Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Gong Practitioner Mr. Lin Deming Dies after Prolonged Persecution

July 01, 2005 |  


Mr. Lin Deming, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Weiyuan County, Neijiang City, Sichuan Province, passed away on June 9, 2005 due to prolonged persecution by officials of the 610 Office and guards from Zigong City Prison.

Mr. Lin Deming, a fifty-three-year-old physician, lived in Group one of Qiaodang Village, Jiepai Town, Weiyuan County, Neijiang City, Sichuan Province. He was kind-hearted, and the local villagers and his patients all praised him. Although Mr. Lin Deming was a doctor, he suffered from many diseases, and he even had his spleen surgically removed, but still was not cured. His condition often recurred and he suffered excruciating pain.

In July 1997 Mr. Lin Deming found Falun Dafa. Less than one month after he started practicing, the diseases that had tortured him for many years all vanished and his health naturally returned. The miracle of his recovery spread quickly, bringing many predestined people to his home to study the Fa. Soon after that, his home became a practice site and meeting place for group Fa-study.

After the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Mr. Lin Deming steadfastly persisted in continuing to practice Falun Gong. As a result, he was cruelly persecuted.

In 2000, Mr. Lin Deming peacefully appealed for Falun Gong in Beijing with his six other family members. He was illegally arrested and sent back to Weiyuan County and detained there for 15 days.

In July 2000, the corrupt officials were actively searching out and arresting Falun Gong practitioners in Weiyuan County. Once again, Mr. Lin Deming was arrested and detained for 15 days by officials of Jiepai Town. After he was released from prison, he and other practitioners clarified the truth of Falun Dafa and distributed truth-clarifying materials to people in every city and county in Sichuan Province. Day or night, no matter how far and dangerous the roads they walked, they continued to frighten the evil and save sentient beings with their righteous thoughts.

In January 2001, the police illegally searched Mr. Lin Deming's house and confiscated his property. They found the book Zhuan Falun in his house. For this, Mr. Lin was forcefully detained in a local police substation where he was persecuted. He was sentenced to one-year of imprisonment and was detained at Mianyang City Detention Center. The officials of the Weiyuan County 610 Office also informed the Weiyuan County Health Bureau to withhold his license for practicing medicine, effectively cutting off the family's source of income.

In 2002, Mr. Lin Deming was released. He resolutely persisted in doing what a Dafa disciple should do. Once, some fellow practitioners were illegally arrested. This led the police to arrest Mr. Lin again, and he was sentenced to six-years of imprisonment. One of his family members, Mrs. Lin Haiyan, was sentenced to five-years; Mr. Chen Wancai was sentenced to four-years and Mr. Song Ziming was sentenced to three-years of imprisonment. Mrs. Lin Haiyan was sent to Jianyang Female Forced Labor Camp, while Mr. Lin Deming, Mr. Chen Wancai and Mr. Song Ziming were all sent to Deyang Forced Labor Camp, where they sustained tremendous abuse. Mr. Lin Deming acted according to his strengthened righteous thoughts, and six months later he was transferred to Zigong City Forced Labor Camp where he continued to be cruelly persecuted.

After several years of torture, Mr. Lin Deming became debilitated, losing the use of his left eye. At the Zigong City Forced Labor Camp, he became seriously ill and the prison doctors had to rescue him several times. In 2004, Mr. Lin Deming suffered from high blood pressure and a weak heart. The officials of Zigong City Forced Labor Camp had to send him to the Fourth Hospital of Zigong City for emergency rescue. Mr. Lin was released on medical bail on October 24, 2004, because the labor camp was afraid to be held responsible for his condition.

After Mr. Lin Deming returned home, the 610 Office officials still required him to report to them three times each month. When some truth-clarifying materials appeared in Xindian Town, Weiyuan County, the 610 Office officials blamed Mr. Lin Deming. They colluded with Zigong City Labor Camp to force Mr. Lin Deming to provide a handwriting sample for them to use as evidence. Under the stress of prolonged harassment and persecution, Mr. Lin Deming passed away on June 9, 2005.

The related departments directly involved in the torture:

Jiepai Town Police Substation: 86-832-8558260
Jiepai Town Government: 86-832-8558301
Deputy Director of Jiepai Town: 86-832-8558262(Office)
The Party Committee of Jiepai Town: 86-832-8558262(Office)
Weiyuan County Police Station: 86-832-8222087, 86-832-8222879, 86-832-8222089