Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Jiang Yiyun from Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province Tortured to Death by Police

June 09, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Several police officers from the State Security Bureau in Jiangyou City, Sichuan Province tortured a practitioner to death and discarded his body on May 17, 2005. The police then spread rumors that the practitioner committed suicide. There were severe injuries on the head and face, and the practitioner's body was also covered with wounds from torture, making it clear that he was tortured to death. The police would not allow the family members to take the body. Instead, they shipped the body to a crematory for cremation that same morning.

Mr. Jiang Yiyun, 59, was a farmer from Taiping Town, Jiangyou City. He lived on Jiangjia Lane. He started practicing Falun Gong a few years ago in order to improve his health. After he started cultivating, he was strict with himself in following the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance." His neighbors all knew that he was a good person.

In the winter of 1999, Mr. Mr. Jiang went to Beijing to appeal. The police arrested him, and detained him for some time before sentencing him to one year of forced labor in 2000. After he was released, the police from the State Security Bureau often harassed him at his home.

On the morning of April 10, 2005, several police officers from the State Security Bureau in Jiangyou City broke into Mr. Jiang's home. They beat him and ransacked his home. At around 11:00 a.m., the police arrested him. He was released at around 6:00 p.m., and was arrested again at around 9:00 p.m. that night. There were many eye-witnesses to this event.

It was said that the State Security Bureau in Jiangyou City arrested some practitioners who were distributing truth-clarifying materials. They thought that there were truth-clarifying materials in Mr. Jiang's home, so they ransacked his home and arrested him.

During his detention, Mr. Jiang was tortured to death by the police. In order to cover up their crime, the police discarded Mr. Jiang's body in the woods near Mr. Jiang's home, so that it would appear as if Mr. Jiang was murdered or committed suicide.

At around 8:00 a.m. on May 17, 2005, someone found Mr. Jiang's body and called the police. Officers from the local police department went to the site. Many observers were shocked to find the severe injuries on Mr. Jiang's face and head. The body was covered with wounds. There was also the marking of a rope around his neck. Finally, Mr. Jiang's family members arrived. They never expected to find Mr. Jiang's body in the woods, knowing that Mr. Jiang had been detained by the police.

The police requested a quick autopsy. They did not allow the family members to take the body home. Instead, they shipped the body directly to a crematory and claimed that Mr. Jiang committed suicide. On the same afternoon, the police went to Mr. Jiang's home and coerced his family to tell others that Mr. Jiang disappeared after leaving home. Mr. Jiang's family members were scared and said very little about his death. After Mr. Jiang's body was cremated, the State Security Bureau extorted several thousand yuan from his family members. The family members tried to reason with the authorities, but to no avail.

People responsible:

Autopsy medical examiners: Chen Huaguo, Gu Qiang, and Wan Zhengfu
Officials in Jiangyou City State Security Bureau who are directly responsible: Deputy head Xie Yong, director Yang Liusong, and Zou Shicai: 86-816-6523723