Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Nine Practitioners from Beijing, Henan Province, Hebei Province and Sichuan Province Pass Away Due to Persecution

June 19, 2005 |  


Ms. Li Peiqing, a 70-year-old Falun Gong practitioner from Ye County, Pingdingshan City, Henan Province, was a retiree of Ye County Material Bureau. Before she obtained Dafa, she suffered from thigh and shinbone fractures that hadn't healed for over 10 years. At that time, she could only move painfully with the help of two crutches. In the summer of 1998, she started practicing Falun Gong. Less than two months after she began to cultivate, she could walk to the practice site and do the exercises all by herself. In spite of the harassment and pressures after July 20, 1999, Ms. Li Peiqing clarified the truth and magnificence of Falun Dafa to those around her through the example of the health of her own body. Under tremendous psychological pressure, Ms. Li died in 2000.

Ms. Zhou Shufen, 50 years old, was a practitioner from the Fengnan District of Tangshan City, Hebei Province. She was brainwashed by the 610 Office in 1999. After being released, the local police repeatedly came to her home and harassed her. She suffered from tremendous pain both mentally and physically. She passed away on November 4, 2004. Even on the day she died, the local police still came to her home and harassed her family members.

Mr. Bian Shaozhi, 50 years old, was a practitioner from Daodi Township in the Fengnan District of Tangshan City, Hebei Province. After the persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, officials from the local police substation and 610 Office of Daodi Township repeatedly went to his home and harassed him. They didn't allow him to go to his workplace for several days, they held brainwashing classes for him to persecute him, and they confiscated his ID card. His wife, also a practitioner, lost her ID card. The officials not only refused to issue her a new one but also forced her to pay 1000 yuan in fines. Mr. Bian's mother was frightened and became sick due to all these events, and she died in September. Suffering from the persecution for a long time, Mr. Bian's previous heart disease relapsed, and he died on December 6, 2003.

Mr. Li Shuangxi, 38 years old, lived in the Fifth Lianting Production Brigade, Tiemen Township, Macheng City, Hubei Province. He passed away due to persecution in 2000. Those involved in the persecution of Mr. Li were: Luo Zhongyi, the head of the village; Ma Jiabing; Zhang Shouguo; and Zou Xiaolin from the local police substation.

Ms. Ma Zhijin, 64 years old, was a practitioner in Dalian City, Liaoning Province. At the beginning of March 2001, when she was distributing truth materials in the residential area surrounding Tiger Beach in the Zhongshan District of Dalian City, the Tiger Beach Police Substation officials arrested her and detained her on the second floor. She jumped from the second floor, injured her legs, and became paralyzed. She was sent to her hometown in Changchun city and passed away in 2003.

Mr. Su Licheng, 75 years old, was a practitioner from the first team of the fifth Production Brigade, Xinhe Village, Miyi County, Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province. Someone reported him as he studied the Fa at the home of a fellow practitioner the beginning of July 2000. He was constantly threatened by the 610 Office, which led to his death.

Ms. Qin Zhiyu, 66 years old, was a farmer of the fourth team in Tounian Village, Miyi County, Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province. She obtained the Fa in 1998. After the persecution of Falun Gong began, her family members objected to her practicing Falun Gong, causing intense psychological pressure. She died in March 2003.

Ms. Wang Peihui, 39 years old, was a farmer from the fourth team in Xinhe Village, Miyi County, Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province. After the persecution of Falun Gong began, her family members opposed her practice of Falun Gong. She suffered tremendous pain mentally and passed away in June 2004.

June 4, 2005


Mrs. Xu Xiuling, over 50 years old, was a senior engineer in the lab at the Environmental Chemical College of Beijing Industrial University. After July 20, 1999, she steadfastly cultivated in Falun Dafa. In the first half of 2001, personnel from Beijing Industrial University, the Beijing Advanced Education system, and the Beijing Police Station sent Mrs. Xu against her will to brainwashing classes at Beijing's "Judicial Training Center," where she was detained and persecuted.

During more than ten days of cruel and intense brainwashing sessions, Mrs. Xu always insisted on her firm belief in "Truthfulness Compassion and Forbearance." The authorities sentenced her to a forced labor camp, but the labor camp refused to accept her due to her abnormal blood pressure. After Mrs. Xu was released and returned to Beijing Industrial University, she was not only monitored by the police for a long time but also was demoted to the position of receptionist at her workplace. Her husband, who worked in the same university and was also transferred from his original position because of being involved in her case, was even ordered to monitor and take charge of his wife. For several years, Mrs. Xu utilized every opportunity to appeal to and clarify the truth to the department where she had previously worked, to the university's Security Department, and to leaders at different levels, her colleagues, and the police. She repeatedly requested to be reinstated in her previous position and repeatedly called for an end to the unfair treatment she was receiving.

Mrs. Xu's appeals and requests raised a great deal of sympathy and attention from many people, while the relevant departments gave her the cold shoulder and rejected her. Claiming various excuses, the harassment continued, causing Mrs. Xu to live in a repressive environment for many years. Stressed by the mental and physical discrimination and cruel persecution, Mrs. Xu died on April 30, 2005.

June 4, 2005