Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Inner Mongolia: Falun Dafa Practitioner Forced into Exile and Died; Husband and Daughter Detained

June 25, 2005 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Forty-three-year old Ms. Wang Shuyan was a Falun Gong practitioner from Tongliao City, Inner Mongolia. In March 2004 she was arrested for practicing Falun Gong. Later she escaped with the help of her righteous thoughts. After that, the Tongliao police raided her home, took her husband and daughter away and posted a reward for her capture and arrest. Ms. Wang was compelled to go into exile. She died on March 1, 2005, due to the trauma from long-term persecution and having to live in exile.

Ms. Wang Shuyan's family used to be called an "illness family." Her husband, Mr. Li Yinjie, was a prison police officer at the Tongliao Prison. Starting when he was in his early 20's, he suffered from Hepatitis B for many years. Expensive medical treatment temporarily suppressed the symptoms twice, but they only recurred later. When the deadly disease returned for the third time, the director of the local contagious disease hospital told him, "Please find some other hospital; we've given up on you." The desperate Mr. Li went to Beijing and consulted with Hepatitis B experts from the Beijing Hepatitis B Research Institute. They told him, "Our treatment will cost you tens of thousands of Yuan to be paid all at once; even you pay this amount, the chance of your surviving is only about one percent."

Mr. Li, a 1.83-meter (6') tall man, weighed only 65 kg (143 lb) by then. Faced with crushing psychological and economic pressure, Ms. Wang developed serious physical problems including anemia and gynecological and circulatory diseases. She felt cold during all four seasons, and her hands and feet felt like ice. In March 1998 their entire family began to practice Falun Gong. Soon all of them became healthy. Mr. Li's weight increased from 65 kg to 98.5 kg (217 lb). Seeing that he now could walk with confidence and energy, everyone around him said that Falun Gong had changed him.

After the persecution of Falun Gong began in 1999, Ms. Wang refused to give up her belief and her practice. She also began to clarify the facts to the public. In 2000 the police arrested her and sentenced her to three years of forced labor. After her release, she continued her efforts to end the persecution of Falun Gong. On March 15, 2004, while passing out Falun Gong flyers, the police arrested her and sent her to the Tongliao City Police Headquarters. With her strong righteous thoughts, she escaped while still in handcuffs.

On the evening of March 16, 2004, city police officers Shao Jun, Wang Bo and others came to Ms. Wang's house and accused the family of having Falun Gong flyers. Ms. Wang's husband, Mr. Li, said, "I was at work and have no idea what you are talking about. Please go and ask my wife." Not satisfied with his answer, the police started a destructive search of their home. They also made loud noises in the building. At last, they handcuffed Mr. Li and his daughter, Ms Li Chaojun, and took them to police headquarters. During the arrest Miss Li's hand was injured, and the scar is still visible today.

Mr. Li was incarcerated in the Hexi Prison in Tongliao City. At the strong request of a Tongliao Prison official (Li's boss), the police released his daughter. Mr. Li himself was the former head of the No. 5 Ward in the Tongliao Prison. Before he practiced Falun Gong, he was short tempered and rude, and the prisoners were afraid of him. After he began the Falun Gong practice, he changed into a very kind person. He never beat or cursed the prisoners again. Instead, he always persuaded the inmates with reasoning and examples. The criminal inmates respected him. Many inmates, after completing their terms, expressed their feelings, "If I become a repeat offender I will be letting Mr. Li down."

Later the police offered a reward for Ms. Wang's capture. In July 2004 personnel from the Tongliao Police Department posted over 140 "Wanted" notices. Ms. Wang's husband, Mr. Li, was sentenced to three years in prison and moved to the Erzhuan Prison in Tongliao.

After Ms. Wang went into exile, she experienced many difficulties in her daily life; she also experienced a major deterioration of her physical and mental health. She began to feel numbness and other symptoms. On March 1, 2005, Ms. Wang passed away. She left behind her daughter and husband. Out of safety concerns, her young daughter had to move out of her hometown.