Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Hao Qiuyan, Arrested and Held at the Hebei Provincial Brainwashing Center, Holds Hunger Strike in Protest

June 09, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Hao Qiuyan from Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, has been held at the Hebei Provincial Brainwashing Center for almost three months. The policy at the Hebei Province 610 Office is to send practitioners directly to a forced labor camp if they refuse to "reform" after brainwashing. Ms. Hao has been very determined and is holding a hunger strike. She is only taking a little fluid.

At 6:00 a.m. on January 17, 2005, Ms. Hao Qiuyan was abducted from home by officers from the Hedong Police Station and sent directly to the Hebei Provincial Brainwashing Center. They accused her of trying to find an attorney for her husband Huang Wei. The Hedong Administration Office paid 10,000 yuan to send a group of people to brainwash Ms. Hao.

Ms. Hao's husband Huang Wei has been sentenced to another three years of forced labor after his earlier three-year sentence expired. Her father-in-law is 76 years old and is suffering from diabetes. Her mother-in-law is 74. She has undergone three heart surgeries and has to carry her heart medicine with her. She travels between the labor camp and the brainwashing center to visit her son and her daughter-in-law. Her grandson is only six years old and often cries himself to sleep.

The Persecution of Ms. Hao Qiuyan

Ms. Hao is 34 years old and studied art design. She is a very honest and kind person. She started to practice Dafa in the spring of 1995, along with her husband Huang Wei. They were a healthy and happy family.

In late 1999, Mr. Huang Wei was accused of an "unsuccessful attempt to appeal" and was sentenced to three years of forced labor. His sentence expired in late 2002. He was sentenced to another three years of forced labor on April 13, 2004, because he "refused to accept the brainwashing." When they arrested her husband, the authorities didn't follow any legal procedures. Ms. Hao appealed for Mr. Huang for almost seven months, but the government officials refused to listen to her. In late November 2004 she tried to hire an attorney to defend Mr. Huang, but the court refused to accept her case.

Ms. Hao left home after Huang Wei was abducted on April 13, 2004. She later returned home in order to look for an attorney, and stayed home until the court denied her appeal.

While Ms. Hao was waiting for a response from the court, early in the morning on January 17, 2005, when her father-in-law opened the door to go out for a walk, several plainclothes police officers from the Hedong Police Station barged in. Despite cries from her family, they abducted Ms. Hao in her slippers. They sent her to "study" at the Hebei Provincial Legal Education Center, which is actually the Hebei Provincial Brainwashing Center.

The Persecution of Mr. Huang Wei

Mr. Huang Wei, 36, worked as a sales representative at the Hebei Medicine and Biology Engineering Company in Shijiazhuang City. Neighbors and colleagues all liked him. According to his wife Mrs. Hao, he started practicing Falun Dafa in the spring of 1995. He benefited from the practice both mentally and physically, and was able to get rid of his smoking, gambling, drinking and other bad habits. His temperament also improved greatly. His relationship with his wife and other members of his family also grew more harmonious. After the persecution began, however, Mr. Huang was charged with "unsuccessful attempt to appeal" and sentenced to three years of forced labor in late 1999.

In late 2002 Mr. Huang returned home. Towards the end of 2003, some of his friends helped him start a business in wholesale medicine and clothing. He partnered with a few other practitioners who were unemployed at the time. He rented space in a tractor factory dormitory. The room doubled as a warehouse.

On April 13, 2004, four policemen including Yang Yuliang from the Hedong Police Station and Li Guoqiang from the Changan Police Department in Shijiazhuang City, arrested Mr. Huang. They took him to the Hedong Police Station and held him. The police ransacked Mr. Huang's warehouse and took merchandise worth about 40,000 yuan.

On the 38th day of his illegal detention, Mr. Huang received a release warrant, but Wang Ping, Zhai Qingmin and other policemen from the Hedong Police Station took him to the Shijiazhuang City Forced Labor Camp on June 4. Mr. Huang didn't pass the physical exam, because his EKG and blood pressure readings were outside the normal range. But the officers forced the labor camp authorities to accept him.

As of June 4, 2004, Mr. Huang Wei is been held in the Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp, first in Division Two and later in Division Three. During his detention, the guards isolated him and barred him from contact with the outside.

Attorney Gao Zhisheng deeply sympathized with Mr. Huang and his family. He took Mr. Huang Wei's case. On the morning of December 27, 2004, Mr. Gao Zhisheng and another attorney went to three courts in Shijiazhuang City, all of which refused to accept Mr. Huang Wei's case. On December 30, 2004, Mr. Gao wrote a letter to the National People's Congress (NPC) and to Wu Bangguo, head of the NPC, in which he reflected on the lack of conformity and absence of adherence to the rule of law in the Chinese judicial system, and its violation of Falun Gong practitioners' human rights, and he called for the NPC to pass laws to change the current state of the judicial system. Mr. Gao said in his letter, "While diligently trying to process the case concerning Huang Wei, I discovered a phenomenon that circumvents and undermines completely the dictum, 'rule the country by law,' which is espoused, upheld, advanced and implemented in all modern civilized systems. The most serious deadlock is within the judiciary field. Their intention to operate outside established laws makes one gasp in horror and puts one in despair. As an attorney and a Chinese citizen, I can no longer remain silent!"

The government not only refused to release Mr. Huang Wei after receiving Mr. Gao Zhicheng's letter, they arrested and detained his wife, Mrs. Hao Qiuyan, and threatened to arrest Mr. Gao if he had any further involvement in cases concerning Falun Gong practitioners.

Huang Wei's family
Huang Ming: 86-311-6046659 (Office)
Office of the Shijiazhuang City Sports Committee, Sports Street
Huang Qi, Huang Wei's brother, general manager of the Huayao Pharmacy: 86-311-5055430 (Home)
Chen, Huang Qi's wife, works at a the Shijiazhuang City office
Huang Li, Huang Wei's sister: 86-311-5071489 (Home)
Huang Shaoying, father: 86-311-5060207 (Home)

Related work units and persons responsible:
Hebei Provincial Legal Education Center
Address: Beicheng Road, Shijiazhuang City
Front office: 86-311-7762641
Office: 86-311-7792624 ext. 8012, 8012, 8016, 86-311-7712624 ext. 8015
Yuan Shuqian, Guo Suoshan, Li Aiguo, heads of the office
Han and Liang, administrators
Liang Ziling, "collaborator"

Hedong Street Office in Shijiazhuang City
Address: No. 446 East Zhongshan Road in Shijiazhuang City
Zip code: 050031
Phone: 86-311-5052743, 86-311-5052742
Phone: 5667647, ask for the Party secretary
Lu Mingxuan, head of the office
Zhou Yue and Han Shusong, deputy heads of the office, Hedong Police Station in Shijiazhuang City, Meiji Street, Zip code: 050000
Su Wenxing, head of the police department in charge of Huang Wei's case 86-311-5052891, 86-311-5055880, 86-13091001116 (Cell)
Xu Tao, person in charge of Huang Wei's case: 86-13703392409 (Cell)
Yang Yuliang, officer responsible for arrests of practitioners
Li Shanshan, female police officer
Li Huiyuan, political head in charge of persecuting Falun Gong: 86-311-5052891, 86-311-5055880
Wang Xilian, head of the police department
Wang Xiangping and Li Xudong, deputy heads of the police department
Zhang Lianduo, police officer in charge of the persecution of Falun Gong

Shijiazhuang City 610 Office:
Address: NO 56 Qingyuan Street
Liang Jianbin, head: 86-311-6686716
Lu Junying, deputy head: 86-311-6686706
Han Xinmin: 86-311-6686708