the Guarantee Statement and extorted 2,000 Yuan from him. After Mr. Guo was released, he died in April 2005 as a result of the persecution he had suffered.

Mr. Fu Zhilong, 70 years old, was the former chair of the labor union in the Qiaodong District, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province. Since he practiced Falun Gong in 1995, he benefited mentally and physically and had a harmonious family. Because Mr. Fu was once one of the volunteer contact persons of a practice site in Shijiazhuang City, he suffered severe persecution. Right after July 20, 1999 he was detained and persecuted in the Qiaodong District Police Department for over one month. During every holiday and politically sensitive days, the officers from the local police station and from the street committee often harassed him at home or made intimidating phone calls to his home. Mr. Fu's health deteriorated and he died on March 27, 2005.

Ms. Bi Jingzhi, 56 years old, was a Falun Gong practitioner from the Wuzhan District, Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province. On July 22, 1999 Ms. Bi went to the provincial government to clarify the truth about Dafa. The local police station personnel thus considered her as the key person and often went to her home to harass and intimidate her. On August 23, 2000, the police suddenly broke into her house and forcibly took her away. They then detained and persecuted her. This harmed her severely - physically, spiritually and economically. Ms. Bi died on May 27, 2005.

Ms. Zhang Guifen, 63 years old, was a resident from the Pingfang District, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. Ms. Zhang started practicing Falun Gong in 1996. Her husband was detained for nearly one month for going to Beijing to validate Dafa and was persecuted twice in brainwashing classes. Her daughter was detained once, as well. Her son was dismissed from public office because he firmly practiced Dafa. She herself was frequently threatened and harassed by the local "610 Office" staff, and had once stopped the practice in July 2001. This caused her heart disease to recur. She died on June 20, 2003.

Ms. Liu Xiaoju, 48 years old, was a resident from Daping Town, Duyun City, Guizhou Province. Ms. Liu started practicing Falun Gong at the end of 1998. After the persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, her workplace authorities threatened her with dismissing her from work and cutting her salary, and prohibited her from practicing. They even assigned a "collaborator" to monitor her. In November 2003, Ms. Liu suffered from lung cancer and resumed the practice. Half a year later the lung tumor disappeared. When the workplace authorities learned that she was practicing again, they again threatened her with dismissal from work and stopping her salary. This resulted in the recurrence of her old illness. In late September that same year, her daughter was reported to the police for distributing Dafa truth-clarifying materials. The local police officers harassed and intimidated her numerous times, and her health deteriorated. Ms. Liu died on December 8, 2004.

Mr. Wu Pixian was an employee of the Yakeshi City Construction Engineering Bureau. During a period of working as a laborer in 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal. Later, Mr. Wu was brutally persecuted, and he died in June 2000.