Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Fourteen Falun Dafa Practitioners Who Died as a Result of Persecution

July 13, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Xin Huiming was a 53-year-old resident of Taishang Village, Henanzhai Town, Miyun County, Beijing. In late 1997, she was diagnosed with "pulmonary artery embolism" - an extremely rare disease. Expert doctors from many large well-known hospitals throughout the country could not help her. She was kept alive by injections and infusions. In January 1998, Ms. Xin started to practice Falun Dafa, after which her condition gradually improved and she could take care of herself. One year later, she completely recovered from the disease. Over 30 people around her who witnessed the miracle also started to practice Falun Dafa. After July 20, 1999, Ms. Xin went to many government offices at different levels to clarify the truth with her own experience. The local township police and 610 Office arrested her and sent her to the county detention center where she was tortured using various instruments such as high-voltage electric shocking devices. In 2000, Ms. Xin died as a result of the torture.

Mr. Gong Jiusheng, 63, was a resident of Beijingou Village, Henanzhai Town, Miyun County, Beijing. He was diagnosed with acute bone cancer in 1997. He received medical treatment at several big hospitals in Beijing, yet the specialist doctors could not help him. He became bed-ridden until he started to practice Falun Gong in 1998. After several months of practicing and studying the Fa, Mr. Gong recovered from the disease. After July 20, 1999, the township police and the local 610 Office arrested him and tortured him with electrical shock instruments. Mr. Gong's mind and body were seriously damaged and he passed away in early 2002.

Ms. Gong Shuzhen was a 52-year-old resident of Kanggezhuang Village, Tiangezhuang Town, Miyun County, Beijing. She started to practice Falun Gong in 2002, after which the township police, the local 610 Office, and village government officials arrested her and sent her to a brainwashing center. The torture she received in the brainwashing center seriously hurt her mind and body. As a result, she passed away on March 14, 2003 (Chinese Lunar Calendar).

Ms. Feng Nairu was an 87-year-old resident of Shengshuitou Village, Henanzhai Town, Miyun County, Beijing. Before she started to practice Falun Gong in 1998, she suffered from many diseases and could not take care of herself. One month after her daughter-in-law helped her get started in practicing and studying the Fa, all her diseases disappeared. After July 20, 1999, the police from the township police station and the 610 Office went to her home and harassed her many times. Once the police arrested her daughter-in-law and detained her in the county detention center. While making the arrest, they also beat and cursed the elderly woman. Ms. Feng was seriously injured from the beating and passed away in March 2000.

Ms. Zhao Xiuzhen was an 83-year-old resident of Dongyujiatai Village, Henanzhai Town, Miyun County, Beijing. She used to suffer from many diseases, including high blood pressure. As a result, she had to take many kinds of medication and she could not take care of herself. Several months after she started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, all her diseases disappeared. She enjoyed good health and persisted in practicing. After July 20, 1999, the township police and the 610 Office ransacked her home, extorted money from her, and arrested her many times. She also witnessed the brutal torture her son and daughter-in-law received. In addition, the police staff insulted and cursed Ms. Zhao. All of the above persecution seriously injured her mind and body. Ms. Zhao passed away in September 1999.

Ms. Zhang Fengmei was a resident of Pingtou Village, Henanzhai Town, Miyun County, Beijing. In 2000, while she was clarifying the truth and distributing truth-clarifying materials, a county police officer named Li arrested her and sent her to the county detention center. They then transferred Ms. Zhang to the Tiantanghe Forced Labor Camp (in Daxing County, Beijing) and brutally tortured her there. In April 2002, after torturing her to the verge of death, they sent her home. Ms. Zhang never recovered and passed away in early July 2002.

Ms. Luo Meiying, 57, was a family member of an employee of the Jinshajiang Forrest Product Company in Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province. Ms. Luo started to practice Falun Gong in 1999. In 2001, she distributed some truth-clarifying materials. On September 29, someone reported her activity to the police. On the same day, five police officers from the Geliping Police Station (including director Zhao Zhijiang, police officer Xun Lianbin, Fu Qiang, and two other officers) ransacked Ms. Luo's home and arrested her. They detained her in the Geliping Police Station for a day and transferred her to the city detention center on September 30, 2001. While Ms. Luo was detained, her husband Li Baofu went to the Geliping Police Station to request her release. Director Zhao Zhijiang said, "Her case can be considered either a small or big one; a big case can result in several years in jail." Mr. Li knew that Zhao was asking for money, so he bribed the related people in the police station and gave Zhao 5,000 yuan. As a result, Ms. Luo was fined 250 yuan and released on October 24, 2001. However, the police often went to her home after that, harassing and threatening her. Her husband worried about her safety, so he forbade her from going out and practicing Falun Gong. Since then, she almost never shared experiences with her fellow practitioners. Later, Ms. Luo suffered a relapse of those diseases she had before she became a practitioner. She died on May 29, 2004.

Ms. Yang Huirong, 59, lived in No. 33-3 Gongan Street, Fangzi District, Weifang City, Shandong Province. In 1995, she had an operation that removed a tumor from her breast, after which her body was very weak. In 1997, she started to practice Falun Gong. As a result, she slowly recovered. In late 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. After she returned, she kept clarifying the truth to people. In the winter of 2002, her husband was arrested for making truth-clarifying materials. The police ransacked their home, extorted a huge amount of money from them, sentenced her husband to 3 years of forced labor, and harassed Ms. Yang many times at her home. The torture and harassment seriously damaged Ms. Yang's mind and body. She suffered from various symptoms and was sent to the emergency room of a hospital. There, she was diagnosed with uremia and her old diseases relapsed. She passed away on January 2, 2005.

Mr. Shi Weizhi, 68, was a resident of Shannan Village, Douhutun Town, Liaocheng City, Shangdong Province. He had many diseases such as hypertension and had suffered a stroke. Through practicing Falun Dafa, he recovered from those diseases. After July 20, 1999, his two daughters and son-in-law went to Beijing to validate Dafa. The police detained them and beat them. They also ransacked Mr. Shi's home and arrested his wife, his son, and his daughter-in-law. For some time, only Mr. Shi and his 9-year-old granddaughter were left at home. The police also pressured them to pay 5,000 yuan as a "fine" or bail. After that incident, his two daughters were arrested, detained and subjected to brainwashing many times. They were forced to leave home to avoid continued persecution. His son-in-law was sent to a forced labor camp. In order to arrest his two daughters, the persecutors went to Mr. Shi's home many times and threatened him, which greatly damaged his mental and physical health - he lived in fear and stress for a long period of time before passing away on June 18, 2005.

Mr. Han Zhiqing, 72, was a resident of Zhejiang Province. He recovered from all his previous diseases after starting to practice Falun Gong in 1996. After July 20, 1999, the police followed, monitored, and threatened him. They also ransacked his home twice. The torture he suffered seriously hurt his mind and body. Mr. Han died in February 2005.

Mr. Sun Shifeng, 51, was a resident of Liusan Village, Dongguoweichang, Panshan County, Panjin City, Liaoning Province. After July 20, 1999, Mr. Sun actively clarified the truth to people. As a result, the local police harassed and threatened him, which made him become physically sick. He died in April 2003.

Ms. Liu Shuyuan was a resident of the Sujiatun District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. She suffered from many diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, problems with blood vessels in the brain, eye disease, and problems with her cervical vertebra. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1997. After practicing for some time, all her diseases disappeared and she regained her health. After July 20, 1999, the police often went to her home and harassed her - they forbade her from practicing and forcibly got her fingerprints. Due to the prolonged persecution, Ms. Liu died on September 5, 2004.

Mr. Wei Shanyu, 71, was a resident of Dandong City, Liaoning Province. Because he'd had a stroke, he could not take care of himself. After he started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, his condition improved and he could take care of himself. After July 20, 1999, the local police went to his home many times. They harassed and threatened him. Mr. Wei died as a result. The police confiscated some truth-clarifying materials he made before his death.

Ms. Li Qiusheng was a resident of the Zaoqiang County Farm, Hebei Province. He suffered from an incurable disease. Through practicing Falun Gong, she regained her health. After July 20, 1999, some government officials harassed her. As a result, she suffered from a relapse and became critically ill. However, Ye Qingbao from her work unit still forced her to sign a statement guaranteeing that she would not to go to Beijing (to appeal for justice for Falun Gong); Ms. Li passed away some time after that.