Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Summary of Other Articles and News - May 26, 2005

June 12, 2005 |  


Facts of the Persecution

1. Please Rescue Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Liu Fanxin from Chongqing City

Ms. Liu Fanxin is in her 50s, and is a Falun Dafa practitioner from Beipei District, Chongqing City. She was severely mistreated after she exposed the rape of young female graduate student Wei Xingyan of Chongqing University. On June 22, 2003, Ms. Liu Fanxin was detained in Dadukou District Detention Center, where police officers Hua (gender unknown) and Wen Fanghong (female) tortured her by hanging Ms. Liu by her handcuffed wrists from a metal window frame. Her lower back was injured by the window ledge, and both of her hands have been disabled ever since this abuse took place. Additionally, one of her shoulders has remained dislocated since the torture session. Between June and December 2004, the police tried three times to send Ms. Liu to Yongchuan Women's Prison, but she was rejected each time due to her severe injuries. She is still detained at the Dadukou District Detention Center.


2. Persecution Facts about Retired Army Official Rao Rongxuan from Chongqing City

Army official Mr. Rao Rongxuan was forced to retire in July 2000 because he went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa. On April 26, 2001, Mr. Rao Rongxuan was abducted and taken to Xinhua Forced Labor Camp, located in Mianyang City, Sichuan Province. In the labor camp, Mr. Rao was tortured by being bound, brutally beaten, and force-fed drugs, and subjected to other abuse. When his prison term ended, Mr. Rao returned to his home town of Yongchuan City. On April 26, 2003, the Yongchuan City 610 Office arrested 26 Falun Dafa practitioners, including Mr. Rao. Mr. Rao held a hunger strike to protest, which resulted in his being force-fed and brutally beaten. During one of the beatings, the guards grabbed his hair and slammed his head into a wall. He was then shackled, which caused extreme pain to his feet. He was tortured at that prison for a month. On June 21, 2003, Rao Rongxuan was arrested again. In September 2004, the courts sentenced him to seven years in prison. On December 6, 2004, Mr. Rao Rongxuan was sent to the Yongchuan City Prison.