Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Thirteen Falun Dafa Practitioners Died in the Persecution

May 06, 2005 |  


Miss Zhang Zheng, 14 years old, was a student at Quantang Middle School in Chaohu City, Anhui Province. She was a good student with high morals. She went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and was illegally sent to a forced labor camp. During her detention, her home was ransacked and searched several times. She was frightened and under intense pressure. She was not allowed to continue doing the Falun Gong exercises or study any Falun Gong books. In November 2000, she showed symptoms of leukemia and died in February 2001.

Ms. Sun Shoufen, 67 years old, lived on Erli Street in Hefei City, Anhui Province. Before she practiced Falun Gong, she suffered from leukemia and diabetes. Through the practice of Falun Gong, she recovered from her illnesses. After July 20, 1999, she was forced to stop practicing and her diseases recurred soon after. She began to practice Falun Gong again and recovered. After experiencing the extraordinary health effects of Falun Gong, she went to Beijing to show the government her medical records. She wanted to tell them the facts about Falun Gong. Instead, she was arrested and illegally detained. After her release, she was continuously harassed and threatened, and her family members were under pressure. As a result of the persecution, her illnesses recurred towards the end of 2003. She died around January 9, 2005.

Mr. Li Tianbao, more than 70 years old, was a retiree from the Haizhu District in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. He used to suffer from hypertension, myocardial infarction, and arteriosclerosis. His hands shook uncontrollably. He started to practice Falun Gong in September of 1994 and regained his health. Beginning on July 20, 1999, the police and people from his workplace prohibited him from doing the Falun Gong exercises or reading any Falun Gong books. He was forced to write "guarantee statements." His family was told to monitor him and not let him practice. Not long after, his many illnesses reappeared. He had a stroke and became partially paralyzed. He died in 2002.

Ms. Wei Peishu, 82 years old, was a retired cadre from the Tax Bureau of the Haizhu District in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1995. Before that, she was humpbacked and had hypertension and an impaired cardiac muscle. Also, she could not raise her hands above her head. After practicing Falun Gong, her back became straight and her other diseases were cured. After July 20, 1999, the police from Longfeng Police Station in Haizhu District detained her many times and forced her to write guarantee statements. The police often harassed her and pressured her. In November 2003, her illnesses recurred and she died.

Ms. Li Yunkai, 71 years old, was a practitioner in the Haizhu District of Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. She used to suffer from hypertension and myocardial infarction. After she started to practice Falun Gong in 1995, she recovered from all her illnesses. After July 20, 1999, she was forced to stop practicing Falun Gong. Officials from her neighborhood committee often harassed her at home. Her illnesses came back again. and she passed way in November 2002.

Mr. Zhang Xuhao, 27 years old, was from Reichang City, Jiangxi Province. He worked in Wuhan City, Hubei Province. In October 2000, he went to Tiananmen Square to validate Falun Dafa and was illegally detained. Mr. Zhang went on a hunger strike to protest his arrest and was unconditionally released several days later. Due to the intense pressure from the persecution, he died in March of 2004.

Ms. Hu Shuying, 61 years old, was from Wuhan City, Hubei Province. After July 20, 1999, the police and officials from her neighborhood committee frequently threatened her. In January 2002, Shuiguohu Police Station officers took her to the Yangyuan Brainwashing Center. She was detained for three months. After her family member wrote a guarantee statement for her, the local 610 Office agreed to let her go home. Ms. Hu, however, refused to go home when she learned that her family member had written a guarantee statement. The next day, after her family member told her that there was no mention of Falun Gong in the guarantee statement, she was willing to go home. She continued to practice Falun Gong, but due to the pressure from the persecution, she had a stroke in October 2003 and died the following month.

Mr. Yu Changhai, 67 years old, was a retired cadre from the Agriculture Bureau of Gong'an County, Hubei Province. He started to practice Falun Gong in 1995 and recovered from many illnesses. He also became more energetic and healthy. Since the persecution started, he was threatened many times and could not practice on a regular basis. He died in 2000.

Ms. Yao Yindi, 74 years old, was from the Hanyang District of Wuhan City, Hubei Province. She recovered from breast cancer after she started to practice Falun Gong in 1995. A year later, she started to menstruate again. She was in high spirits and full of courage for life. After the persecution started, however, she was frequently harassed and could not practice or study the Fa regularly. As a result, she had a recurrence of her illness. She died in March 2001.

Ms. Xu Jianhua, 69 years old, was from Zhaoyuan City, Shandong Province. In October of 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested on the way there and detained in the garage of the Kaifa District Police Station in Zhaoyuan City. After three straight days and nights of torment, she was released. In January 25, 2001, Ms. Xu's oldest daughter, Jiang Liying, was beaten to death because she refused to give up the practice of Falun Gong. Ms. Xu was devastated. She passed away on January 1, 2004.

Ms. Zhao Fanglan was a retired teacher in Nong'an County, Jilin Province. She started to practice Falun Gong in 1997, and as a result, her heart disease, hypertension and diabetes were cured. In 2000, her two sons and daughters-in-law were persecuted for practicing Falun Gong and sent to labor camps. She was devastated and had a recurrence of her illnesses. In July 15 2001, she died.

Ms. Chai Yujuan, 92 years old, was from Songyuan City, Jilin Province. After Ms. Chai started to practice Falun Gong in December 1998, many of her illnesses disappeared and she became a healthier person. She did not need to take a single pill for three years. In May 2001, her daughter, also a Falun Gong practitioner, was arrested by the police. As a result, Ms. Chai lost her cultivation environment. She died six months later on January 19, 2002.

Mr. Liu Chuncheng, around 70 years old, was a retired cadre from Langfang City, Hebei Province. After he started to practice Falun Gong, he became a healthier person. He once said that he could carry a gas tank weighing as much as 31 kg (about 68 lb). Towards the end of 2000, he went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa and returned home on the same day. Later, his workplace wanted him to write guarantee statements to give up Falun Gong, but he refused. Under intense pressure, he could not do the Falun Gong exercises on a regular basis. Gradually, his health deteriorated. He passed away sometime in September or October of 2001.