Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

More Information about Mr. Cui Cunyi's Torture Death in Mudanjiang City in 2002 (Photo)

June 03, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Cui Cunyi, a Falun Gong practitioner in Mudanjiang City, was tortured to death three years ago. At the beginning of May 2002, he was forcibly taken away by authorities from the city's Dong'an District Police Department. Later, he was transferred to the Nanshan Police Station in Yangming District where the police beat him black and blue and tortured him to death. The autopsy report made by the legal medical experts indicated that five of his ribs were broken; one of the five ribs was broken into three pieces and another into two pieces; his lung and legs turned completely black, and his eyes were swollen and bloodied. The wounds were ghastly to look at.

(Reference to a report in Chinese: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/12/19/55730.html)


Mr. Cui Cunyi

During the procedure of the autopsy, the police department videotaped and took pictures of the body. After two legal medical exams, the experts from Heilongjiang Provincial Justice Appraisal Center wrote a formal report. However, the authorities still refused to give copies to the victim's family members.

Therefore, Mr. Cui's family members kept appealing to the Political and Judiciary Committee, the police department, the court, the procuratorate and other provincial departments. They even went to Beijing to appeal to the state council, the Supreme Procuratorate and the central commission for disciplinary inspection. Eventually, Mudanjiang City settled the case by paying tens of thousands yuan as compensation at the end of 2004.

Mr. Cui Cunyi's remains were kept in storage for two and a half years before the funeral in December 2004.

The Nanshan Police Station was listed in the human rights report by the UN's Human Rights Commission in 2005. The Commission has requested an investigation of the perpetrators in charge of persecuting Falun Gong.

The city police chief, Han Jian, the city Communist Party secretary, Zhang Qiuyang and the mayor Dong Shaolin are beginning to receive karmic retribution for their crimes. They were detained last year and ordered to confess within a fixed period time as part of an extensive investigation into corruption and financial crimes.